Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Servo Gear replacement BLS173SV

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 02:13 PM
AUS50518

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Gear replacement BLS173SV

BLS173sv
I have a little slop at centre on aileron and have a new gear set to fit hoping to rectify.

What method should I use to remove the large gear? Is it gently lever off with a small blade then press the replacement on? Or is a special tool required.

The existing gear set has a small amount of grease. I have some Hacker grease used for their planetary gearbox, is this suitable to use?

I posted this on the Futaba Support forum but they must be busy as after the initial “will advise” nothing for a week.

Thanks in advance,
John
AUSTRALIA
Old 12-15-2018, 01:41 AM
bjr_93tz

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

It doesn't help with your question, however depending on the radio setup I extend the life of some of my servos by popping the servo arm, adjust the subtrim by one spline and put the arm back on.

The servo gears and feedback pot are now at a different spot for centre, the linkage geometry remains unchanged and if you have enough overhead in your TX settings you shouldn't need to touch the end points either..
Old 12-30-2018, 12:23 AM
AUS50518

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found by gentle levering the main gear is removed. All good!

New gearset went in without a problem.

Second servo, old gearset removed easily. New gearset a little tight resulting in a servo not happy. Buzzing constantly although it appears to operate normally. Refitted a combination of old and new gears. The plastic gear and the next small gear in the train new, the rest old. The servo now operates normally without buzz.

Hopefully I have removed most, if not all, the slop.