Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

analog vs digital

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 11:00 AM
pridsox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default analog vs digital

Dear all, as a novice rc builder I am wondering weather having analogue transmitter/receiver will work with digital servos? Or vice versa.???

Last edited by pridsox; 08-17-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:09 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Just what kind of analog transmitter do you have? I haven't seen one of those since about 1970. If you have one of those, no, it will not work with digital servos.
What is your radio brand?
Old 08-17-2015, 02:04 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope it is not a Galloping Ghost. Most servos will work with the 72mhz radio's. It would help if you told us what radio you have.

Buzz.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:31 PM
pridsox

I haven't bought anything yet, I've just been rummaging through ebay and spotted there's a difference. I'm trying to build a likety split from scratch, rather than balsa I'm using corrugated cardboard! And other assorted materials. Don't laugh!!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:01 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Stay off ebay if you want something that works unless you know what you are doing.
Hobbtyking is a good choice if you want something cheap. Buy only from their US warehouse.
Making airplanes from corrugated cardboard is not new. There is a sub forum devoted to that. I think its called SPAD or something like that.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:27 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Once you find out what size of servo you need, you have a lot of place to get them. Have you picked a radio yet?

Buzz.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:44 PM
pridsox

I was thinking of getting a FLY SKY 2.4G FS-CT6B 6 CH CHANNEL TRANSMITTER / Receiver. What governs how far away I can operate my model? P.s thanks for all your help.