Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flap cycle and Spektrum DX7S

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 04:38 PM
FirstCavArmyVet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flap cycle and Spektrum DX7S

Just got the EFlite F4U-4 Corsair and set it up according to the manual, which was pretty much the same as any other BNF aircraft. One thing I haven't been able to get working is the flap cycle time in the radio. Normally it sits on "Inhibit" and I can select it and change it. This time I can't. Could it be the receiver they used? Works just fine on any other spektrum receiver I have bound to it. Even the Timber.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:00 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Shot in the dark here as I do not know that radio specifically; most times if you cannot select something like the flaps, it's because some other mix/setup is using the channel 5 output where flaps are normally found. If that is the case, you can assign the flap operation to another switch/channel with a mix.

Check your servo monitor while trying to operate the flaps as well as the ailerons and elevators, see if that channel 5 is being used for something else?

If that does not help, you're going to have to wait for someone who knows the radio specifically rather than just how Spektrum usually does things like myself.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:19 PM
FirstCavArmyVet

They work on the set flap switch. I just can't do any elevator mixing or set the cycle time. Can't even get into the menu. That is what I found odd.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:37 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well okay, you've got some sort of mix interfering with the flap system's native setup. That is the only way you can get the speed adjustment on the flaps and the compensation on the elevator is by using the flap system.

I would go setup a new model in a different memory slot and see if you can make that work. Be sure of your wing type selection and number of servos installed and see if it works then?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Does the aircraft type show flaps? If it doesnt have 1 flap activated in the wing type, then the flap menu stuff isn't active.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:51 PM
FirstCavArmyVet

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Does the aircraft type show flaps? If it doesnt have 1 flap activated in the wing type, then the flap menu stuff isn't active.

That was it. I had forgotten to go in and setup the wing and elevator type when I bound the plane. Had a feeling I had forgotten something. Thank you sir, works nice now. Got it on a nice slow 1.8 sec cycle now.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:56 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Glad I could help