Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Park Flyer Receivers with Futaba 9C Tx

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:33 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Park Flyer Receivers with Futaba 9C Tx

I'm thinking of getting into Lipo 3D park flyers. I have a Futaba 9C and a Trition Lipo capable charger for starters. Besides the light weight Futaba receiver will a Hitec Electron, GWS, Bluebird, or other ? receivers, .......single conversion also work with the Futaba 9C TX? I would like to know my options and weight restrictions. Thanks
Old 10-24-2005, 08:45 PM
WilsonFlyer

Default RE: Park Flyer Receivers with Futaba 9C Tx

Several of my park flyers have GWS or Hitec's and they work fine with the 9C and the 14MZ. Never a problem. Dual v. single conversion actually has nothing to do with the signal transmitted by the TX. Go for it.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:11 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the GWS 6ch just fine with my 9C. Great Tx BTW!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:24 PM
smokingcrater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only problem you get is with the 9c with a synth tx module and berg synth rx's.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the Hitec Micro 555, electron 6 and the new Micro 5 channel that has a 1 mile range.

I have a 9C and use all Hitec receivers.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:11 AM
GarySS

Thanks for the responses. Smokingcrater, are all Berg Rx's of the synth variety? Does that fact knock Berg's out of the running?

Also does anybody know about Bluebird receivers and servos in the park flyer scene? I'm not interested in this brand in anything larger as I am Futaba/Hitec for anything larger.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:54 PM
aeajr

ORIGINAL: GarySS

Thanks for the responses. Smokingcrater, are all Berg Rx's of the synth variety? Does that fact knock Berg's out of the running?

Also does anybody know about Bluebird receivers and servos in the park flyer scene? I'm not interested in this brand in anything larger as I am Futaba/Hitec for anything larger.

I believe the Berg/Futaba problem was with the 9Z synch. Have not heard that this has carried over to the 9C which uses a differnet synth module.

Don't know anything about Bluebird. I use Hitec and GWS servos for my parkies and Hitec servos for my sailplanes. I have 12 receivers and 10 are Hitec. The others are used receivers that came with planes. I use Hitec whenever possible.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:34 PM
smokingcrater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: aeajr
I believe the Berg/Futaba problem was with the 9Z synch. Have not heard that this has carried over to the 9C which uses a differnet synth module.

Don't know anything about Bluebird. I use Hitec and GWS servos for my parkies and Hitec servos for my sailplanes. I have 12 receivers and 10 are Hitec. The others are used receivers that came with planes. I use Hitec whenever possible.

I haven't verified it first hand, but i think it does carry over.

here is the page from allerc
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...efc269e6b91bda

"These receivers will NOT work with Futaba transmitters using the Futaba Synthesized RF Module or a Futaba transmitter using the Hitec synthesized RF module (ECLIPSE 7 will work with this module)."

since it was fairly common practice to us the hitec module in the 9c, i'm fairly sure that is what they were referring to.

sorry, should have clarified what I wrote, bergs are crystal based DSP, not synth. (thinking one thing, typing another...) they are EXCELLENT receivers and not too bad on price. There is a video out there somewhere of a berg rx behaving perfectly normal with someone else ON THE SAME CHANNEL!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:59 PM
aeajr

FWIW, putting a Hitec synch module in a 9C would void the warranty on the 9C and the Hitec Spectra, violate FCC certification and would nulify your AMA insurance, even if it did work with the berg.

Not a recommended practice.