Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

reversing servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 06:21 PM
DUHAWK49
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reversing servos

got my patty about ready to go and came across a problem.. i have hitec digitals and was wondering how i can reverse one servo on the elevator so i can use a standard y harness.. is there an easy way to do this? id like to know.. any other ideas welcome too.. thanks
Old 08-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Ian.W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reversing servos

Hi

The only two ways i know are these:

1) put an onboard servo reverser on the reversed servo ( not v. accruate)

OR

2) put the reversed servo the outher way aroun so the output horn is fasing the front and visa versa
Old 08-19-2003, 06:51 PM
DUHAWK49

Default hmm

ya those are the ways i was thinking too but just wanted make the same setup as what the manual shows.. i may just have to turn the one around if i can.. i didnt want to use the reverser on the y harness exactly for the same reasons you stated.. anyway thanks i will see what i can do
Old 08-19-2003, 06:54 PM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Default reversing servos

If you have access to or can find someone who has the Hitec digital programmer you can reverse one of the servos.

It is my understanding that doing this and using a standard "y" harness works just fine but that digitals do not like the "Smart-Y" reversing harness. I am getting ready to do the same thing with two elevator servos.

If you lived here you could use my programmer........

If you set the servos to point in the same direction (thereby having the same direction of rotation) then you should make sure that the servo-end connection (servo arm) is the same distance from the fuse centerline as this should keep the pushrod geometry the same for each half. I did this successfully in my GP Spacewalker and it has worked fine for 4 years.

Just my nickle here....

Dan
Old 08-20-2003, 02:52 AM
Giant Scale

Default reversing servos

Many hobby shops that sell hitec servos have the programmers. They may reverse your servo for a fee. Try to find a member of your club that has one or return the servo to hitec and they will do it for free. If you plan on using hitec digitals in the future the programmer is good investment, it is also useful to test other brands of servos.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:03 AM
DUHAWK49

Default PROGRAMMER

ID LIKE TO GET ONE BUT ALL I NEED IS ONE REVERSED RIGHT NOW.. IF I GOT ONE CHEAP ID DO IT. SENT AN EMAIL TO SERVO CITY TO SEE IF THEY WILL DO IT..
Old 08-20-2003, 07:27 AM
Lynx

Default reversing servos

If that fee is more than a nickle shoot them. It's a crime =P Not shooting them, them charging more than a nickle.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:58 PM
DUHAWK49

Default servo city

well they replied back and will do it for free.. just have to pay shipping is all.. not a bad deal