RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dist7 - BARCS 14th Annual Pattern By the Bay - Richmond
Old 05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dist7 - BARCS 14th Annual Pattern By the Bay - Richmond

I first posted this in the Electric Pattern Forum by mistake so here is a copy of the original.

BARCS hosted the 14th Annual Pattern by the Bay contest in Richmond, CA this past weekend. Weather had been forecast to be pretty windy and as it turned out, the weather gods were kinda wrong. Saturday was breezy but steady with a crosswind blowing straight out which everyone seemed to handle pretty well. Sunday was calmer with gentle breezes more down the runway. In fact Sunday got pretty warm considering we were about 100 ft from the San Francisco Bay...

12 contestants with one each in Sportsman and Intermediate, 3 in Advanced, 4 in Masters and 3 in FAI. We flew one flight line to minimize judging loads and everything went smoothly. I did not take a copy of the scores with me so I will leave the gory details for Derek or Adrian to post. There were some pretty close scores so competition was pretty heavy from time to time. Free BBQ on both days for the contestants. Standing in the Bay breeze, you can work up a pretty good appetite. The hamburgers and polish sausages didn't last long.

Special 'thanks' to Ron Davies, Jon Carter, Mike Miller, Kevin Sung and Michael Fan for judging on Sunday. That made it much easier on the contestants.

As most of you have heard, this was the last pattern contest for BARCS due to the Parks department deciding to turn the land back to 'natural'. I have attended most of the Richmond contests and will miss this one. Hopefully BARCS will be able to locate a new site and resume the pattern events in the future.

Woodie
Team Acme LG

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...#ixzz0muciKXH4