RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Oh jeez...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:42 PM
ICrashThings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh jeez...

Hey, whats up?

Havent been on here in awhile, thought id pop in and say hey. Im down to 2 nitro Trucks now. My RC10GT and MGT. Id just like to know one thing that has been bothering me lately. I cant seem to get my rc10gt's engine to run. Its not that old, and everything seems to be set up fine. I cleaned it out and everything but it just doesnt seem to want to start for me. My linkage is set up, I am using a CR brake and the throttle is set perfectly. Any ideas? I run a O.S. .15 CV-X with pullstart.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

Default RE: Oh jeez...

check for any leaks in the fuel line and tank, this happend to me on my rusty and i coudlnt figure it out. Also check the plug. I found this help full when it doesnt want to start. Open it to full throttle and prime it, then give it 1/2 throttle and try to start it, if it doesnt start give it full and when it starts pusle the gas.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Kemo

Start from the basics. Check to see if your carb opening is suffice for idle speeds. Gotta use new plugs of course, use FRESH fuel... then go from there.

They need 3 things to start. Air/fuel mixture, compression, and HEAT to get the ignition of the air/fuel mixture.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:25 PM
ICrashThings

i did all that and nothing still works...arrrrrrgh! On further investigation it has seem like my piston has broke from me trying to use it just now. I guess 6 gallons is the limit on the engine...[:-]
Old 05-02-2006, 08:40 PM
ssj2

If your engine is cashed then I would just muster up the money for a new one. If you checked everything the guys before me posted, then the engine is probably on its last round or is on its last round. I say, go out and get a new OS engine.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:41 PM
ICrashThings

I probably am, I would like to start off my up coming summer vacation with a new engine to use. [&:]
Old 05-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Snipin_Willy

well hey, the cv rebuilds are suppose to be ABC now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that change all the original CV engines from ABN to ABC?
Old 05-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Kemo

I don't think so, but you CAN get a ABC rebuild from Duratrax for the .15 cv.