Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 04:23 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, normal.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:25 AM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is perfectly normal.

Always have your TX on BEFORE powering up the plane.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:50 AM
NV Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

And if you want another opinion (or even if you don't). Thats what they do . When the TX isn't on, all my planes control surfaces move the same way everytime the RX is turned on.
Kind of like a day off from work and the weather is to bad to fly, I don't know where to go either.
Just make sure to turn on the TX first, and off last.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:44 AM
easymoney

Its normal but I think the radio manufacturers should consider this issue as this can strip the gears if the servo is already at its extreme end, mostly in throttle.

I have seen all brand radios but JR has some control over this.

I don't agree to first turn the TX on and off last. First turn on the RX to see whether your Channel is free or not... just be on the safe side
Old 12-19-2002, 08:48 AM
Flyfalcons

It's another one of those issues where it's beyond the design parameters of this equipment. If you use it like a normal person then you won't break anything. They already warn you to have your Tx on before turing on the Rx; why do they need to protect those who don't want to listen?
Old 12-19-2002, 08:57 AM
easymoney

Its perfectly controllable design parameters. If the design uses comparators after the recovered PPM signal from RX and just befor 4015 decoder, then it can be completely removed.

But still unable to understand why the manufacturers don't consider this except few.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:58 PM
Crashem

Originally posted by Whirley Bird

In my book I received there is NOTHING that says the TX should be turned on first.
All it say is how to make and set the throws.
Stop hammering me JUST BECAUSE YOU ASSUME I DID NOT READ SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT THERE.
i RECEIVED ENOUGH NICE FEED BACK.
I CAN DO WITHOUT YOU SAYING I'M NOT NORMAL
ANOTHER BRAVE BEHIND THE KEY BOARD NO BODY
LIGHTEN UP
Lighten up no one was "hammering" you...

The discussions in alot of these threads will sometimes be between the other people posting and not only responses to the threads original poster (i.e. you)

In this case easymony and flyfalcons answered your question then used this thread for a debate between themselves on the merits of designing the equipment to prevent the servos from moving when the Rx is turned on before the Tx.

Just because you started the thread does not mean that it won't go off on a tangent not intended by you.. these things sometimes take on a life of their own...
Old 12-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Flyfalcons

My response was directed at post #7. Sometimes these threads take on a new direction; sorry if I offended you in any way.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:14 PM
Crashem

Read the post. It was directed to me.
Also it's uncalled for to say another person in not normal.

No actually it was not if you reread post number 12 you will see where flyfalcons specifically states it was a response to post number 7 which was not posted by you!!!!!

Also in this post and the others that I've read you seem to take things a little bit out of context!!!! You could easily replace the word normal with average and the response would mean the same thing.

I've read the other threads you have posted and you seem to get upset or take offense easily to those people who take the time to provide a response and opinion to your questions.. but yet these people still try to help you by providing you with possible solutions and even applogize when YOU misunderstand them. Case in point[

My response was directed at post #7. Sometimes these threads take on a new direction; sorry if I offended you in any way.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:42 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Originally posted by easymoney
Its normal but I think the radio manufacturers should consider this issue as this can strip the gears if the servo is already at its extreme end, mostly in throttle.

I have seen all brand radios but JR has some control over this.

I don't agree to first turn the TX on and off last. First turn on the RX to see whether your Channel is free or not... just be on the safe side
It shouldn't strip the gears, as the servos are not trying to hold that position. Its momentary, and shouldn't hurt anything.

I do agree with you to turn on the RC first, then the TX after you see that your channel is free. I've been in that habit for years now. Never stripped any gears, but did have more than one instance where the control surfaces were obviously being controlled by someone else. Both times, there was a person on the frequency that didn't have the pin! Luckily for them I have this habit, as it saved them a plane and me the possible argument proving I had the frequency.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:07 PM
Crashem

Whirley Bird,

I wish you and the 14yr old buy you are building this plane for the best of luck.

BTW You are going to find some experienced help before attempting to fly this model by yourselves?? I would hate to see all your hard work and money wind up in a trash bag after 10 seconds of flight time..

PS:It was much more then 20 minutes from the box to the field.
They always take longer when you are first starting out