RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   World Models Spot-On 120 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/5830390-world-models-spot-120-a.html)

TimBle 04-23-2011 09:45 AM

RE: World Models Spot-On 120

Woodie, thanks for harsh words to be kind. I'm glad I stuck with it.

see my edit above. initial psot was done in a restaurant with the wife looking rather p*****D off  :/

pilomeza 06-02-2011 09:05 AM

Hello guys:
I really love my Spot-On 120, the only problem I have been having is that the cannopy continuosly brakes. Now I'm ordering the 3rd one. Any suggestions?

Happy Landings

Luis

riot3d 06-02-2011 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: pilomeza

Hello guys:
I really love my Spot-On 120, the only problem I have been having is that the cannopy continuosly brakes. Now I'm ordering the 3rd one. Any suggestions?

Happy Landings

Luis
What do you mean by breaking? The material is too brittle & crack? Or, it keeps coming loose from the fuse? That canopy is on the heavy side & should be pretty tough, that's one of the reason why I installed an after market one instead.

Adrian

pilomeza 06-03-2011 05:42 AM

Hi Adrian:

Yes I feel the material brittle, the first canopy came off on flight because it cracked from one of the screws, the second one during a flight got a big crack also from one of the screws.
In both cases I have secured the canopy with the screws provided by TWM, and double sided tape to seal any gap betwen the fuselage and the canopy and reinforce the screw holes.
Maybe an after market canopy would be better.
What after market canopy did you install?
Thanks for the help
Luis

riot3d 06-03-2011 07:16 PM

Luis,

I used a canopy from one of my old 2 meter pattern plane, and trim it to the correct size.

Unfortunately, one of the draw back of a glow engine is vibration, especially a 4 stroke. If you look closely on one of the picture, you can tell I used blue electrical tape to secure the canopy onto the fuselage. Then, fasten the screws on top with a drop of CA. So far, it works. However, if I ever need to replace the canopy, it will be an ugly mess. I think the electrical tape will tore the covering into pieces, but that's another story ... :)

Adrian

pilomeza 06-04-2011 04:50 PM

Thanks Adrian sounds like a very good idea. I wil try and tell you how it worked.

Happy Landings

Luis

g_mkoch 08-31-2011 07:27 PM

quick question

Does anyone have a few tips to install the wheel pants? I haven't been able to put the on.

</p>

yves_83140 09-01-2011 01:24 AM

<span id="result_box" lang="en"><span class="hps">Hello everyone,</span>

<span class="hps">I am</span> <span class="hps">just finishing</span> <span class="hps">my</span> <span class="hps">SpotOn</span><span>.</span> <span class="hps">I decided to</span> <span class="hps">mount a</span> <span class="hps">OS120AX</span><span>.</span>

<span class="hps">I'll</span> <span class="hps">re-drilling</span> <span class="hps">the wall</span> <span class="hps">to tilt the</span> <span class="hps">motor</span> <span class="hps">to</span> <span class="hps">tilt and</span> <span class="hps">pull the</span> <span class="hps">exhaust</span> <span class="hps">from below.</span> <span class="hps">I put</span> <span class="hps">the tank</span> <span class="hps">in the center. Is the pump really required?</span>

<span class="hps">I'm surprised</span> <span class="hps">to see that the</span> <span class="hps">CG</span> <span class="hps">is so</span> <span class="hps">forward.</span> <span class="hps">Have you followed</span> <span class="hps">the instructions</span><span>?</span>

<span class="hps">Yves</span>

<font size="2"><span class="hps">PS:</span> <span class="hps">sorry for</span> <span class="hps">the syntax</span> <span class="hphps">I used</span> <span class="s">google</span> <span class="hps">translation.</span></font></span><div id="spell-place-holder" style="display: none"></div><div id="gt-res-tools"><div id="gt-src-tools-l"></div><div id="gt-res-tools-r"><div id="gt-res-listen" class="trans-listen-button goog-toolbar-button" role="button" aria-pressed="false" unselectable="on" style="display: none"></div><div id="gt-res-roman" class="trans-roman-button goog-toolbar-button" role="button" aria-pressed="false" unselectable="on" style="display: none"></div><div id="gt-res-rate"><div aria-haspopup="true" class="goog-inline-block goog-toolbar-menu-button" role="button" unselectable="on"><div class="goog-inline-block goog-toolbar-menu-button-outer-box" unselectable="on"><div class="goog-inline-block goog-toolbar-menu-button-inner-box" unselectable="on"><div class="goog-inline-block goog-toolbar-menu-button-caption" unselectable="on"></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

TimBle 09-01-2011 09:54 PM

I don't have experience with the 1.20AX and pumps but my Spot On CG is at 175mm from the leading edge. Wing incidence is 0.6¤ and downthruse is 1.2 ¤. It flies well enough.

riot3d 09-01-2011 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: g_mkoch

quick question

Does anyone have a few tips to install the wheel pants? I haven't been able to put the on.

</p>

Try mine if you like, it's on the middle of the page:- http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_58..._4/key_/tm.htm

Hope this helps.

Adrian

TimBle 09-02-2011 02:16 AM

I mount the wheel pants without the supplied hardware because I am using a different landing gear after the supplied set collapsed on landing 11. :(

Using a genuine carbon gear now.

Also rebuilt the landing gear plate by sandwiching two sheets of thin ply over a 235gr/m^2 Carbon Kevlar weave.
I've had no landing issues since and dropped thw weight of the fuselage by 18gr (whoop whoop)