Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Specktrum radios; why did you crash? Why did you have a "brown-out?"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Specktrum radios; why did you crash? Why did you have a "brown-out?"

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 05:02 PM
jmiles1941

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are 2 of my IMAC planes 129 inch wingspan and 110 inch inch wingspan 42% and 35% DLE 170cc engine and DLE 120cc engine both smart fly eq10 all 7955 servos and A123 Electric Dynamic Batteries
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cmj4.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	2120972   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dalton extra 260.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2120973   Click image for larger version

Name:	cmj5.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	2120974  
Old 09-20-2015, 10:11 PM
HORNET FLYER
My Feedback: (6)

Fact.....

just attended bomber field 2015

Over 100 spektrum radios.....250 aircraft....500flights total

not one radio issue.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:44 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog
For what it's worth, if there wasn't a real, factual & serious problems with the Spectrum Brand Radio Systems there wouldn't even be a Forum like Specktrum radios; why did you crash? Why did you have a "brown-out?... U don't see any discussions of this Nature about "ANY" other R/C Radio Brand. Not even the cheep HK fifty dollar Brands.
The discussions are out there,especially for the low quality HK stuff.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:05 AM
TOPGUN WINNER
My Feedback: (27)

Originally Posted by VF84sluggo
This is also spot on!!

I'm a big fan of the K.I.S.S. principle. I run dual Hangtimes NoBS LiFe's through a Fromeco Wolverine switch in my jets. So far it has worked just fine for me.
I like your NAVY Pilots Quote...I also like it that none of your equipment is recognized by spell check...LOL

Good Post
Old 09-21-2015, 04:12 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
The discussions are out there,especially for the low quality HK stuff.
The $17 seven channel ORANGE receiver from Hobby King did not brown out running 6 Spektrum Digital Servos through the receiver.The EXACT same set up where my AR_7000 & AR-8000 had Brown Outs with only four Servos...I had removed the wings for storage when I desided to run addition tests. The ORANGE Rx could not be made to fail...

Your "Low Quality" remark does no fly.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:18 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

I've seen more of those receivers die for no reason and more planes crash with them inside than any other brand. I used to say they are only good for foamies but I don't even say that anymore.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:21 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

Originally Posted by HORNET FLYER
Fact.....

just attended bomber field 2015

Over 100 spektrum radios.....250 aircraft....500flights total

not one radio issue.
great post thanks: bombers fly scale...NOT 3-D....Scale Bombers are big Airplanes and have all the work arounds..dual power busses, four Receivers, and a thousand dollars worth of Power Supply Equipment.

Been there and done that...I agree with you 100% I can do exactly the same thing and use dual Spektrum Rx...However, I can also do it through the Rx without all the work arounds but only if I fly Scale and make gentle turns...Also I use dual Life or A-123 power Supplies.

I have some 5,000mAh can handle almost anything..

THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS POST IS ABOUT.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:37 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

Originally Posted by jmiles1941
[attach=config]2120972[/attach][attach=config]2120973[/attach][attach=config]2120974[/attach]

here are 2 of my imac planes 129 inch wingspan and 110 inch inch wingspan 42% and 35% dle 170cc engine and dle 120cc engine both smart fly eq10 all 7955 servos and a123 electric dynamic batteries
good post miles...you neglected to say you only fly futaba and only two pilots flew spektrum at the last contest...once there were three but one crashed with no control...his set up was perfect.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:47 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

Originally Posted by john_m_
giodog2000, you registered on rcu today, and your first post is to get a thread closed?

John m,
yes john...we did not answer his question...sounds funny to me. Has anyone seen his question quoted???

By the way, this is the number one hottest thread on rcu...ii has been since my first post...90% are positive...only the same few try to disrupt it. However, i am sure they have a justifiable reason to try to shut it down.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:38 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

i HAVE NOTICED THAT HALF MY REBUTTALS HAVE BEEN DELETED...THAT'S OK, .. THEY WILL SOON ALL BE POSTED WHERE IT REALLY COUNTS.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Any rebuttal, from anyone that calls in question other posters IQ etc will be deleted.

Don't feel put upon, you're not the only one who's posts have been cleaned up.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:10 AM
giodog2000

Originally Posted by TOPGUN WINNER
thanks for warning us that you were coming with more insults...how did your test come out? With your you must have run one or you would not be so terrified of this thread.

