Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Dist7 - BARCS 14th Annual Pattern By the Bay - Richmond

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Dist7 - BARCS 14th Annual Pattern By the Bay - Richmond

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dist7 - BARCS 14th Annual Pattern By the Bay - Richmond

I first posted this in the Electric Pattern Forum by mistake so here is a copy of the original.

BARCS hosted the 14th Annual Pattern by the Bay contest in Richmond, CA this past weekend. Weather had been forecast to be pretty windy and as it turned out, the weather gods were kinda wrong. Saturday was breezy but steady with a crosswind blowing straight out which everyone seemed to handle pretty well. Sunday was calmer with gentle breezes more down the runway. In fact Sunday got pretty warm considering we were about 100 ft from the San Francisco Bay...

12 contestants with one each in Sportsman and Intermediate, 3 in Advanced, 4 in Masters and 3 in FAI. We flew one flight line to minimize judging loads and everything went smoothly. I did not take a copy of the scores with me so I will leave the gory details for Derek or Adrian to post. There were some pretty close scores so competition was pretty heavy from time to time. Free BBQ on both days for the contestants. Standing in the Bay breeze, you can work up a pretty good appetite. The hamburgers and polish sausages didn't last long.

Special 'thanks' to Ron Davies, Jon Carter, Mike Miller, Kevin Sung and Michael Fan for judging on Sunday. That made it much easier on the contestants.

As most of you have heard, this was the last pattern contest for BARCS due to the Parks department deciding to turn the land back to 'natural'. I have attended most of the Richmond contests and will miss this one. Hopefully BARCS will be able to locate a new site and resume the pattern events in the future.

Woodie
Team Acme LG

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...#ixzz0muciKXH4
Old 05-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Derek.Koopowitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dist7 - BARCS 14th Annual Pattern By the Bay - Richmond

Thanks everyone for helping out and especially to Riot3D for doing what he does best - roust the pilots out of their relaxing chairs and get them into their judging chairs. Adrian is correct - this was the 15th Annual (and last) contest. I have all the original flyers for the contest, believe it or not... and the 1st one was on July 15/16, 1995.

Here are the results...

Sportsman
1. Lawrence Tougas 4000.000

Intermediate
1. Chris Belden 3000.000

Advanced
1. Dale Olstinske 4000.000
2. Jon Bruml 3714.849
3. Robert Hixson 3433.637

Masters
1. Bill Sneed 4000.000
2. Luke Peng 3915.464
3. Roy Speights 3804.940
4. Dick Belden 3788.287

F3A
1. Don Atwood 4000.000
2. Derek Koopowitz 3724.711
3. Adrian Wong 3600.591

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...#ixzz0mveO5WtP
Old 05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Derek.Koopowitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dist7 - BARCS 14th Annual Pattern By the Bay - Richmond

The following link is a very nice article from Larry Tougas about his first contest experience at BARCS... he is also running for District X Vice President of the AMA... please support and vote for him. He can bring significant change to the AMA and is a great guy!!

[link=http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-i-won-first-place-at-my-first.html]Larry Tougas article[/link]