Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

What is it with all the "made in China" Spektrum receiver's

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What is it with all the "made in China" Spektrum receiver's

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 01:31 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is it with all the "made in China" Spektrum receiver's

Looks to me like a lot of people are using China made Spektrum Rx's. I thought these were fake. I say that because I see them listed on RC websites classifieds and people buying them constantly. Do they not realize what they are buying or are they just trusting the made in China clones. Also went through the first 15 pages of the radio, receiver forums and there's no talk of them. I've been out of the hobby for a few years and am wondering are people using them with confidence.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:39 PM
krokodyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, I wouldn't use them. They are fakes, and I highly doubt they have equal performance. The people using them are most llikely flying small foamies, or atleast nothing that they really care about. Spektrum RX prices are not too bad, so I wouldn't risk it. I am not positive how the whole insurance thing with AMA works, but I'm pretty sure that they don't like you using non FCC radio gear. I doubt that the fakes have real FCC.

Hubert
Old 04-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by dan4466
Looks to me like a lot of people are using China made Spektrum Rx's. I thought these were fake. I say that because I see them listed on RC websites classifieds and people buying them constantly. Do they not realize what they are buying or are they just trusting the made in China clones. Also went through the first 15 pages of the radio, receiver forums and there's no talk of them. I've been out of the hobby for a few years and am wondering are people using them with confidence.

Well at the risk of being seen as rude; because they're too _______ to realize what's in their models. All they know is how much it costs. It always amazes me that the heart of an RC model, the radio system and batteries, are the places people are most willing to buy something based strictly on price, but they do.....
Old 04-21-2017, 06:17 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dan4466
Looks to me like a lot of people are using China made Spektrum Rx's. I thought these were fake.

Many of our genuine receivers are made in China. Some in Taiwan. Some in Malaysia.

The fake receivers are the ones available from non-dealers, usually on banggood or ali express or ebay or a small-fry "dealer", usually at "too good to be true" prices. They're often packaged in non-Spektrum packaging, although some counterfeiters have now gone to copying our packaging as well, since so many figured out that to be a key way to tell them apart. The fakes have performance issues, often due to low-grade components. We've even found fake Cypress parts (Cypress makes the RF chips we use) on some of them, so some of the counterfeits are being built with parts that are counterfeits.

We have found counterfeits of all of our receivers except the latest Telemetry line (those with "T" on the end of the name).

If you want to get the real product, you need to buy from an authorized Spektrum dealer.

Andy
Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 AM
krokodyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly. The radio system is one of the most important, so you really don't want to go cheap in that area. Also, If you want to buy the genuine product, avoid amazon, as I have seen fakes on there aswell.

Hubert