Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Just Got an SC8!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
binaryterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just Got an SC8!!!

They jump fine stock at our track driven by an average driver, nothing has been done to his. Our track has some bigger air.

Remember you need to be on the throttle/brake in air to correct its jumping.

As for jumping, try more preload in the front shocks.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:54 PM
07fastback
My Feedback: (145)

im hoping its just break in caus e the jumps are small i need to get it broke in first then go race and seeafter the remote glow issue and other small bs i really like the way it handles in about a year when i can aford some tire lol i'l get some and try that keep me informed and i'll do the same thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 08:41 PM
MadManAndrew

So how's this thing handle compared to ur Slash?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Clymer122693

Dude!! 07fastback your from casper?!?! I'm from gillette! I would love to see your sc8 running! They look pretty sweet. Hit me up some time and maybe we can get together and bash or something. I'm gonna be down in casper in the first weekend of december to go to the rc crawling event thing at the mall.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Alpha Male
My Feedback: (11)

So how's this thing handle compared to ur Slash?
Totally different. RWD vs. 4WD, the Slash is much lighter than the SC8 and the accelleration rate between brushless electric and a clutch make the two drive very differently. I enjoy driving them both, but the SC8 is more fun.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:40 AM
07fastback

hey climber i'll probly be @ the mall that day my name is george weather permitting i'll run it and also no comparison slash to sc8 4 wheel to rear wheel also climber fleming supply has a small shop w/ parts kits and fuel on hand he's just getting started its on a and beech by the downtown postoffice kinda pass it around and tell them i sent ya
Old 11-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Clymer122693

ORIGINAL: 07fastback

hey climber i'll probly be @ the mall that day my name is george weather permitting i'll run it and also no comparison slash to sc8 4 wheel to rear wheel also climber fleming supply has a small shop w/ parts kits and fuel on hand he's just getting started its on a and beech by the downtown postoffice kinda pass it around and tell them i sent ya

Ahh ok, I gotta go down to casper next week so I will stop by and check it out. I need to pick up some fuel and a couple glow plugs ect. I was hoping the weather would hold out aswell, a freind of mine is coming down with me and he is just getting into the hobby...Figured someone might be running besides me so he could get a chance to see something else besides my revo or savage running.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:35 PM
07fastback

call me we usually run on weekends 3072587522 george lmk when your coming and we'll see what we can get together bad news is it sounds like the mall thing might not happen stay in touch w/windycityrc.com and they will post it but call if your in and we'll see about running
Old 11-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Clymer122693

Aight will do man. If the mall thing doesn't go through and the weather is holding out I will hit ya up and see about doing some bashing.

Alpha male-I appologize for the thread hijack
Old 11-21-2008, 08:21 PM
07fastback

ditto alpha male i tried tojust put some info on about sc8 sorry it got carried away
Old 11-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Alpha Male

I made a video of the SC8 on our backyard track today, but it gets a bit monotonous after a while and the sound is a bit distorted. There is a Slash and Slayer in the video, but they both look a little jacked up to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF04sqLPhb8
Old 11-22-2008, 09:47 PM
07fastback

i ran the forth tank out in mine today and the carb was loose i tried to tighten it but i wouldnt tighten found an o ring from an associated 21 put it and the carb screw on it worked for about half a tank and came loos again now i have to call associated and get warranty work already before it costs me an engine
Old 11-22-2008, 09:49 PM
07fastback

cool vid hope i get to run mine for 5 minutes some day lol
Old 11-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Forum_32

I just bought one and am waiting for it to get here.. Just one question how much did everyone pick theres up for?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Alpha Male

$699.00 in my local hobby shop. []
Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 AM
07fastback

my guy cut me alittle deal i paid 665 and change
Old 11-23-2008, 10:00 AM
07fastback

alpha male hows everything else on your truck doin i mean it seem like i go from one thing to another wrong with it i'm gettin kinda frustrated w/it and i'm an associated fan through and through i'm sure they will make it right but for 700 i'm kinda disapointed
Old 11-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Alpha Male

alpha male hows everything else on your truck doin i mean it seem like i go from one thing to another wrong with it i'm gettin kinda frustrated w/it and i'm an associated fan through and through i'm sure they will make it right but for 700 i'm kinda disapointed
My friends made a little fun of me because I had so much trouble with the truck in the beginning. It seemed like one thing after another went wrong, but nothing against the truck itself really, just bad luck. Now that I've gotten the motor broken in, well tuned and started using an Ofna starter box, they just want to drive it. As a matter of fact, I shot the video because the greedy pigs were taking turns with my new toy and discussing what they were going to do to get one for themselves. It easily out drives any other truck that I've owned. Then again, I don't jump for big air. I just like to rip around in the dirt and watch the scale look of the truck when it is in the air and landing from smaller jumps.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Forum_32

So i got a good deal then after tax I paid 619.. I found that at Losi & Associated Parts house or Losipartshouse.com
Old 11-29-2008, 07:14 PM
ea77

I ECHO THE SAME FEELINGS. AE design sucks badly for this starter location. It's garbage. It is very tight and you have to angle the starter shaft already a bad idea. I thought it was going to be easy with this pro-start system but it's the worst ever.

