Default traxxas slayer

what do yall think about the slayer
does it handle good?
does it break alot when bashing?
Old 07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
hpijunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: traxxas slayer

its very strong. broke a front spindle due to a curb jumping in front of the slayer at full speed.[&o]

as far as handling goes, that brings a question to mind.
are you talking about handling right out of the box or after some mods are done?
and are you talking about bashing and runing on all terrian or dirt track racing only?

best to read the traxxas forumn at traxxas.com.

the slayer will handle better after adding the anti sway bars, different springs and heavier oil in the shocks.

right out of the box the slayer tends to roll over very easy.

i decided to sell the slayer because i did not want to keep tinkering with it to get it to be more stable for bashing.

i do not understand why a rc car company does not set the car up from the factory to be stable in driving.
i know that the hpi trucks that i had over the years were setup to run easy right out of the box. only mods needed were if you wanted to go faster or change out parts for rpm parts. savage, hellfire and the mt 1 and 2 were the trucks i have had from hpi.
i still run my hellfire stock except for the wheels and tires. i put the traxxas tmax tires on it.
love my hellfire. just wish they did not discountinue it.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:24 PM
mmtecg

hard to tune never works right brakes alot
Old 07-04-2010, 05:16 PM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: mmtecg

hard to tune never works right brakes alot
They are not hard to tune. But you do have to know what you are doing, what to look and listen for. I've rarely ever had tuning problems out of mine except for when there is an air leak, bad glow plug, or bad fuel involved.

Other than that I've only broken a few minor parts like axle carriers and clutch springs. The driveshafts are junk, definitely replace them with CVD's. The new Pro 4x4 Slayer should be an awesome handling truck, they've lengthened it 30mm (pretty much using a Revo 3.3 chassis instead of a Revo 2.5 chassis) and they also made it 26mm wider so it should handle alot better than the regular slayer most of us have.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 PM
blando233

i didnt like the slayer..and because they dont get it all perfect for when it comes out of a box is because so that you spend more money on parts to get it better...i have traxxas cars compared to HPI i think traxxas you have to do a lot of tuneing with there engines..My traxxas sport man its a pain on the pull start its hard to pull sometimes gives me blisters..and also hurts my arm lol..My HPI i dont even have to hold the car and i can pull it and it starts like with the 2nd pull..