Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Gws S03txf 2bb Servos.. Any Comments?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 04:56 PM
DUHAWK49
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gws S03txf 2bb Servos.. Any Comments?

WELL I HAVE A BUNCH OF THESE NEW SERVOS FROM GWS AND WANTED TO GIVE THEM A TRY IN MY H9 CAP232. IM JUST A SPORT FLYER SO I DONT NEED SOMETHING FOR 3D THOUGH I KNOW THE PLANE IS CAPABLE OF THAT. THE SERVOS HAVE THE FOLLWING SPECS

1.62 OZ WEIGHT
SPEED: .21
TORQUE: 69/OZ
THIS IS AT 4.8 VOLTS
THEY ALSO HAVE DUAL BALL BEARINGS

IM THINKING ABOUT USING THEM FOR THE AILERONS. THE RUDDER AND ELEVATOR I MAY GO WITH A LITTLE HIGHER QUALITY SERVO BUT MY QUESTION IS WILL THEY BE A GOOD CHOICE FOR AILERONS FOR THE MONEY? IM JUST INTO SIMPLE AEROBATICS FOR NOW SO I DONT NEED ANYTHING TOO SPECIAL. LET ME KNOW WHAT YA THINK. OH AND I WAS ALSO THINKING ABOUT PUTTING THEM IN THE AILERONS FOR MY LANIER EDGE 540T THATS COMING SOON.. ID LIKE TO HEAR SOME FEEDBACK

THANKS
Old 06-29-2002, 09:21 AM
wiggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i asked about gws servos awhile back. not to many people seem to have heard of them. have 2 1/4 scales in a 1/4 chimpmunk 10 1/2 kg el/rud. 1 1/2 yrs 2 1/4 1/6 ju 88 22kg el 15 flights. 2mini's beaver.and my zir corsair 2xail,2xflaps no flights.a bit noisier than futaba but one hell of a lot cheaper. my question was on reliability.no falures on flying models. hope this helps
Old 09-27-2002, 02:34 AM
miastorm

I just posted a few on these GWS servos. Check search. Good servo for the money. Reliable for me for many, many,, many, flights. Price is not always the issue. Quality and reliability is what I want as we all do. When the product is new Hummmm...
do we run or look?
Old 09-27-2002, 09:59 AM
wiggles

that is the question. buy and try,may not be as reliable as fut. or jr. but there is only one way to find out.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:49 AM
petergordon
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Gws S03txf 2bb Servos.. Any Comments?

I have just bought 3 of these servos for my 3D Passion 60. I find them very slow. I also bought some of the low profile ones, they are nice a quick. Have not flown the plane yet. Have them on the Aileron and rudder. Not happy with the spped right now though...

Peter
Old 06-01-2004, 02:19 PM
petergordon
My Feedback: (5)

UPDATE!!!

I have flown the plane. I'm no longer concerned with the speed of the S03TXF servos. The plane is plenty agile. Now Ii haven't brought it in close for a good hover, but so far they seem fine.

My problem was with the low profile aileron servos that I bought for the elevators. I stripped two servos immediately. The first time I didn't notice until I had landed. The nex time I had SEVERE flutter on the elevator half (It actually ripped down the side of the fuse below the stab). I have now replaced the gear train with metal gears. Not sure which happened first - stripped gear = flutter, or flutter = stripped gears. Gears shouldn't be a problem now though...

Peter
Old 06-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Peter:
I have them in the 1/4 scale Sig Cap 232 and they work fine. I have about 40 of them in smaller planes down to indoor jobbies and they are all as good as JR and Futaba. Well, maybe a few stripped gears from flying contact Zaggi combat with Rolly.