I rounded the shaft once, bought a AE monster GT replacement which was shorter than the stock SC8 replacement. .

Attempted again, now I had busted the one-way bearing in the back of the motor I believe. It spins the bearing but the flywheel on the front side of the motor is not moving any longer.

If one is going to attempt to use the starter. Remove the rear bumper so your drill/hand starter can be inline with the starter hole and remove the rear sway bar.

Hope I didn't screw up the motor, having problems starting it any suggestions on the needle settings. Stock settings in the manual are not working. I have a feeling they are wrong too! I saw a typo 6 and a half turns out on the low then in writing it says 4.5 turns which is it? Same with the high needle.

ORIGINAL: Alpha Male

Well gents, as much as I love this truck, I am pretty frustrated with the starter location. [:@] Since the new motor is so far forward on the chassis and so tight, I would suggest that anyone buying this truck might want to try to break it in using a starter box. I had so much trouble getting it to start and stay running during the first six tanks of break-in that I grinded (ground?) a CVA in two. That's right, the starter shaft rubs on the left rear dogbone and slowly eats it away. It may seem like a careless mistake on my part and to a point I guess it was, but the shaft entering at the rear bumper of the truck doesn't have much room. I think that the rear sway bar could be removed during break-in in order to give yourself more room when repeatedly turning over the motor. At first, I noticed that it (starter shaft) was rubbing the rear shock tower, so I was trying to avoid that when I noticed that it was now rubbing the CVA instead. By the time that I realized what was happening the damage was done and the torque from the engine twisted it the rest of the way and snapped it. []

New parts are on the way, but I won't get to finish the other four tanks of break-in until I can get the parts installed. You might think...ten tanks for break-in?!!, but I really think that this motor needs it in order to make sure that it is ready. I expect that I will use a half a gallon all together to get the motor run-in the right way. It should be a power house after that.

These pictures are going to be low quality, but you might be able to see what I'm referring to.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:41 PM
07fastback

low needle needs to be 6 and half @ full throttle high should be 3 to start and adjust from there if you had probs w/backplate call associated and send it to them they will replace it gets better im @ about 6 tanks took alittle preload out of rear and it jumps great handles great runs great be patient it'll come to you but get your stuff fixed now so it doesnt cost ya a motor send the shaft back too make them replace it i havent had the trouble w/shaft yet... i drilled the top on my truck and used heat and pliers to tweak the roll bar then took the finger hold and spring off my glow stick so i can just push it down on and it works way better be patient man when it comes around it comes around well and you'll like itask alpha male also i think he's really likin his now too good luck and dont give up just work the few bugs out and enjoy
Old 11-29-2008, 09:10 PM
rcak

Hey guys-Nice Trucks!!! I love the scale look of the SC8, shoot even when they crash and flip they look real! awesome! Sadly i cant afford one, even if i ebay what i got id come up short. I was thinking about buying the body and tires and making my Losi Muggy into a CORR truck, looking at the numbers and comparing the two the big catch seems to be width. so it uses buggy arms w/ trug chassis? I would need to find compatable narrow arms to tuck the tires inside the body. ( if I had an 8ight i could go from trug arms to bug arms and be there Would you be willing to measure the SC8 width and length at the hubs? thanks
Old 11-29-2008, 10:13 PM
ea77

If I can get this bloody thing started and broken in I can get some feedback on the chassis. Unfortunately the rotor start design AE used is not good.

HPI uses a dogbone starter shaft not a hex that gets rounded off. The dogbone pivots much better and the two pins grip better. Same principal like a RC drive shaft in a drive cup.

Will I do any damage if I don't remove the motor at this point? Rear backplate area spins but does not engage the flywheel.

I was thinking of getting a starter box like an Ofna Truggy starter box and do away with this AE pro start system.

ORIGINAL: 07fastback

low needle needs to be 6 and half @ full throttle high should be 3 to start and adjust from there if you had probs w/backplate call associated and send it to them they will replace it gets better im @ about 6 tanks took alittle preload out of rear and it jumps great handles great runs great be patient it'll come to you but get your stuff fixed now so it doesnt cost ya a motor send the shaft back too make them replace it i havent had the trouble w/shaft yet... i drilled the top on my truck and used heat and pliers to tweak the roll bar then took the finger hold and spring off my glow stick so i can just push it down on and it works way better be patient man when it comes around it comes around well and you'll like itask alpha male also i think he's really likin his now too good luck and dont give up just work the few bugs out and enjoy
Old 11-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Clymer122693

ea77-Your best to take the engine out and inspect it just to make sure there is no damage. I would put my money on the OWB being bad. Bumpstart is about the best upgrade you can do to any rc if it will accept it.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:46 AM
07fastback

bump start by all means if mine goes out i'll do the same but get your parts replaced if you guys dont let assoc. know the problems they'll never lower the price and besides 90 day unconditional on all so get new back plates shafts and sways or whatever they shouldnt cost you anything but a phone call and a wait ea77 if i get mine apart soon i'll send some measurements keep watchin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.