Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

New ESC and Receiver Which Order/ How to Bind & Calibrate

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New ESC and Receiver Which Order/ How to Bind & Calibrate

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 02:31 PM
1CE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ESC and Receiver Which Order/ How to Bind & Calibrate

Hello Everyone,

I'm setting up an 1/8th scale electric buggy for the first time and have both a new ESC and receiver. Because the receiver is powered by the main battery through the ESC how do I bind the receiver before calibrating the ESC? Conversely, how do I calibrate the ESC if my receiver is not bound to my transmitter? I'm a bit worried if I power up without anything bound while the ESC is attached weird things could happen. Do I need to bind my receiver first using a different power source (like a small receiver power pack used on nitro cars)?

ESC: is a Mamba Monster X
Receiver: Not sure yet but likely a Spektrum SR410 or SRS4210
Transmitter: Spektrum DX4S or DX4C

Thanks for the help! New to the electric side of the hobby!
Old 07-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The easiest way is to leave the ESC disconnected from the receiver and power the receiver with an external 4 or 5 cell Nixx battery while doing the initial binding of the receiver. Once bound, remove the external battery and connect the ESC and it's battery.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:56 PM
1CE

Originally Posted by Rodney
The easiest way is to leave the ESC disconnected from the receiver and power the receiver with an external 4 or 5 cell Nixx battery while doing the initial binding of the receiver. Once bound, remove the external battery and connect the ESC and it's battery.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Old 07-06-2017, 05:12 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

No need to use separate receiver battery pack. Just use the BEC from ESC to power receiver. Worried about something weird happening?...keep tires off the ground or just don't have the motor hooked up to ESC.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:50 PM
1CE

Originally Posted by RustyUs
No need to use separate receiver battery pack. Just use the BEC from ESC to power receiver. Worried about something weird happening?...keep tires off the ground or just don't have the motor hooked up to ESC.
Thanks Rusty. What does "BEC" stand for?

EDIT: BEC= Battery Eliminator Circuit

Last edited by 1CE; 07-09-2017 at 05:13 AM.