Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:50 PM
windowlicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

I never ran a return spring on my firestorm. But I have one on my Hellfire. You can get them on ebay for about £4. I'd just check places you usually get your parts from, not sure I have seen them on A-Main or other sites like that, but look around, they're dead cheap
Old 08-01-2008, 06:35 PM
nitro rc

ok guys so today after 1 month of waithing for the repair, i helped my brother break in his new firestorm. It is awesome. Then we ran it on the backyard track and it seems pretty tough. in total we ran about 10 tanks of fuel today. IDK if it is normal, but after like 7 tanks, the pull start wouldn't always spring back. It would stay out but then return after i pulled it a little farther. I hope that is what happens to pull starts normally. Tmrw hopefully i will take out my tmaxx and run it with his firestorm. We are so pumped to finally have 2 nitros running at the same time. the g3.0 engine is running great. It has been starting with 1-2 pulls after priming. Give me pointers about the pull start. Also, what do you do maintenance wise. my tmaxx manual says WD 40 and then after run oil. today, we just put after run oil in the firestorm and used a compressor to get rid of dirt. Wondering what you do with your storms.

Thanks,

P.S. - i'm am now confident that we made a great choice for a second nitro!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:12 PM
garzzar

well i finally got mine broke in but 3 tanks is all i had time for because i went cliffdiving instead and lost track of time but tomorrow ill tune her up and she what shes made of, man im not gonna be able to sleep its like x-mas came early lol, if it wasnt dark you bet i would be out there right now
Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 PM
hunting4fun

I am putting a new engine in my firestorm and would like to be race legal. Any suggestions?
Would like to spend less than $200
Old 08-02-2008, 12:19 PM
garzzar

well i got to run it this morning starting it up was a lil finiky but otherwise alright, i think my idle speed is set a lil high because when i apply the break the engine stalls and i have to start it again. i think i have it tuned pretty well except i dont have a temp gun so i dont know what it is running at so i only ran it for a lil while just incase the temp is high.
I started out running a little easy but then i went straight for the dirt jumps i have set up outside my dorm and man did i give it hell lol but so far its a tough truck esspecially how hard i was driving it only thing that happened was the rurn buckle slipped loose when i landed a little funny but it was a 2 min. fix and i was running again.

any tuning tips would be hepful, but i do have to say i am extremely satisfied with my purchase,
i also thought it was funny when a bunch of people crowded arround to see what the loud noise was outside some thought it was a dirt bike till they got closer and started asking me a bunch of questions and saying man i have to get one of those.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:41 PM
nitro-rob

Two questions:

I am looking for an alternative body. Does anybody know and any that are available or are compatible with some modification?

I know the next question is a bit subjective, but I am running regular 20% fuel and keeping the temperature below 120 and am religious with the maintenance schedule and am far from beating on this truck when driving it...how many hours of running can I get out of the engine? What kind of hours do you guys have on yours or have had before rebuilding?

Just curious.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:52 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Two questions:

I am looking for an alternative body. Does anybody know and any that are available or are compatible with some modification?

I know the next question is a bit subjective, but I am running regular 20% fuel and keeping the temperature below 120 and am religious with the maintenance schedule and am far from beating on this truck when driving it...how many hours of running can I get out of the engine? What kind of hours do you guys have on yours or have had before rebuilding?

Just curious.
well just so you know, under 120 degrees is not normal. That is way too rich and will actually shorten engine life. The temp should be around 200. So lean it out about 1/2 turn total (1/8 turn increments) and it will last alot longer than it would under 120. Make sure not to run too lean but find that perfect setting of sufficient lubrication and power/performance. Good luck. You will know you have it when it pops off the line and there is no delay between you hitting the throttle and it taking off.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:04 PM
nitro rc

here are some pics of the storm after break in and the first day of racing on the track. Didn't have enough gas to run the tmaxx also so my bro just ran the storm. He loves it. He cleaned all the dirt off so it is pretty clean. The tires were dirty in like 5 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33692.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1002840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12260.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1002841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35875.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1002842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp38621.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1002843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Te48668.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1002844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mc49863.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1002845  
Old 08-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Pauole

