Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need A 3 Channel Radio System And Servo

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Nitro Pop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need A 3 Channel Radio System And Servo

For the radio system i need a pistol grip style, 2.4ghz, 3 channel transmitter/receiver combo. it needs at least 10 model memory, trims AND dual rates, and some kind of display to show me how much battery life i have left ((weather it's transmitter or car battery life left, preferably both)). i don't know if it's possible or where/how i would find it, but if the controller could take rechargeable batteries and/or be charged that would be a huge plus, although not totally necessary.

As for the servo, it needs to be a 6v/7.4v all metal gear servo ((titanium, steel, or generic "metal gear")), and get .10 second travel time or better with 150 oz/in or better ((although i'd like to use the same servo for 1/8 so i REALLY would want 180-260 oz/in and 0.10 travel time or better))
i'm open to any of the major servo brands, although i only know of Savox, Hitec, and futaba [{(HOLY PISS, hitec HSB-9360TH perfect specs, me-wantz, but at $180 on tower i 'bout soiled myself when i saw that price)}]

budget is $200 for both, hash it either way you want, but $200 for both
Old 01-10-2014, 04:04 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-it4-to...io-orange.html 4 channel has telemetry (not sure if it reads the voltage the RC has left), but will tell you the speed, and pretty much everything else. Lowest cost radio with telemetry.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ct3c-3...lcd-green.html 3 channel radio with rechargeable battery(can be charged) has 3 channels 10 model memory, bonus is if you go this you get $150 spare to blow on a servo so I'm sure you can find one easily to your specs

Or you can pop this http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._mAh_V3_0.html on any radio (has a separate part for the vehicle) if you want to know battery voltage, MAH, and motor temps. Been tempted to try it as I think it could be very useful when initially setting up an electric vehicle
Old 01-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Nitro Pop

is the FS-GT3C better than the FS-GT3B? are they the same besides the recharging ability? is one better than the other?

anywhere you can source me one of those hitec HSB-9360TH servos for under $150?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:13 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GT3b vs GT3c

same electronics
GT3c has ball bearing on the steering wheel
GT3c uses a single cell lipo
GT3c uses more refined and durable buttons and switches

both can be hacked to support up to 8ch with a ton more features
Old 01-10-2014, 10:28 PM
stevenator128

Solar D771 for the servo. Leaving a little in torque but if you run it at 7.2v it might handle your 1/8 needs if it's a buggy.

I like the Airtronics MX-V though I don't own one. I've owned a Futaba 3PL that would do all you need. Just a few transmitters that might be worth a look.