Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: RC Loses Signal

RC Loses Signal

I am new to the RC game. I bought an RC Buggy and it runs great. Problem I have is that it goes for about 50 or so feet and then loses its signal and doesn't run. When I walk up to it, I have to get to within about 10 feet before it gains the signal back and runs again as before. Being new to this, not sure what I can do to fix the issue of signal loss. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Without knowing what radio and what frequency you are using it is hard to even suggest a reason. Have you checked to make sure that the antenna an both the transmitter and receiver are properly attached and deployed? Are your batteries fully charged?

The frequency is 2.4 ghz. Have replaced with new fully charged battery and new batteries in the remote, with same results. Sorry, new to this - where would I find what radio it is?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    If it is a toy-grade vehicle the range is about what you described........very limited.

If it is hobby-grade then you may have a broken antenna on the receiver or transmitter.

Is it new or used?

Where did you buy it?

What is the make and model of the vehicle ?
    Brian Ray

Model is HSP. I actually bought 2 of them. Both same. 2nd car works at great distances. This one is the only one giving me issues. Bought both from RC Hobby Outlet Store

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Send the one car back. Dennis

Sending it back will likely cost more than a new RX/TX combo. You can get a 2 ch flysky for $20, or 3 channel for $30. Try swapping the TX, to see if the car with short range works good with the different transmitter. If not, then it's the receiver.

Hubert