Made to posts since joining a few days ago...both said end this thread...what's in it for you?
Please quote me where i have insulted you....

And to stay on topic: where are the vids you promissed that made this thread sooooo popular. Some of us just can't figure it out from the hints you gave us in page 7.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:12 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

Originally Posted by giodog2000
again, you are off topic!
How many posts within this thread are off topic?

Op, i am not saying you are wrong or right in this matter. I'm saying this thread does not bring new information unless you give more details of your findings. If you like to streach a thread to gain popularity then you are missing the point of what forums are for.
I've seen thread much more popular than this in other forums that have been closed for not staying on topic.....just saying.

And to stay on topic: Where are the vids?
you just joined a few days ago and yet you are an expert on rcu and all the posts from ages ago. Why is that?

Everything you said was missing is in this thread...so why are you saying it is not? People aske how to run the tests themselves...i answered that question and told everyone the results ( that was the reason for this thread) and yet, none of the black hat's have done anything but slander me, insult me, lie about what i posted and lied about what i said.

That's pretty dumb to pick on a man (not little boy) that can legally change your tune in a new york minute.
Would you really purger yourself and look at seven years if you were subpoenaed? I think not.

Do you think you are the majority? You are not even close. I have been extremely nice, but people like you( less than 10 out of 100) are starting to get me upset...is that what you really want? Do you want me to call in the big guns and put a quick stop to your childish remarks...because i can and i will. You sir have been added to a list you don't want to be on. One of the attorneys my family uses just got forty four million dollars settlement for a sexual harassment suit. No touching. Her supervisor just asked her to dinner three times and that's all. Get my point? The law rules...not you and your "street gang" with all your big talk. Shut it down!!!

I don't punch people anymore..;.i punch a hole in their wallet...legally.

By the way...a 4.0gpa in law was least thing i ever did. I am already world famous in aerospace, dod and automotive. And don't want or need a toy airplane popularity contest. People wanted my help with this so i did it. It was my first and only post. It brought me down to your level..i guess that makes me and idiot. Maybe not...lol

i get pm's and i always reply. Lot's of great people on this post...you are not one of them.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:13 AM
jmiles1941

good post miles...you neglected to say you only fly futaba and only two pilots flew spektrum at the last contest...once there were three but one crashed with no control...his set up was perfect.
well I didn't want to stir up this , but yes I only fly Futaba , there were 35 pilots at our contest 25 Futaba , 4 Jeti , 4 JR and 2 Spektrum , these guys know you don't want to tear up a 8 to 10 thousand dollar plane , my friend found out the hard expensive way , he is nw the proud owner of a Futaba 14 SG and we had a great contest a lot of fun

Last edited by jmiles1941; 09-21-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:17 AM
jmiles1941

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Any rebuttal, from anyone that calls in question other posters IQ etc will be deleted.

Don't feel put upon, you're not the only one who's posts have been cleaned up.
Hey Andy you going to be at the southeast IMAC Championship in November at Glenn St. Mary Fl. Shadetree ?
Old 09-21-2015, 06:23 AM
GerKonig

Originally Posted by giodog2000
Here we go again with the insults.....maybe it's time to close this thread.
I think the OP has given us ALL the information he is comfortable to share with us at this point.
OP reminded us several times that his statement at page 7 gives us enough information for us to run our own tests. No new development came out of this thread since. This is a dead thread.

I vote : Close!
Since you are new even for a newcomer, some information: In this forum you do not get to vote on the closure of any thread. The solution is easy: do not open the thread, and you are done.

Gerry
Old 09-21-2015, 06:30 AM
BarracudaHockey

Originally Posted by jmiles1941
Hey Andy you going to be at the southeast IMAC Championship in November at Glenn St. Mary Fl. Shadetree ?
I have some friends competing including a few I don't get to see very often so I was planning on running out and doing a pictures and maybe a small write up for one of the magazines.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:33 AM
BarracudaHockey

Then I would invite you to come out and fly and hang out any time at our field.

You have a fascinating background.

Any posts that were removed from this thread were done so because they violated RCU rules of posting, that everyone that signed up agreed to.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:37 AM
giodog2000

Originally Posted by GerKonig
Since you are new even for a newcomer, some information: In this forum you do not get to vote on the closure of any thread. The solution is easy: do not open the thread, and you are done.

