is the warhead evo any good? i'm thinking of getting one. i just bash no racing
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 AM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: warhead evo?

ORIGINAL: d3d5

is the warhead evo any good? i'm thinking of getting one. i just bash no racing
I'd say go for it... I'm thinking of picking one up myself... I've read several post on here from people that like them and people that hate them. I think most of the trouble was with the original Warhead and I think they solved the biggest part of the problems with the Evo. As you know opinion's are like ***** holes, everyone has one. This is just my 2cents worth.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
d3d5

ok thanks prob. will get it and water proof it beucase it will be my winter basher since it will be my only monster truck
Old 10-29-2007, 09:12 PM
rob123

I agree: The WARHEAD EVO is a good truck. Duratrax has been out for a long time and they are not going anywere no time soon!!!![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
megamaxx

the warhead evo is a solid truck,and the .27 thats in it is totally underrated
Old 10-30-2007, 08:42 AM
choops01

DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a maintenance nightmare.
ask anyone who has one how hard it is to remove the engine.
You need to disassemble the whole truck and since you stripped all the screws taking it apart you should replace them.
after they explain to you how to get the engine out ask them how to remove the transmision for maintenace or to replace the spur gear.
will not even get into the worn out drive pins or the cracking motor mount.

DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!

Former warhead owner.
Steve
Old 10-30-2007, 01:17 PM
corcam

I own a warhead and I love the truck. If this is your first Nitro, I would recommend something different. There is a lot of maint to do on this truck. I wish this truck came as a kit, rather than a ready to run. I've had a lot of repairs and issue with mine, but then again, most of which were from me bashing the living heck out of it. I don't know if Duratrax still offers the warranty, but almost everything I've broken, they've replaced for free. All in all, if you've had nitro experience and like fixing things yourself...Pick one up. If not, ask your LHS what they've had the best experience with.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:38 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: choops01

DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a maintenance nightmare.
ask anyone who has one how hard it is to remove the engine.
You need to disassemble the whole truck and since you stripped all the screws taking it apart you should replace them.
after they explain to you how to get the engine out ask them how to remove the transmision for maintenace or to replace the spur gear.
will not even get into the worn out drive pins or the cracking motor mount.

DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!

Former warhead owner.
Steve
Actually i just got done taking out the engine in my dad's warhead to put the Roto start on it and put it back in took me about 5 min. all you do is take the header off the back unscrew the primer tank and take the 4 bolts out and there it is simple,and to replace the spur gear unscrew the 1 screw on the carb take it out and the spur will slide right off.and stripping all the screw's?use the right size screwdriver and you wont have a problem.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:55 PM
corcam

I leave the header pipe on. I hate dealing with the spring. I remove the gas tank (i eliminated the primer tank), unscrew the motor mount from frame. And you can take out the motor with the header pipe still on. -EXTRA- is correct. About a 5 minute job. If you want to disassemble the whole truck, you can do that too!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:14 PM
oldnumber7

Same here,about 5 min to remove engine,had some minor clutch problems but over all not a bad truck at all.Evo only has one tank and yes remove tank so you don't have to mess with header spring.I have a few trucks and it is the same with all trucks, 1st time apart scratch head twice,second time apart no scratching
Old 10-31-2007, 10:14 PM
-EXTRA-

Ahh ok thank's guy's i also dont like dealing with that spring i just never tried with the header still on so i didnt even bother good to know i can leave it on[8D] but yea i got her half way tuned today just a few more tweaks and she should be ready for action.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:33 PM
mgoodell1976

hi guys. I just purchased the warhead evo 2 days ago.its on the way to me now. I hear mixed reviews about it but like one guy said ..how often do you hear someone make posts about positive stuff? they only post for the most part when pissed or needing hlep with repairs.. so of course it seems negative. anyhow.. i have seen a quite a bit of posting about run temps.. my tsunami ran at 225-250 with a .18 engine(this was my first nitro). and i have been told that an engine head should never read over 260-270 very max or your cookin motor. but i am hearing people (including hobby shop people) say 300 is good running temp for the evo?? I would like several more opinions on this matter..no newbie answer please..experienced evo owner answers only. and also, should it be a different temp during breakin? one more question. its my understanding that you keep your idle screw hole at about a 3 millimeter opening.so, why would it matter how much air an air filter can collect if only so much can go threw the carb anyway?asking this cause I was thinkin of getting a k&n air filter which says it increases air flow by 50-200 percent. what good is that if flow is restriced inside carb?doesn't too much air kill engine?? thanks for responses in advance guys..much appreciated.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:47 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

