Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Telemetry in F3A

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:36 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Telemetry in F3A

ORIGINAL: bjr_93tz

The Futaba 14MZ already has "illegal timing functions" and has had them for years.

Why should be we jump on one illegal function when Futaba's flagship TX already has others?

If I had my way, F3A would be flown on a basic radio with no mixing, dual rates, conditions, ninja snaps or whatever else you can think of. It would be very simple for Futaba to release an F3A model type to select in your 14MZ/12ZA/12FG/8FG menu with all the fancy stuff disabled for competition work.

Don't get me wrong, I like using it's functions for everyday flying but at the end of the day, F3A should be about the best pilot, not the fanciest TX functions helping you out...

I'd support that. They should simply specify that only a 6channel radio with no mixes is allowed in sanctioned Pattern events. It keeps the focus on the pilot skills in setting uo a plane and flying it, not how good he is pushing button.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:42 AM
guille2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TimBle

I'd support that. They should simply specify that only a 6channel radio with no mixes is allowed in sanctioned Pattern events. It keeps the focus on the pilot skills in setting uo a plane and flying it, not how good he is pushing button.

HA!!!! Pushing buttons!!!! the modern version of the old Trigger mechanism radios!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:10 AM
bjr_93tz

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

It wouldn't cost Futaba a penny to provide an F3A model type in it's next software update and my 14MZ would retain it's full functionality for every other model type that's in there, so there's no negative marketing outcome to do it.

I just couldn't imagine the rule makers suggesting it though....

Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Having or not having mixes, etc. as you guys describe...... that is used to trim the airplanes, but the most important thing is, everybody can have the same tools to do that, so it's fair no matter how you want to put it, so if you could ban the computer radio and everybody will fly on the same conditions CPLR will still be champion BPLR will still be second and so on, nothing will change, if someone does not win it's because his/her finger are not better than the winners.

There are no excuses for not practicing, I do not complaint because I usually only put about 60 to 80 flights a year, so I do not complain about my results, but I'm working on getting more flights I hope I can make about 250 flights this year and I think that's what matters most, I read about people flying in lower classes and say the put 1500 flights a year, and still on the same lower classes......

No one can fight technology, you can only choose not to use it, and that's a fact as well as some colonies on the world do. Computer radios will keep improving, and software will to, so pilots can focus on more important things, like positioning, size, speed, gracefulness just to name a few.

When you do and 8 point reversed roll from inverted, like on the P11 just name a maneuver, you have to calculate (all this as you fly the maneuver as you know) the roll rate so you can hit the fourth point exactly in the center and your last point at the same distance from the start point, keeping the same rolling speed and pauses, keeping a perfect straight line with no changes in heading, all this while cross wind( with winds about 34Km/Hr like in Argentina 2007) hits your plane with gusts and probably turbulence from trees below and making the appropriate wind corrections at the same time, and you really want to have to also compensate for rudder to aileron or elevator coupling while doing the points???? As soon as you hit the second point your airplane will deviate and change heading, Please........

The origin of this thread was answered by Ola, even though there should be more specifics on the Sporting codes, it will sure be done, it just takes time, but is good to know that if some one will use this feedback receivers they can indeed compete at FAI events with no problems.

Regards

Alejandro P.