Gerry
ok Gerry thats what i will do. But just to
leave u with a thought , any member insulting and calling other morons and idiot like Op just did shold be banned according to forum rules. You are right, because i'm new i don't get it.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:56 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

Originally Posted by barracudahockey
then i would invite you to come out and fly and hang out any time at our field.

You have a fascinating background.

Any posts that were removed from this thread were done so because they violated rcu rules of posting, that everyone that signed up agreed to.
thank you, i lived in melbourne, fl. When i lived in weston, fl i belonged to mppa..i went to usaf flight training in florida.

Imac is having a contest next week in ocalla...all my friends will be there but i don't believe i can travel.

Your friend will be there, he is my friend also, we spent the weekend at the imac contest my club hosted. We do that every year. We also put on the worlds largest swap meet in perry, georgia and have done so for 30 years.

He posts on my thread every day...it is still the number one post...must be a reason.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:17 AM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

... By the way...a 4.0gpa in law was least thing i ever did. I am already world famous in aerospace, dod and automotive. ....
... i WAS ASKED TO SPEAK AT CONGRESS TWICE ...
... I had five full time secretaries, 14 divisions and at one time a six billion dollar budget. I talked they typed...a vice president of boeing once told me that i needed five secretaries to follow me around and take notes...i said great idea and he laughed.
You make many statements of authority, plus many more earlier in the thread about how long you have been flying, USAF pilot, IMAC, pattern, 3-D, etc.. You make these statements the reason why we ought to believe what you say because of these accomplishments and experiences and disbelieve others.

Please, if you are that famous, why don't you post your name and we can Google you and apologize for ever doubting you.

Anyone can makeup any claim on the internet. Very few can back them up.

Paul

Last edited by SkidMan; 09-21-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:18 AM
jmiles1941

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I have some friends competing including a few I don't get to see very often so I was planning on running out and doing a pictures and maybe a small write up for one of the magazines.
That could be Bruce , Doug , Billy , going to be a fun contest see you there man
Old 09-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Turner2

..I really don't care about proving anything to anyone...
Well, that pretty much says it all.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:49 AM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

Thanks for your post but i really don't care about proving anything to anyone.

Jean von austin
Gene,

Thank you for the reply.

I guess that is what I'm having problems with in this conversation and why the thread is so frustrating.

You have made very specific claims, state that you have video and will post it, but offer no evidence other than repeated claims about your achievements in RC and many unrelated fields.

Direct evidence is just that; and is what it is. Little has been provided.

Argument from authority (4.0 in law school, fighter pilot, big planes I have flown, IQ 176, etc) is problematic, and a logical fallacy. That said, I'm going to give a lot more credence to something my doctor says about my health. Just because he says it doesn't make it true, but it is a lot more likely to be true than if someone without the education or experience said it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

At this point neither data nor any evidence of authority has been offered. But there has been plenty of heat, light, and sound from all sides.

But that's OK. I did a little work on Google and quickly found you on another RC forum and your self-posted work history on another public site and have formed my own opinion (The same opinion might develop from reading this thread).

My summary is that we are still where we started, and it is unlikely that the discussion is going to go any farther.
  • If the voltage to a receiver falls below a certain threshold the receiver stop functioning (Someone once posted information about the voltage threshold on several different brands. They were all within a couple 10ths of a volt from each other. Spektrum did not have the lowest threshold on that test.). This is referred to as a brown out.
  • The leading cause for these unexpected brownouts is the power system being unable to maintain an adequate voltage due to either the voltage drop of the battery under load and/or electrical resistance in the system due to small gauge wire, bad connections, etc.
  • There are many battery packs, such as 4-cell NiMh, that are inadequate for aircraft whose control systems require significant amounts of power. You must utilize an appropriate battery chemistry, size, and configuration.
  • Many large planes, with higher power requirements due to control surface size, number of control surfaces, speed, control surface deflection, etc., may require separate power sources for the receiver and the electrical control system.
  • These considerations are true for every receiver manufacturer

Personally, I would like for receiver manufacturers to publish their power ratings, both in terms of mA per channel and amps total. But, truth be told, very few people know the actual control system power requirements of their planes under flight conditions.

BTW - It is nice to see your blog and forum posts on that other forum that are not in all caps!

Paul

Last edited by SkidMan; 09-21-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:56 AM
sro2004

Jean / Gene? Does the OP have the correct spelling of his own name...or does SkidMan?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.