Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Help starting TTR Ducati

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Lessen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help starting TTR Ducati

Hey fellas, new member here. I got a Thunder Tiger nitro bike a couple months ago and finally got around to attempting to turn it over for the first time yesterday. However, I've had not much luck. I didn't mess with needle settings at all out of the box and attempted to start it. It took a couple tries but it finally got going. However, it stalled out when I removed the glow plug ignitor. I tried again and it did the same thing. I attempted to make minor adjustments to the LSN but never got it going again. I thought I may have gotten it out of whack so I looked up the factory needle settings so I could start again from scratch. The manual says 6.5 turns out on the LSN. That doesn't seem right to me. At that setting the screw sticks out of the housing by a good 2.5mm. I've never seen an LSN setting like that and I'm nearly 100% positive it didn't look like that out of the box. I never got it started again after that and I don't know where to start. IMO the 6.5 setting is waaay to rich and it just floods the engine, so much so that I stripped the hex driver a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:04 AM
bikeracer

Default RE: Help starting TTR Ducati

I believe there was a misprint in the instructions,try it about 2.5-3 turns out at a guess.

You'll have better luck with an OS#3 plug as well.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Lessen

Default RE: Help starting TTR Ducati

That sounds much more reasonable. I'll try that this weekend. Thanks bud!