I think this is a great truck you just have to get to know it, taking it apart is a pain the first time but once you figure out what order to takes things off its a breeze. Even with the problems i've had I still love it because something goes wrong you just call duratrax and they replace it for free if its not your fault. I've only had a few problems with the truck but im sure its do to me not going over it before using. The first problem was the topshaft gear had the pin break on it into three pieces. The last problem was the CV joints dogbones were wearing fast, and it blew a pin in the lower joint, but after a talk with a technician at duratrax they told me that it was because my truck was set up in rumble mode. They said that the angle that the CV joints were at that there was too much added stress on the trucks CV joint components and that they will always abnormally wear unless you keep the truck at factory settings. This is a fast truck although it wont do wheelies, it is made for racing, it has excellent handling and after some hop ups this truck is really insanly fast. I have Aluminum transmission cases front and back, aluminum bulkheads front and back, aluminum clutch shoes, aluminum steering bellcrank, aluminum draglink, ultralight clutch bell, and reverse eliminator, and i removed the shifting servo. I also noticed that the aluminum steering bellcrank and draglink produce a much better handling truck. JM2C and i hope that i helped save anyone from any unneeded aggrivation.

Josh
Old 11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
d3d5

i can't decide between the warhead evo, tower terror .25, and aftershock.

i will do only bashing and i will get it for the holidays so i will be running in snow. the aftershock is the most expenive truck i can get if you have any other options that would be great thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 03:01 PM
motodude11

mgoodell1976 the K&N increases the amount of air/fuel mixture and creates a bigger explosion in the camber when you have the car floored doesnt really do anything to the idle, but anyways more air=more fuel=more power, just like in a real car. As for the engine temp i've been running mine around 240-260, just make sure you cut a hole in the windshield for airflow over the engine or it will overheat to the 300's.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Snaut Rocket

last time i checked the after shock is only 319.
and the war head was like 349. If your just starting out dont get the warhead. It takes alot of maitnence and hard to work on from what i heard.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:07 PM
motodude11

d3d5 i woudnt even concider the the tower terror its a one hit wonder all it can do is wheelies thats about it and its also alot smaller than the other two trucks its 1/10 scale truck with a big block in it, and its only a one speed lol so as you can amagine its a slower truck. My dad has an after shock and i have to say it looks impressive, but i still like my warhead better JM2C

Josh
Old 11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
d3d5

its not my first nitro i've had 2 nitro's and 1 electric. I was reading and people seem to break a lot on the warhead so i think i will read more about the aftershock.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Snaut Rocket

Also look into the mgt
Old 11-11-2007, 03:16 PM
d3d5

i like the aftershock more and as i said in the other thread i also like the redcat avalanche (DON'T BASH REDCAT)
Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Snaut Rocket

Red cat!! JK i heard red cat is actually making some decent cars now.
And the fact that there using sh engines.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:20 PM
d3d5

my redcat tornado bb has taken so much abuse and the only damage i had so far was 2 benst dog bones. i've hit tree's at wot. and hit jumps at wot and landed upside down and guess wat no damage from the jump
Old 11-11-2007, 03:21 PM
motodude11

there one thing i heard you have to do with the after shock is buy a nicad for the radio
Old 11-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Snaut Rocket

why would you need one for the radio. Maybe the tx.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
motodude11

They say because its a computer radio it needs nicads or an equivalent, theres weird problems if you use alkalines dont rememeber exactly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.