RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

RC10GT2 OR FIRESTORM?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 02:29 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT2 OR FIRESTORM?

I'm looking st geting one of these two for my son.He has a Revo 3.3 so he drives decient.I have a rc10gt and he loves the thing but it's mine and don't let him drive it much.I want to get him a st and am leaning twords the gt2 since I have had great luck with my rc10gt.I don't know much about the firestorm but he likes it and want's one.The firestorm looks good but are they as good as a gt2?They are both about the same price but I'm stuck on which is a better bashing truck,probibly no racing.I have read some on the firestorm and keep reading about broken a arms,does RPM make a arms for the firestorm?The truck I get has to be a durable truck since it will get driven and jumped hard.Thanks for any input.Here is a pic of my RC10GT.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40239.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	871310  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 AM
NitroNate

Default RE: RC10GT2 OR FIRESTORM?

Show this video of my firestorm to your son,and see what he says. http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...=Moviesotm.flv

I did have a few a-arms break,but you can't blame it to break after I hit the cut end of a log at 30mph can you?
I had my firestorm for 5 months and have only spent 10$ in repairs and my video is proof that I am no lawn flamingo.
I think the gt2 is a great truck as well,but I like the extra speed and the extra big engine that is in the firestorm,and remember,you will get a chance to drive it if your son alows you.LOL!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:26 PM
241 racing

That's a awsome video,my son and I were laughing about how small our jumps are compared to yours I was gonna order a gt or firestorm but my local hs has both and are just as cheap as Iv' seen online so I'm gonna go there and check them out.I'm also gonna get a 1/8 scale buggy or a firestorm for myself aswell if there impressable.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 PM
TAGT2MAN

FIRESTORM is a copy of the gt2 THEY SUCK oooo bigger motor its a ****ty .18 get the factory team gt2 for christ sake u can get a big block conversion kit for it build something that tough and u can get almost 100% of the car in aluminum from integy
Old 02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
bneterasedmynam

actually its a pretty good .18 in the firestorm, i have nearly burnt mine up by using the wrong plug and yet it still start within 5 pulls every time in fact its one of the most durable engines i have ever had and that includes os.
as for the gt2, its a good desinged truck however it is now made in china just like all the others, thier company(ae) was bought out by thunder tiger and thier manufacturing ability has suffered because of it.
it doesnt matter how well something is desinged if the materials are made poorly and for the ae stuff they are i have one i have seen the pre-stamped stuff they now have.
and if its the rtr version you might as well buy a new radio when u get it because the rtr radio absolutley will not ever work you will nothing but run-aways, again i have seen this happen my friend has the rtr it majorly sucks.
i have zero problems with my firestorm, and the only thing i like better on my gt2 is the weight, its much lighter.
also you might take into consideration the customer service aspect too, just go ahead and log onto team associated's site and go to the answer forum and look at the way they answer tech problems, they have the most rude, inconsiderate, and downright unhelpfull support team i have ever seen.
and yet hpi is more than happy to help thier customers, that alone should help you to see which company is better.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:30 AM
ace420

GT2 for sure
Old 02-20-2008, 06:06 AM
KpS

The GT2 is awsome but I think that it is more for racing!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:48 PM
motorhead91

firestorm, its awesome
Old 02-20-2008, 06:03 PM
fusebmx13

i am in the same perdicament. i dont know which one but i am getting the firestorm just because it is a little cheaper and i dont race, i just beat the s**t out of my cars. my friend has a gt2 and it is cool and all but i wanna be different. plus his doesnt start as good as ive seen on the firestorm on the web.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 PM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: TAGT2MAN

FIRESTORM is a copy of the gt2 THEY SUCK oooo bigger motor its a ****ty .18 get the factory team gt2 for christ sake u can get a big block conversion kit for it build something that tough and u can get almost 100% of the car in aluminum from integy
That post broke two rules:Curse,and degrade.It was also quite contrary to the firestorms attributes.The bigger the engine the better.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
firestormanation

THAT was uncalled for TAGT2MAN shame on youlol. Firestorms do not suck and they are built for different things GT2=racing and the Firestorm= bashing. If you wouldn't mind tell me why the GT2 is SO MUCH better than the Firestorm and why the Firestorm SUCKS as you say. I would just like to know why you would even say such a thing. Immature....
Old 02-21-2008, 12:38 AM
firetin

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

That post broke two rules:Curse,and degrade.It was also quite contrary to the firestorms attributes.The bigger the engine the better.
I agree with NitroNate. In answer to the question about which truck to get I would recommend the firestorm.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 AM
MORE SPEED

ORIGINAL: firetin

I agree with NitroNate. In answer to the question about which truck to get I would recommend the firestorm.
Add me for another vote for the firestorm, great trucks from what I've seen.

