Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

advice on good pattern trainer

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 04:06 PM
mwright
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on good pattern trainer

Ok I've narrowed it down to four:

1) Boxer 60 (scratch built)
2) Tracer 60 (almost same design as boxer, scratch built)
3) Tiger 60 (kit)
4) Birdi Chaos (kit)

For me I see two distinct differences between 1, 2 and 3, 4. Effort to build and wing design.

1,2 are scratch built and have tapered LE.
3,4 are kits and have constant cords wings.

I have a Satio 80 (or I may buy a MVVS 90 2-stroke) and have standard JR equipment to put in it.

Which is the best to learn on? I know there could be differences in opinions but that's what I need to hear.

Marcus
Old 02-27-2002, 06:18 PM
Anthony-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

You can't go wrong with any of these. My preference is the Boxer over the Tracer. Same wing with more side area for better rolls. I flew a Boxer 1.20 for two years and it was not hard to build and flew great.
The Tiger .60 is also a great plane but like the Kaos lacks side area. My choice here is the Tiger because it is very hard to find a .60 size Kaos kit.
If it has to be a kit look at the Bridi Great Escape one of his most modern designs. If you want to scratch then go with the Boxer or look in RCM for the plans for a Loaded Dice.
You will love any one of these planes. Check NSCRA.org for more info.

Anthony
Old 02-27-2002, 06:38 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Marcus, you know about the Lexington Swap shop coming up March 16? You might find something there, for alot less. Theres a 60 sized kaos at KC hobby hanging up on consignment, but its green lol. There is also a godfrey 32.5% extra that will blow your mind. It is flawless, but wayy outta the price range and method of flying. I can pick up a kyosho majestic used from one of our club members(my next door neighbor), and if i can find a powerplant for it, start carving up the skies. If you do go the used route, make sure it is straight, and light. Looks like there will be no flying this week here, maybe we might get a break in the wind(had 35+ gusts at my house yesterday) this weekend.

Steve
Old 02-28-2002, 05:30 PM
mwright
My Feedback: (5)

Default email me

Steve,

email me with the specifics and I'll try to make it.

Marcus

[email protected]