Anyone own a Warhead?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:13 PM
davido666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone own a Warhead?

ORIGINAL: ssllc902

Quick HElP!!!

I just bought the warhead evo less then a month ago. So far its a great truck. The 1st thing I was going to do was put a new engine in it. How ever my plans have changed I HAVE THE MONSTER TRUCK FEVER!!!!.No new engine till later. I just bought the mt8.0 and it will be here soon. But I was thinking of putting a new pipe on the super pooper till I do get the os .30 this spring. Can someone give me the names of a couple good pipes around $50 that will help give the pooper a little more torc. I plan on going to day to buy it so if I could get a couple quick responses that would be sweet.
Just look up the page and you will see I have the sportweks HT pipe. Great power and I bought it on ebay from jennysrc.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:40 PM
ashburg

werks big block pipe - the one for the Collari

Quick HElP!!!

I just bought the warhead evo less then a month ago. So far its a great truck. The 1st thing I was going to do was put a new engine in it. How ever my plans have changed I HAVE THE MONSTER TRUCK FEVER!!!!.No new engine till later. I just bought the mt8.0 and it will be here soon. But I was thinking of putting a new pipe on the super pooper till I do get the os .30 this spring. Can someone give me the names of a couple good pipes around $50 that will help give the pooper a little more torc. I plan on going to day to buy it so if I could get a couple quick responses that would be sweet.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:09 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

lol im the one who did the frame dremeling lol if you look at my gallery i have the pics of the sportwerks in my truck and you can see how i cut the half moon in the frame with the dremel to make clearance for the pipe. hey guys look what else i found on ebay [link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370023182201&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=024[/link] its a fan!!! I didnt know there was such a thing!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
WARHEAD1

I cant get over the amount of money people put into this hobby it kills me when i see all the stuff people have
Old 02-15-2008, 06:37 PM
keeblerelf

So I finally got a chance to run my WH with the new 40 series moabs and axial beadlocks and well... look like I might be in the market for a new engine lol. The pooper doesn't turn those tires as well as I'd like it to

It probably didn't help that I forgot to charge my receiver battery today either!

So, I'm taking some advice here.... I need a good engine that I can install without doing a lot of mods. How's the Axial .28R? Would that be any better than the pooper as far as power?
Old 02-15-2008, 07:48 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: keeblerelf

So I finally got a chance to run my WH with the new 40 series moabs and axial beadlocks and well... look like I might be in the market for a new engine lol. The pooper doesn't turn those tires as well as I'd like it to

It probably didn't help that I forgot to charge my receiver battery today either!

So, I'm taking some advice here.... I need a good engine that I can install without doing a lot of mods. How's the Axial .28R? Would that be any better than the pooper as far as power?
most wh engine upgrade :

1) axial, needs little mod, cheaper, has power and consistency.

2) os .30 vg, direct bolt-on, kinda expensive, has power,torque and reliability.

if money is not an issue i'll go for OS...
Old 02-15-2008, 08:17 PM
davido666

All I needed to do to put the axial 32 in my warhead was to get new clutch bell bearings, sg nut and an ofna shim kit. Oh yes don't forget to get rid of the stock exhaust. It sucks. I used the stock flywheel, collet, clutch shoes. The engine dropped right in.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:20 PM
jayman11

ORIGINAL: motodude11

lol im the one who did the frame dremeling lol if you look at my gallery i have the pics of the sportwerks in my truck and you can see how i cut the half moon in the frame with the dremel to make clearance for the pipe. hey guys look what else i found on ebay [link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370023182201&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=024[/link] its a fan!!! I didnt know there was such a thing!!!!

LOL! I saw that on there yesterday.....I have so many of them from junked computers...hmmmm...lol
Old 02-15-2008, 08:37 PM
WARHEAD1

Thats what i used for my axial
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNT03&P=M
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXHMG0&P=K
Old 02-15-2008, 09:07 PM
wolverine47

does anyone kjnow the differnces between the new duratrax rt- x 27
all I can see are the rims with 17 mm hubbs and no reverse.
does anyone know if there is an upgrade package and when it will be a vailible.
and the body in the magazine ad (radio control car action) has a hole over the motor but not the fuel tank is this how they are going to make them.????
Old 02-15-2008, 09:57 PM
wave waker

what a blast to run in the snow n' ice...i'm intended to speed check the wh today but the black top where i used to run has a patch of snow and wet, i'm not getting good traction so i ended up wh vs revo showdown..wh has an advantage of engine torque and tire, it digs and spit those white stuff behind, with revo stock tire most of the time is just spinning, after 2 tanks in wh, engine wont start after further check noticed stripped button head[:@], revo made it to 2 1/2 tank then ez start wire solder broke...both truck runs dry with plastic guard on it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45485.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	879784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17917.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	879785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv53276.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	879786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13035.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	879787  
Old 02-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Rice_slayer

Nice warhead Wave! Im still in search of an Axial 28, stupid ebay sellers dont ship to canada, and some of the snow is finally melting!!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:27 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

look at the sportwerks 26 v2 if you cant find a axial, the sportwerks has more torque and top end anways its just a Mach 427 with a better carb.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:20 PM
davido666

ORIGINAL: Rice_slayer

Nice warhead Wave! Im still in search of an Axial 28, stupid ebay sellers dont ship to canada, and some of the snow is finally melting!!!!!
There is always this axial 28 on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AXIAL-AX001-GREE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-16-2008, 06:29 PM
jayman11

ORIGINAL: Rice_slayer

Is an Axial 28 motor that much better? Is it a direct drop in?

