Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Where to plug ESC into receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 11:04 AM
chall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to plug ESC into receiver?

This is a newbie question for sure, but I can't find the answer on my own.

I'm familiar with the typical receiver, where you plug the battery in one socket (like B/7) and the servos in sockets 1-6. So far so good.

I just bought an electric plane as an ARF. There's just the one connector coming from the ESC. I presume this is both power for the receiver and control of the speed? Do I just plug this in the socket I want the throttle control to be? Will that also power the receiver?

Or do I need to split the ESC connector into power and throttle somehow and plug one into the B/7 jack and the other into the correct throttle control channel?

I'm a little afraid to play around in case I blow something up!

Thank you.

Charles Hall
Raleigh, NC
USA
Old 09-11-2003, 12:36 PM
TI_Ag
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Where to plug ESC into receiver?

Yup, plug it into the throttle channel to power the RX and control ESC speed. You can supply the power to the RX on any channel you like.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:33 PM
BaronSchwab

Default Where to plug ESC into receiver?

The ESC provides BOTH power and throttle control in the SAME plug which goes to ch. 3. There is NO need to separate ESC connector.

This works because a battery can be pluged into ANY ch on any Rx. The B/7 means that this is the ch 7 jack and a place to plug in the batt. and if you used all 7 channels plug a Y adapter into any ch and hook up the servo in one side of the Y and the battery in the other.