Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Steering Servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 12:32 PM
RDAWG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Servo

Just changed out my steering servo last night on my t-maxx,have tryed everything to stop it from humming.Turn it to right comes back to centers stops humming, turn it left comes almost all the way back to center but doesn't stop humming.I'm under the impression that it should not make any noise back at center position,have put my servo saver every position possible to stop it from humming,or is it normal to hum a little.PLEASE HELP ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND....
Old 04-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Unstable

Default Steering Servo

sounds like something is binding in the linkage.

take the servo arm off and move the steering manually... if you feel resistance near the center comming from the left then you need to eliminate it.
do this and it should be fine.

also a tiny bit of servo hum isnt all bad.. it just means that the servo is working on centering and its almost got it but not quite. (usually due to stiff linkages)

if left for extended periods of time in that position though it will drain you RX pack.

it shouldnt matter much on a MT though.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Default Steering Servo

Could be the radio.Are you still useing the stock radio?
Mine always chattered,when I changed radios that stopped.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:45 PM
RDAWG

Default Steering Servo

Yes I'm still useing my stock radio.I noticed if i put my radio near the servo it stopped humming...
Old 04-15-2003, 05:56 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Default Steering Servo

LOL its not the servo or the darn radio, its the cheesy servo saver, you need to put a proline servo saver or even a ue servo saver on it, then you will have no more problems with the centering. ITs just that the whole maxx steering system is a bit sloppy and the servo savers that are made for it just suck. You dont have these kinda problems with 1/8 steering, and the proline and Ue kit replaces the whole stock steering system.

Ue system

Proline system