MORE SPEED
Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 AM
[email protected]

go ahead and put a vote in for the RUstler LOL j/k j/k Firestorm all the way.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:49 PM
R4

GT2
Old 02-21-2008, 08:37 PM
motorhead91

hopefully nobody will scold me but try looking at a jato 2.5....the easy start is obviously a nice feature..(assuming it is working right)
and you can get gobs of parts for it, especially good ol rpm
Old 02-23-2008, 08:35 AM
241 racing

Well I went with the Firestorm and am happy so far.Went through the entire truck and got it ready for breck in.It started within a couple pulls and runs like a champ.This truck is awsome,hate to say it but it looks better than old faithfull my beloved rc10gt.I hope to finish the break in process today so it can be driven.The snow is a meltin and getting warmer so today might be the day.Thanks for the replys and I think I made the right choice with the Firestorm.Will keep ya posted on the progress of my firestorm.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:47 AM
fusebmx13

as long as you are happy, that is what counts. my friend has a gt2 and he loves it so it is really just as long as you are happy with it and it works good for you then who cares what other people think. im getting the firestorm myself. i was looking at the gt2 though but my friend has it so i didnt want to copy lol.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
[email protected]

AMEN BROTHER AMEN
too much bashin eachother i mean like you said who cares what others think as long as ur havin fun.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Hockey.Dad

That Firestorm will sure take a beating. My 12 year old son got one for Xmas, he is just learning how to jump with it.

Today we had a 4x8 piece of plywood laid down on a snow bank to make a ramp probably about 3.5 feet high. As he got a little braver he was hitting it at full speed coming across the parking lot, hitting the ramp and launching out into the grass. Let me tell you not all landings were good[X(] It took him a little practice to keep the throttle on to stay level in the air.

That thing cart wheeled on a number of landings,sometimes 5-6 times before it came to rest, landed on its lid, front/back bumper, side ways you name it. Only damage was the left front upper suspension arm bent, the wing popped off and the body has a few cracks in it. He burned through almost a gallon of fuel today mostly jumping it with the odd wheelie across the parking lot I am astonished that he did not have a $50.00 repair bill after all the bad landings.

He wants to try racing, he needs some more practice but at least he is familiar with how the truck flies. Flies very well I might add responds well to throttle/brake and steering commands in the air.....very easy to do tail whips with.

So yes I would whole heartedly recommend the Firestorm for anyone looking to bash! The .18 in that thing moves it very well I might add.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Fecal Freddy

ORIGINAL: KpS

The GT2 is awsome but I think that it is more for racing!
I absolutely love my GT2 and it has never seen a track. I've broken it once, and that was when I drove it for the first time and nailed a curb head-on with the thing wide open and topped out (first time driving a nitro and was actually my first time driving a hobby grade RC car). The damage from that was a broken bulkhead and a broken arm. Easily replaced with RPM parts. Now, that's not the only time I've crashed it hard like that... but it is the only time I broke it.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:43 AM
NitroNate

I am astonished that he did not have a $50.00 repair bill after all the bad landings.
If you have seen the video above....can you believe I only spent 20 dollars in repairs for all the 5 months I had it!?Here it is in it's present glory!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82773.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	888236  
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
NitroNate

Can we kick this guy out!!He has been sending ugly PMs for the last two weeks!!He's curseing,flaming,degrading,and embarrassing every since he has signed in!!Only 1/4 of his post where good!I want nobody in this forum who is such a rule breaker!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:48 PM
fusebmx13

Can we kick this guy out!!He has been sending ugly PMs for the last two weeks!!He's curseing,flaming,degrading,and embarrassing every since he has signed in!!Only 1/4 of his post where good!I want nobody in this forum who is such a rule breaker!
lol oviously he is a noob who doesnt know that integy aluminum is the worst. i bent all my parts from them.lol

but really he is very rude to be degrading a car that he probly doesnt own or has driven.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Alex570

Get the firstorm, but my favorite vote goes to the Nitro Rustler, almost indestructible. I hit a tree at wot and it cost me $3 to fix. It needed a new shock cap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.