Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Madman, what motor are you running in that CEN? Is it a stock RTR engine? Do the usual checks for air leaks first.
-check the head screws
-check backplate screws
-remove the carb, and check for bad o-rings, or a leak at the bolt holding the carb tight

If its not that, look for the letters C E N, anywhere on the engine. That is probably the cause of the overheating, and tuning issues...

Sorry, couldnt resist...
Old 05-09-2008, 11:06 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

If its not that, look for the letters C E N, anywhere on the engine. That is probably the cause of the overheating, and tuning issues...
You sir are just jealous you are not a CEN approved master tuner. You should be happy that you even have RC cars, some kids in 3rd world countries can't have them.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:21 AM
ThermalRD

It is true... I am not CEN certified yet. I've tried and tried, yet i keep failing the exam. Finally i gave up... lol

Shame on me!

So in other news today... My paintwork for PW took about 2 weeks to get re-created. Though i must say, im quite flattered. As this body and art work, were an original design of mine. And the painter DID give me credit for design. Check it out!

Quite a nice reproduction! Sorry PW, next time i'll paint you something that sucks, then it wont get copied. LOL
Old 05-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Bria1

Maybe you should ask for royalties for using your design .

That's funny about C E N, might want to try using a fuel tank from another brand too .

Edit: I know, you could post the pictures of bodies you paint on a website and charge people to be able to see them. Then if they steal your design, at least you made some profit off it. LOL
Old 05-09-2008, 07:36 PM
ThermalRD

Not much you can do about people copying them. It originally really burnt me up that someone copied some of my stuff, but now i am honestly flattered. When i started painting, i struggled with alot of the techniques. As time went on, i was able to put more of my real artwork, and designs on these bodies. With soo many talented painters out there, ya, i was a bit intimidated. But i went on, and did quite a few of my completely original designs. To see that people liked them soo much, that they re-created them, or had someone else duplicate them, was a confidence booster i didnt mind. Like i said though. I dont mind anyone copying them. I just want some sort of recognition is all. Ther person who painted those, did exactly that, and in a very respectful manner.

Anyway, on to the stuff i love the most. Yup, monster trucks. I bet you wont guess what i bought today!!! Another monster truck. With the 5B gone, i had to fill its spot. So i went up to DB's and brought home that monster jumbo giant savage. Ya, its pretty big. I did some research on em last night, and found they come with quite a few nice upgrades, that were SS upgrades on the previous savage. I really cant wait to see how fast this is with the hi-speed 3-speed tranny. So anyway, the body has its cooling hole, the body clip retainers in place, and the battery is charged. Shes ready for break-in!!!!

The angle shot

The side shot ( the new profile of this thing, is just MEAN!!!!)

While i was taking pics, i figured i'd snap a few with some racing treads on there. These are the SS dirt bonz tires, and wheels from my other SS. I never used them. Though i gotta say, they look great on this truck. But chrome aint my thing really.

I'll need to rummage thru my savage goods, and see what softer springs i have. These springs wouldnt be much use on the track. And i do plan to take it to the track, just to play around. Im dyin to run it though. If it wasnt soo late right now, i'd be breaking it in.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Bria1

Haha, you couldn't resist could ya? I was surprised you didn't come home with it yesterday. I'm interested to see what you think of that XL for bashing compared to your SS. Bigger should be better right? [8D]
Old 05-09-2008, 10:28 PM
ThermalRD

Brian, i'll have it broken in tomorrow if all goes well. The truck looks great. The only area that would concern me, would be the hub extensions. But the tires, and the suspension make for a very plush, bouncy landing. So im not really worried about it. I pulled the hubs, and noticed they used 8mm axles on this thing. Should be a very fun truck. I've got it all set, and ready for break-in.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:28 AM
MGTmadman

Sorry, couldnt resist...
Your a funny guy Thermal, I hope your exhaust grows shut

Anyway I believe I know where I went wrong with the tuning after much cogitation, Iam to lean top end and to rich bottom end, motor runs cool while idling and way to hot when running it around. So its back to factory settings and another round of tuning, that is once I get home from work today of course Yeah Thermal I will recheck all those things before I fire it up again to make sure nothing loosened up on me and is compounding the situation, I also installed a check valve on the exhaust side to keep positive presure in the fuel tank, apparently there is a half tank lean issue with the Matrix, hence the check valve. The MGT on the other hand is running just fine, year 3 now and roughly 12 gallons of fuel through the stock engine and it still rips. If I run into any problems with the buggy I will be sure to stop by your place and drop it off so you can fix it LOL J/k

Old 05-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Bria1

That half tank lean issue is characteristic of all CEN products from what I hear LOL.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:18 PM
ThermalRD

I knew you would find my advice useful. If you need any help with it, just let me know. Im sure i can come up with a solution for ya.

