Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HITEC 605BB servos chatter...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 07:12 PM
vicar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HITEC 605BB servos chatter...

I have six 605BB's which I bought a long time ago but that did not see the light of day till recently. I mounted then in an airplane and they start chattering as soon as you turn the receiver on. I have moved them around the plane, changed the pushrod geometry, enlarged pushrod exit holes, etc. but the noise does not stop. Changing the subtrim position stops the noise until you actuate the servo.

I wrote to Hitec but have not heard from them yet. I noticed in the Hitec website that this model servo was discontinued, anyone knows why? [sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]
Old 11-11-2003, 02:15 AM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HITEC 605BB servos chatter...

Hey Vicar

I have found that if I have my radio on and its just laying down beside the plane, or somewhere close by it makes my 605 chitter also, but I will turn the radio on and off and it will go away, also sometimes when I'm fueling the plane just fueling it my servo's will go nuts, I think its some type of wierd single in the air coming from something, I just havent figured it out yet, But other then that I love the servo's they have been great to me and I diffently put them to there max use,,,I buy them all of the time and I have not heard anything about them being discoutinued, If you find this out to be 100% please contact me on this I would very much appreacite it...
Thanks

Randy

[email protected]
Old 11-11-2003, 07:23 AM
vicar

Randy,

The 605's have been discontinued. The Hitec site has a list of discontinued servos, among which are the 605's. I was told by one of the techs that the decision was based on the size of the case been an odd one and not having anything to do with servo performance. I am using them on my big plane but are seriously considering on upgrading to the new 635's and move the chattering ones to smaller planes.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Crashem

Vicar,

Chattering Servos don't concern you?

Why not make use of Hitec's World class Cutomer Service AGIAN
Old 11-12-2003, 06:54 PM
vicar

[:@] You got me!

In fairness to Hitec, these are servos that I bought 4-5 years ago and they ended up in the bottom of the box for a long time project. I just finished the plane about a month ago and noticed that one of the servos is constantly making noise. Besides the noise the servo works fine. I contacted Hitec and they suggested to clean the pots but I have not had a chance to do it. I promise you, if the pot cleaning does not solve the problem I will send them for service.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:52 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a bunch of 605 servos, and the only time I've had chatter is trying to run the system on a 6v supply.

Bill.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Crashem

ORIGINAL: vicar

[:@] You got me!
Hope you didn't take my remark personally. I actually am somewhat surprised by the apparent loyalty of Hitec customers especially those that seem to have problems with the products yet still endorse the company. Hitec should consider itself fortunate to have aquired such a customer base.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:36 PM
vicar

Of course I took it personally!

The loyalty maybe due to the fact that the people at Hitec seem to be upon reach of us mere mortals. I have personally spoken (some time ago) with Mike Mayberry, who is high up the ladder. Every time I have called the service dept I get a live person who is willing to take a few minutes to talk to me. Last time I called they were in the middle of the fire storm in CA and we had a short chat regarding the conditions in the area... I'm sure you get my meaning.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:28 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Crashem
Hitec should consider itself fortunate to have aquired such a customer base.
"Acquired" would seem to indicate that we just stumbled across it or purchased it from another source. On the contrary... Hitec has built our customer base from the ground up by offering quality products at affordable prices and provides incredible service to back them up.

Yes, our customers are very loyal and appreciate the value Hitec has to offer even when others try to discredit this.

Mike.