Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Hello, Experience is appricated please..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Hello, Experience is appricated please..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hello, Experience is appricated please..

I love these servos, the best I've owned for the price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-Servo-MG995-M...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-12-2007, 10:35 PM
D4ng3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, so... If I dont get the dx2.0, what do I need to know?

what size/type (aka a certain number?) servos will I need if I have to buy them seperately from the 3 channel transmitter? LOL I am getting confused a bit.

1. 3 ch. transmitter- would it come with 2 servos?
2. I Dont think i will be adding a reverse after what nitro head said (thanks for the tip btw), but I may get a 3 channel cheaper transmitter (so maybe I can upgrade later).
3. lol, HELP, hahah, what size servos should i aim for with the 3 channel transmitter?

If i can get a less expensive (aka less features and stuff) 3 channel transmitter with 1 high torque servo and 1 regular servo for less than 160 bucks, then i will go that route.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:39 PM
D4ng3r

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

I love these servos, the best I've owned for the price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-Servo-MG995-M...QQcmdZViewItem

and which are those for- throttle/brake, or steering? and only 21 bucks for... two? thats a LOT cheaper than all the servos from my lhs, unless they are lying to me :P
Old 11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
D4ng3r

i guess basically, all this running around to get better this or that is making my head spin... the transmitter set i am getting will work, i take it, so.. >.> to keep things simple i will stick with that, unless the LHS has a cheaper set that still has good enough servos, or a 3 channel that has 2 servos that are good enough for $160 or less.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: D4ng3r

Alright, so... If I dont get the dx2.0, what do I need to know?

what size/type (aka a certain number?) servos will I need if I have to buy them seperately from the 3 channel transmitter? LOL I am getting confused a bit.

1. 3 ch. transmitter- would it come with 2 servos?
2. I Dont think i will be adding a reverse after what nitro head said (thanks for the tip btw), but I may get a 3 channel cheaper transmitter (so maybe I can upgrade later).
3. lol, HELP, hahah, what size servos should i aim for with the 3 channel transmitter?

If i can get a less expensive (aka less features and stuff) 3 channel transmitter with 1 high torque servo and 1 regular servo for less than 160 bucks, then i will go that route.
you could get a cheap 3 channel transmitter. It wont hurt to have the extra channel. For steering if i were you i would go with somthing with 200 oz of torque but if you cant find one, 150 will just do. For throttle you would want a faster servo and not torquier.
and if you go with reverse, a crappy servo will just do sense you just need to shift it to reverse.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two of the servos I linked, they are from China, they are high torque servos, but I use them for throttle and steering. They turn my wheels on the ground and have over 200oz of torque which is more than enough..... Like I said, definitely the best value for the money... They are by no means slow, I just love them to death Good luck[8D]