Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 06:32 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuning question

I am in the last stages of breaking in my new Team Losi GTX and doing a few WOT runs. When it gets to a higher speed, it bogs down. What adjustments do I need to make in my needles for bogging down at WOT?

When I turned it off, i realized the air filter fell off at one point. I don't know if this was before or after I noticed the bogging so I don't konw if that would make any difference.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:54 PM
nothinbetr2do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tuning question

i say richen the hsn a 1/8 to 1/4 turn
Old 10-21-2007, 07:01 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to mention that I was running at about 230 degrees. I'll richen it a bit next time I run it and see if that helps with the bogging.

Question about the LSN now: the motor is a .12. I figured in the gravel the rear tires would be spinning and I could turn some donuts but nope. I'm thinking I need to lean out the LSN a bit. It does spit out quite a bit of blue smoke when accelerating. Or does this motor just not have enough power to turn donuts in the gravel?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Nick2618

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tune your HSN first. After it is running good and fast start tuning the LSN by the pinch test. Then you shuould be spinning dounuts like mad!