My warhead motor is running crazy hot temps...if i richin it up, the thing wants to go next to nowhere. I was thinking about the whole engine change but I hear .30 this .28 that, what is good and what is an easy drop in? I just want to get some more speed out of this guy!
Old 02-16-2008, 08:06 PM
ssllc902

I just put in the race stearing kit a foc and a new dynamite platinum high torgue exhaust system and this is a new truck. I mean HOLLY !$#&@!!! this truck flies!!! I dont know if it was the FOC or the new pipe but I dont mind the super pooper right know at all. I cant wheelie down the street but I can get the tires to rise just a little then come back down. Maybe with a lighter tire with better grip and I think it would be great!!!! Its hard to belive that tht engine could change so much just from a new pipe. I will hold off of putting the axial in till spring. I wana see if the pooper will last the way I got it tuned. I had to retune it for the new pipe cause it ran too hot.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:09 PM
jayman11

I just put in the race stearing kit a foc and a new dynamite platinum high torgue exhaust system and this is a new truck. I mean HOLLY !$#&@!!! this truck flies!!! I dont know if it was the FOC or the new pipe but I dont mind the super pooper right know at all. I cant wheelie down the street but I can get the tires to rise just a little then come back down. Maybe with a lighter tire with better grip and I think it would be great!!!! Its hard to belive that tht engine could change so much just from a new pipe. I will hold off of putting the axial in till spring. I wana see if the pooper will last the way I got it tuned. I had to retune it for the new pipe cause it ran too hot.
Forward Only Clutch? that much of a difference? and what pipe are you talking about?
Old 02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
jayman11

ahhh i found one on e-bay....noticed the seller is in MN too, you just trying to hype something you are selling on there?
Old 02-17-2008, 12:05 AM
jbb

wow 40 series are huge nice truck wave i was wondering how much power do they rob
Old 02-17-2008, 01:08 AM
wave waker

[quote]ORIGINAL: jbb

wow 40 series are huge nice truck wave i was wondering how much power do they rob
[/quote

thanks guys,,,,,,there's a very slight rubbing between the inner rim and the steering rod and there's none other than that,,,,i think 40 series looks proportion in wh coz its a big truck platform...powerwise its great no problem.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:09 AM
ford77id

Been looking at going with new tires and exhaust before I start to play this spring. I saw this on ebay, and I'm thinking about trying it. Don't know if it will help performance, or if it's just for looks. Don't know for sure that it will even fit or work on a warhead, but I really like the looks of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OFNA-Titan-Titan...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-17-2008, 01:58 AM
ssllc902

ORIGINAL: jayman11

ahhh i found one on e-bay....noticed the seller is in MN too, you just trying to hype something you are selling on there?
lol no I bought it at my lhs. Never heard of it till I bought it. I paid 46 bucks. I hope it was not much cheaper on ebay. I dont know if it was the foc or he pipe but what ever it was I'm lovin it!!!!! But I miss reverse when I ge stuck in a snow bank.lol

Also since theres been so much snow here my stock servos went out right away. I called DT to get new servo saver and told then and they sent me some alright futaba sevos in replace for free. I already installed better hi tec digi servos that have no prob with snow so I will just hold on to them for future use. I'm just sayin it was cool they didnt send me the crappy stock servos just so it could happen again.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:00 AM
keeblerelf

Yeah that's the same way with my Axial beadlocks I put on my WH. It's a shame the Super Tigre doesn't push them very well though =(
Old 02-17-2008, 10:04 AM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: ford77id

Been looking at going with new tires and exhaust before I start to play this spring. I saw this on ebay, and I'm thinking about trying it. Don't know if it will help performance, or if it's just for looks. Don't know for sure that it will even fit or work on a warhead, but I really like the looks of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OFNA-Titan-Titan...QQcmdZViewItem
hey ford,, i been thinkin bout rear exhaust for wh coz i'm tired of the mess done by side exhaust, btw, the picture to me is more like a muffler than a tuned pipe coz it doesn't resemble the tuned pipe configuration so probably it's more on looks than performance, bout the fitting looks like gonna fit..well, if money is not the issue it's kinda worth to try..how about try email the seller and get some info...let us know....
Old 02-17-2008, 10:10 AM
wave waker

Yeah that's the same way with my Axial beadlocks I put on my WH. It's a shame the Super Tigre doesn't push them very well though =(

actually, super pooper has the power to do the job with 40 series tires only that it won't stay consistent tuned, just my experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.