HPI - Savage X
4.76%
Traxxas - Revo 3.3
17.46%
CEN Genesis Super Truck
15.08%
Team Associated - MGT
16.67%
HPI - Savage X SS (Specify Remote + Servos)
11.11%
Traxxas - TMaxx
6.35%
HPI - Savage 25
5.56%
Other (please tell what, i might add it)
8.73%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

The Best Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 05:14 PM
duckedup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Best Monster Truck

IMO

Savage or MGT...

Stock-
The Savage has the edge for toughness (over just about every truck), the MGT is really easy to work on and maintain, it is also tough, just not 'Savage' tough...
Old 11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Bkag

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lacrosse

What nitro rc monster truck is best for beginners? I was looking for something that is good at anything from trails to backyard bashing. I also want something that is tough, and can take what ever i throw at it. Also i want something that goes fast and that i can jump. I live near a bunch of dirt bike tracks and offroad tracks so, there are plenty of jumps and trails. also, i want something that doesnt break very often, and will last.

In my opinion, if it is in your price range i would say the LST 2, great truck for jumping and racing. It is also durable and fast
Old 11-06-2006, 11:20 PM
duckedup

THIS is for RC30GTR.... CEN NX-76 .46 1.58 @ 21,250 rpm 74.88 oz-in @ 16,500 rpm 36,000 rpm w/ kit $299

here's the link.. http://www.xtremerc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2202

and I'll say it again.. I'd trust an independent source before I'd trust a company trying to sell me their product.. makes sense if you think about it..
Old 11-07-2006, 05:18 AM
RC30GTR

for the last time... if Smartech run a 20 page Ad in RCCA like Traxxas did, their big foot will be the best monter truck EVER... you might have a point but so do I.

On top of that, if you are going to questions CEN's NX76 based on extreme's dyno, might as well questions PIco, Novarossi, Axial, RB, ...etc all together.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:37 PM
JAV123

I'm sure that the my nemesis will murder any truck on the list...I raced against savage,t-max,traxxes etc. and killed them all i even race cars one was the shaumacker and murdered that to the nememis top speed with the 3 speed trans and diff lock and other minor mods is incredible!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:44 PM
ry5no2

The savage 25 isnt discontinued acording to the hpi website
Old 11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: JAV123

I'm sure that the my nemesis will murder any truck on the list...I raced against savage,t-max,traxxes etc. and killed them all i even race cars one was the shaumacker and murdered that to the nememis top speed with the 3 speed trans and diff lock and other minor mods is incredible!!!
so... you're trying to say that your Nemesis can hang with a road car?.. you mean you raced an 'on'-road car, 'off'-road.. right?

The Nemesis is a fun truck, but it's not as fast as some of you hardcore CEN fans claim.. although, I haven't experienced the 3 speed yet... from personal experience, top speed for a stock Nemesis vs. stock MGT is about the same, I'd say around 35mph..
Old 11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
RCtruckRacer

If he lived near us, I'd race my Stampede against him at the RCSX track and probably win. Just another keyboard commando trying to incite a flame war.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:22 PM
zach brenner

"Just another keyboard commando trying to incite a flame war. "
very funny
Old 11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
znutt69

While i am new to this forum. I am not new to RC cars and figured i would add my 2 cents. The manufactures post estimated HP, and they come up with that number buy simple math given the max rpm the engine size and max cfm flow into the carb. Do they ever dyno these engines? who knows they might but that isn't where there hp figures come from. Could they make that much HP yeah i guess so in a perfect world. But its not and they don't make the projected hp rating some a little closer than others but none make what the companies state.