Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RC Loses Signal

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 08:04 PM
QCCPest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Loses Signal

I am new to the RC game. I bought an RC Buggy and it runs great. Problem I have is that it goes for about 50 or so feet and then loses its signal and doesn't run. When I walk up to it, I have to get to within about 10 feet before it gains the signal back and runs again as before. Being new to this, not sure what I can do to fix the issue of signal loss. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem?
Old 03-17-2017, 05:26 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Without knowing what radio and what frequency you are using it is hard to even suggest a reason. Have you checked to make sure that the antenna an both the transmitter and receiver are properly attached and deployed? Are your batteries fully charged?
Old 03-17-2017, 05:43 AM
QCCPest

The frequency is 2.4 ghz. Have replaced with new fully charged battery and new batteries in the remote, with same results. Sorry, new to this - where would I find what radio it is?
Old 03-17-2017, 06:47 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is a toy-grade vehicle the range is about what you described........very limited.

If it is hobby-grade then you may have a broken antenna on the receiver or transmitter.

Is it new or used?

Where did you buy it?

What is the make and model of the vehicle ?
Old 03-17-2017, 07:08 AM
QCCPest

Model is HSP. I actually bought 2 of them. Both same. 2nd car works at great distances. This one is the only one giving me issues. Bought both from RC Hobby Outlet Store
Old 03-17-2017, 08:09 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Send the one car back. Dennis
Old 03-18-2017, 04:52 PM
krokodyl

Sending it back will likely cost more than a new RX/TX combo. You can get a 2 ch flysky for $20, or 3 channel for $30. Try swapping the TX, to see if the car with short range works good with the different transmitter. If not, then it's the receiver.

Hubert