RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/5074112-%3Dofficial-hpi-firestorm-thread%3D.html)

quadracer_82 02-09-2007 09:35 PM

RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

i have a firestorm, got it mid jan. and i absolutley love it. its my first nitro but not my first premium grade car. i have ran 9 and a half tanks throuh it. ya and a half. after my 6th tank i noticed that my pin in my axle was sticking out a little far on one side so i took it apart and the top of the axle was cracked and was letting the pin wriggle out. so i smashed it back in and drove it more. and in yhe middle of the 9th tank it just stoped and wouldnt move. i looked and the pin was gone. has anybody else had any trouble with that?and again i love my firestor. oh yeah i think it came out of the box with a axle broken cuz i havent really jumped or anything.

wow what a long post[:@][:@][:@]

Rcjake97 02-09-2007 10:08 PM

i Have a few questions:

1.How fast can it go?
2.Can somebody tell me where else you can get bodies for the firstorm?
Like a escalade, corvette, charger?

hobbimaster 02-09-2007 10:14 PM

Wow, never heard of that. I'm assuming its the bog bone drive axle your talking about. its not supposed to crack or fall out, especially at the biggest ball part of the axle. Sounds like the machine building the axle shoved the pin in too tight of a hole making it crack. I'd call HPI customer service and get a replacement sent out, From what I understand there very good.

hillbilie 02-10-2007 12:36 AM

yeah hpi is very good with that, they are sending me a new bulkhead set when it comes out free of charge, because i hit a car tire with my firestorm. now if the dang part will come out so i can drive this beotch. it says the release date is early feb, and its early feb so im hoping it will be soon.

quadracer_82 02-10-2007 09:15 PM

yes i was talking about the dogbone, but today i went to a hobby shop and bought oneso once it warms up i will drive it.

quadracer_82 02-10-2007 09:18 PM

oh yeah the dogbone for two it was only 6 bucks so im happy

jeremymw1 02-11-2007 12:02 AM

i purchased the firestorm and was impressed with it but now itsbroke and i need parts list to et part #s any storm owners with list to help would be a blessing

jeremymw1 02-11-2007 12:08 AM

im a firestorm owner and my girl trashed my parts list u think u can email a copy to me or tell me were to get one i need parts

tattguy12 02-11-2007 07:03 AM

go to the hpi website you can download it there

quadracer_82 02-11-2007 07:23 PM

i was halfway through a tank shut it off then came backe outside. went to pull the starter and there was no compression on the pullstarter. i could just pull it out without any friction. i tightened the pullstarter bolts and that didnt do anything. can anybody help me?

tattguy12 02-11-2007 07:24 PM

tighten down your glow plug

quadracer_82 02-11-2007 10:56 PM

he glow plug isnt the problem. i canroll the fly wheel and it acts normal. its something in the pullstarter.

big_dog75071 02-11-2007 11:20 PM

i am new at this but i have a hpi nitro rs4 rtr3 evowith a t-15 and i will like to know what i need to do to get better speed and handaling out of it can you help

tattguy12 02-11-2007 11:24 PM

quad,then pull off your pull start and check the one way bearing

tattguy12 02-12-2007 08:12 AM

big, try leaning your motor a little more the t-15 is probably the worst motor hpi makes i had a bear of a time keeping mine tuned so i got rid of it..as for handling buy a better steering servo.

jonb73188 02-12-2007 02:49 PM

I got the firestorm and I love it! So many people are shooting the motor down, but it has not given me any problems. When it does blow i want to throw a traxxas 3.3 on it. Right now with the stock hpi motor, I am going 40mph. I can pop it up on the road just tapping the throttle.

quadracer_82 02-12-2007 04:51 PM

the one way bearing is fine. it will spin the rod it is connected to. it just wont do anything with the piston.

tattguy12 02-12-2007 04:52 PM

maybe the con rod on the piston is bad??

quadracer_82 02-12-2007 05:33 PM

wat exactly is the con rod?

hillbilie 02-12-2007 09:55 PM

the con rod would be the connecting rod that conects the piston the the crank shaft.

quadracer_82 02-13-2007 05:43 PM

oh its not that. i figures out that it is the starting pin and spring. the spring is shrunk.

quadracer_82 02-14-2007 02:32 PM

have any of you guys jumped yours yet? if you have how big of a jump?

Oscardms 02-14-2007 03:11 PM

Does anyone know what rotostart system works for this truck? My wife got it for me for Valentine's Day as a gift. I'd like to convert it to a rotostart though. Thanks.

46u 02-14-2007 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: BuzzBomber

Nitro cleaner works well, it's just expensive, IMO. Acetone is great for cleaning on a part by part basis, but I wouldn't use it to clean the whole truck. It is more caustic than necessary and attacks some plastics.
I do keep a spray can of nitro cleaner around for when I just want to quickly get the major grunge off. When I do a complete cleaning, I usually start by blowing the truck off with an airgun. Then I spray it down with my home made cleaner(1 part simple green, 2 parts denatured alchohol) from an old windex bottle and let it soak a couple minutes. Then it gets a quick blowoff again, a quick mist of WD40 and a final blowoff. This works for me, others may have better methods for their own use...

This is what I use and it is cheaper then nitro cleaner, you get a WHOLE lot more for quite a bit less and you can use the spray bottle when done for many other things.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWC47&P=ML

46u 02-14-2007 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: quadracer_82

i have a firestorm, got it mid jan. and i absolutley love it. its my first nitro but not my first premium grade car. i have ran 9 and a half tanks throuh it. ya and a half. after my 6th tank i noticed that my pin in my axle was sticking out a little far on one side so i took it apart and the top of the axle was cracked and was letting the pin wriggle out. so i smashed it back in and drove it more. and in yhe middle of the 9th tank it just stoped and wouldnt move. i looked and the pin was gone. has anybody else had any trouble with that?and again i love my firestor. oh yeah i think it came out of the box with a axle broken cuz i havent really jumped or anything.

wow what a long post[:@][:@][:@]

Call HPI they have great customer service that is one of the reasons I have 4 HPI vehicles.