Has anyone ever broken their pullstart? My cord wont retract, brother was rippin on it too hard. Anyways does anyone know where to get a direct replacement pullstarter for the firestorm?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:46 PM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

How exactly is a pull start supposed to feel? Mine feels pretty hard when I pull it, infact I am afraid I am going to break it. Does this have anything to do with the pinch in the engine?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:59 PM
nitro rc

it should feel like you are turning over an engine LOL!!! There should be some resistance.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:13 PM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: tomcatguy74

How exactly is a pull start supposed to feel? Mine feels pretty hard when I pull it, infact I am afraid I am going to break it. Does this have anything to do with the pinch in the engine?
That means you have a great engine!!

I know the next question is a bit subjective, but I am running regular 20% fuel and keeping the temperature below 120
Is the on the farenheit scale or the celcius scale???
Old 08-02-2008, 09:16 PM
tomcatguy74

Sweet!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:55 PM
nitro-rob

I meant below 120C which is 248F but mostly between 100C (212F) and 110C (230F) as recommended.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:37 AM
tuxedodave

Has anyone upgraded the whole radio setup? I think this AM radio is really not so great in my area due to some interference. Is it recommended that you put oil in the diffs or can i just run it stock the way it is?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:34 AM
garzzar

ok heres the my engine shuts off when i hit the brakes, what should i do?
also i think my idle is to high how do i fix it, i couldnt really figure it out on my own.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:26 PM
NitroNate

Turn the idle screw clockwise a full turn and see what happens.If it still shuts off,turn it again.To fix the high idle,richen the LSN a bit and mess with the throttle trim nob.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:30 PM
tuxedodave

NOOB: engine shuts off right after taking glow plug out. checked plugged.....seems fine.......started engine again and same thing keeps happening....wont stay running without glow plug. Bad plug? what plug is recommended for this 80-90 degree weather? thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:43 PM
garzzar

ok i adjusted it but it doesnt seem to do anything at all worked on tuning and i think i got it where it should be gonna wait till i get a temp gauge to really run it to make sure(have been only running one tank but have to restart it a lot because i keep hitting the brake)

tux: by glowplug do you mean glowplug ignitor

p.s. can some1 post a pic of the carb without the airfilter of what it should look like at full throttle, nuetral and brakes applied PLEASE!!!!

p.s.s. i would like to have it runnin perfect before this weekend because im goin to visit my family in indiana and i want to show off i live in blairsville PA if any1 is close enough to help that way
Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 PM
tuxedodave

i think my ignitor had low batteries........but should that matter if my engine started up?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:36 AM
NitroNate

Yes,of course....
Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: garzzar

ok i adjusted it but it doesnt seem to do anything at all worked on tuning and i think i got it where it should be gonna wait till i get a temp gauge to really run it to make sure(have been only running one tank but have to restart it a lot because i keep hitting the brake)

tux: by glowplug do you mean glowplug ignitor

p.s. can some1 post a pic of the carb without the airfilter of what it should look like at full throttle, nuetral and brakes applied PLEASE!!!!

p.s.s. i would like to have it runnin perfect before this weekend because im goin to visit my family in indiana and i want to show off i live in blairsville PA if any1 is close enough to help that way
sry i don't have pics but i can explain. At full throttle, the entire opening should be visible. At neutral the visible opening should be about 1 mm. With full brakes, it should be the exact same as neutral. Hope i was helpful
Old 08-04-2008, 05:16 PM
garzzar

thnx nitro it would have helped about a half hour ago (not tryin to say you got to it late but as soon as i got home i went to work with out checkin the forum lol) but i totally did it by accident and after you saying that i looked at my carb and guess what thats exactly how it looks now and now it runs smoother than a baby ass
Old 08-04-2008, 05:22 PM
tomcatguy74

How does everyone have the suspension set on thier trucks? Should I jack mine all the way up, meaning set my shocks and tie rods at the highest settings?
Old 08-04-2008, 06:04 PM
tomcatguy74

For the people who have a Dynamite or similar Fail-Safe, how and where did you mount the box? It won't fit in the RX box.

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.