Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Ken448

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

Depends on how Saturday goes. I'm going to be chasing sparks around my ranger to see why the climate control fan isn't working. If it's a quick find, and cheap, then I'll be racing Sunday. If not, well..it becomes iffy then.
Look for the Diode that the switch is connected to. Most times, thats the issue when you have no fan controls. As long as the fan motor is good, that is... Does it work on any fan setting at all (1, 2, 3, 4) or never?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
ThermalRD

Infernal, your Blizzard scheme body is up at DB's. You can leave money with Bill, or pay me at FTR.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:44 PM
ThermalRD

Batman, the ROCKBAND2 theme is done. The pics dont show the white fades really well though. I still cant take pics of blue. So i turned off the flash, and it shows it atleast a little anyway.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Bria1

Man, you're killing me with all these awesome slash bodies. Is that like a pearl white or blue?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:52 PM
binaryterror

Man that one is killer too!

I can't wait these Slashes will be the best looking class thats for sure!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks Brian, i have a TON of time in that body. The actual paint didnt take long. Making the logos in cutstudio, and cleaning them all up for cutting, that took some serious time. The good thing is, i got ALOT better acquainted with the software. That blue is actually sky blue. Probably a HAIR lighter than the pic Batz posted. After using the basic blue, i opted to NOT mess with it for this body. Simple reason. It sprays HORRIBLE, and does not cover well enough to let me get the "lighting fades" the way this body needed to be done. Same with the flourescent, i steered clear of that on this one, except for the border on the numbers. Thats Flo. blue. The good thing is, if Bats likes it, i can reproduce it again much quicker.

Jake, the slash class is DEFINITELY gonna look SICK out there this weekend. I found the Traxxas body protector foams at Nankin, so my Rockstar body is all set. I did NOT want to run without those. Cant wait to get on the new layout!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Bria1

I may have to try to sneak out there Sunday afternoon to check out the slash action. I've yet to see any slash races in person, but the vids I've seen look cool.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Bria1

These new pro-line slash tires and wheels look nice. I like the bead locks too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53136.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1045105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65355.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1045106  
Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 PM
ThermalRD

Ya Brian, come on out. The slash racing is alot of fun. Fun to watch too. They just look soo cool when they take corners, and jumps. Those wheels are sick! I want some black wheels for my Rockstar scheme.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 PM
GT Batman

Looks good twinks. If I give you a little extra would you shoe goo chunks of lexan to the body where the tires will rub? i would make the pieces as big as possible so the tire treads don't catch any part of the lexan. I will not be able to make it to DBs or FTR before Sunday so i was hoping you could prep it for me Thanks
Old 10-03-2008, 08:06 AM
ThermalRD

If i get time i can. Prolly tomorrow sometime i'll prep it for ya. I need to get these Amp energy themes done, and some bodies for PW.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:23 AM
binaryterror

Matt you must act as Alfred for Batman, he has no time! Guys I'm using Associated Chassis protector on mine to prevent the dreaded tire rub. Though that body is a Pro-Line I'm not sure how it is different, hopefully pro-line moved those areas a bit to try to help?

Go to the bat cave and shoe goo on some protectors to his Slasher Body. I bet Batman has Shoe-Goo in his utility belt!
Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 PM
ThermalRD

Jake, thats a good question. I'll trim bats body tonight so i can get a better comparison of those areas, to see if they still rub or not. Gotta paint some other bodies first. Been busy this week, trying to fit everything into the schedule.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Bria1

Don't forget the driver. [8D]

Name:	Lj21613.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1045379  
Old 10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
GT Batman

LOL, been trying to talk al's kid out of that McD's toy to put in the slash. Anyone have one for me?
Old 10-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Bria1

My kids have 1, but I haven't been able to pry it away from them yet. I think they have a Joker too. I'll keep my eye open for one for ya.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:38 PM
ThermalRD

LOL. Thats great. I'll take my daughter out for McD's this weekend, see if we can get a batman toy.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:05 PM
ThermalRD

Al, heres a truck you might like. A bunch of yellow. lol. Not sure if we've shown ya this one yet.

Name:	Vs55889.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1045536  
Old 10-03-2008, 08:06 PM
ThermalRD

And ya know, its entirely possible for me to mix up some logos, and make you a scheme that looks all CORR, with a bunch of yellow.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:01 AM
ThermalRD

Bats, your body is pretty much set. Its got the extra lexan shoe gooober'd to the body in the rub areas. Based off the original body. Just measuring, the wheel wells are alot higher on these proline bodies. But thats based off a Table measurement. When the body is actually mounted, that may be different. Most these companies try to slam the bodies real low. But i dont think there are going to be any rubbing issues with the tires, and these proline bodies. Regardless, yours is all set with lexan and shoe goo. The "other" body i did for PW, just has the shoe goo. We'll find out whats necessary at the track i guess, when they are mounted. Oh, and you have a BATMAN name sticker in the BATMAN FOREVER font. Already applied.

Oh, you also oh me ONE MILLION dollars now for race prep. I can do the body mount holes too if ya want... For an extra 500K.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Bria1

What a deal LOL
Old 10-04-2008, 10:42 AM
infernalstone

Welp, whatever is causing my blower unit for my heater/ac in the truck is beyond my ability to find. So it's gonna have to go to the shop. So no racing for me tomorrow.

Matt, sometime this week, we can try to meet up and I'll pay ya for the body. Shouldn't be too hard since you live less than 3 miles from the house. I think we can find a common ground somewhere.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 PM
ThermalRD

Ya Brian, i try to stay competitive. I was gonna go up on pricing, but i figure a million is fair. lol

Infernal, ya we can meet up somewhere. The body is sittin up at DB's, but i can get it from there on my next trip there. I might head up there today. Thats too bad you arent racing tomorrow. Sounds like were gonna have a bunch of slash action there.

Here are the lexan protectors i carved up to save the body from tire rub. This just gives ya the idea of what i did in there. But i dont think they'll be necessary on the Proline bodies.

Heres Bats all carved up, with protectors and name stickers.

Bats, i can drill out your body post holes too, but if you've rolled your truck alot, then you might end up bending some body posts. The Hooters theme lines up on my truck perfectly though, drilled in Proline marked spots.

HOOTERS theme!

Some crawly bodies i did for Bobby coleman. That orange on there, is soooooo sick. I've used it before, but never with this same backer. Its really nice.

Other than that, i have a new setup on my Revo. We'll see how that works tomorrow. I could not get my rear suspension feeling right at all. But the front i could. Couldnt figure that out. Swapped my rear arms to some short wheelbase RPM arms, and it feels right again. Without changing the shock oil/spring. So i knew that wierd offset of those arms was hurting me, or those arms were binding up somehow. Which almost has to be the arms. Because my 3.3 that i sold, was perfect. With the long wheelbase arm kit. Anyway, lookin forward to racing tomorrow, and testing some stuff.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Bria1

Cool stuff.
So what time have you guys been getting done racing on Sundays lately?
Old 10-04-2008, 10:51 PM
ThermalRD

They were prety relaxed at the last race. I think it was around 4:30 when i got out of there last time. Not really sure though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.