So today i didnt get as much done as i really wanted to. I woke up, kinda feelin crappy. Throat feels kinda yuck, and my eyes just have that dry, burning... After the snake show, some A&W, then seeing Iron Man, i came home for break-in. Well, i didnt get 2 minutes into it, before a neighbor was complaining... I just set it all down, and chilled out. I was pretty annoyed. This same neighbor is known for their late night parties during the summer, yet i NEVER complain. Yet i start ONE rc truck, and in 2 minutes, they complain... So anyway, i grabbed some dinner for myself and the kids, and then went back out for a tank of fuel. Just very annoyed with the neighbors. I really want out of this area.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:54 PM
infernalstone

Let them complain. When they continue to complain, politely mention how you don't keep as late company as they do during the summer.

Then go yank the muffler off the lawn mower, and cut the yard.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:27 PM
ThermalRD

Im pretty sick of these neighbors. I just cant stand people that wanna complain about EVERYTHING, and then go and make all types of noise all night, and expect us to put up with it... It gets old really fast.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:02 PM
MGTmadman

oooooo Sounds like we need to have an engine break in party at your place Thermal Gather all the boys and do a cook out with all kinds of nitro burning noise After all turnabout is fairplay, they have loud parties late into the night, you get to run your RC's during the day, seems only fair to me.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:02 PM
binaryterror

Im pretty sick of these neighbors. I just cant stand people that wanna complain about EVERYTHING, and then go and make all types of noise all night, and expect us to put up with it... It gets old really fast.
Another fun fix...remove pipe from Genesis, tune it rich and floor it til she blows...oh yeah do this at 11pm!!!!

I didn't do much. Got the new RC8 tank install but thats about it. Revo and RC8 are both clean and ready for FTMS, though I plan to call in sick one day this week (cough,cough) to head up to FTR for more practice time especially with the buggy.

My Crawler had a failure when I was running today, 8cells killed a front drive shaft and made the DIG output loosen up. All fixed now. I think I need more speed, time to order those BROOD crawler tuned motors.

Lots of Triumph and helping my dad put together his '52 Chevy Hot Rod. Its a nice car, not done at all, but hes working on it slowly.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: MGTmadman

oooooo Sounds like we need to have an engine break in party at your place Thermal Gather all the boys and do a cook out with all kinds of nitro burning noise After all turnabout is fairplay, they have loud parties late into the night, you get to run your RC's during the day, seems only fair to me.

I'll bring the grill, but we all have to run those loud Savage rib pipes or Trinity Revo pipes LOL.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:46 PM
ThermalRD

lol. Man, im not sure whats louder. The savage ribbed, or the trinity revo pipe... Both are pretty bad.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Bria1

Ya, perfect for annoying your neighbors. Oh, and we need to drag race them in front of their house. Who ever gets the majority of wins out of 20 back to back runs moves on to the next round for 20 more runs and so on. That outta do it LOL.

I guess I'm lucky. My neighbors don't complain about me running my RCs. I did have one guy say "Man that thing is loud". My response was, "Ya, it's pretty cool isn't it". I haven't heard anything about it from him since LOL.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:35 AM
binaryterror

I live in the ghetto no one cares, Though the only time I run them is for break in which isn't as loud and annoying as a Big old engine basher like Matt loves. My RC8 is quieter than Matt's new MGT8 and the new Savage by quite a bit I'd imagine.

Now to go buy a mothers day card (who actually buys these before today? LOL) and head out to the brunch.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:51 PM
muleracing

Bria1, I believe the correct responce to someone saying "that is really loud," is "thanks!"

Is anyone going to race FTRS this next weekend? Is it going tobe inside? I haven't been to the track in a while and I got a new toy, what is everybody running for 1/8 scale tires?

"The red dragons not exactly street legal so lets keep it on the down low."
Old 05-11-2008, 08:12 PM
ThermalRD

Mule, the FTMS race this Saturday should be pretty big. The indoor tire of choice for 8th scale, is a pink taper, or a panther switch. The pink taper is better, but the switch lasts longer. I run the panther switch, in clay compound. I'll be there running the buggy, and MT.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: muleracing

Bria1, I believe the correct responce to someone saying "that is really loud," is "thanks!"

Is anyone going to race FTRS this next weekend? Is it going tobe inside? I haven't been to the track in a while and I got a new toy, what is everybody running for 1/8 scale tires?
LOL, I guess I could've been a little more polite, but if you knew this guy you would understand. I had another neighbor that had some heart surgery and he wasn't able to get out in the winter to clear his driveway, so I kept his driveway clear for that winter. This other guy (mentioned previously) had the nerve to come over my house and complain that I wasn't clearing out his driveway too. And he had nothing stopping him from doing it himself.

No racing for me Saturday, I'm having my son's birthday party.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:59 PM
ThermalRD

Have any of you guys been to M-40 raceway? Just wondering if this is the current drivers stand they are on. Looks like it'll hold about 7 comfortably... Just trying to plan what races im going to this summer.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Blow n Money

Looks like that drivers stand will be all the MT racers need
Old 05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Bria1

Wow, that driver stand is rather small. And the pit line...1 at a time please.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:55 PM
ThermalRD

Ya Brian, im hoping thats just an older pic. I dont see Al Horne taking the series there with a stand like that. Getting time on the stand to Practice was hard enough on a good size stand last year. I cant see that place working real well, if thats the current stand. The track looks good though. Looks like a fast track, with some loose dirt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.