RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

OS .15 cutting shaft

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .15 cutting shaft

I just got an os .15 cv x For my RC10gt2 And had to order the shaft nut to put on it for the pilot hole to hold on the clutch bell. It seems I need to cut the shaft on the motor for my clutch bell to line up correctly. Has anyone gone thru this and have any advice on how to go about the best way doing it? and how much do I need to take off is another thing that would be helpful
Old 05-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: OS .15 cutting shaft

This is from the gt1 manual.  The how to procedure would be the same for your motor. The cut off nut it talks about is 1/4" thick.  I don't know if the gt2 has the same spacing on the clutch stuff.  I think it would be the same but I'm guessing.   All the gt2 manual shows is a pilot shaft motor.  Anyway, here's the mechanics of cutting your crank.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:59 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS .15 cutting shaft

Thank you for the response...That is exactly what I did. I just left the prop nut on there and cut flush with that.. WORKED GREAT......I'm gonn a print and save this sheet tho for future reference..

Joe