Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9C Programing questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 08:26 PM
bipeflyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C Programing questions

I have set up dual elevator servos with a 9C and they are working fine but still have a couple questions about the 9C.

Is there any difference weather I set up the dual elevators in the Ailavator menu, or by using a programed mix? Ive done it both ways but wonder if one way is any better than the other.

In the "Parameters" menu, whats the difference weather I set AIL-2 for channels "5&6" or to"6or7" ?

Ive heard it to be ok to plug the battery power into any channel on the reciever, Mines working fine with battery plugged into channel 5, Is there anything wrong with this?
Old 06-30-2006, 08:59 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: 9C Programing questions

Ailevator or programmed mix, either is fine as long as you link trims in the programmed mix. But why not use the built in mix as opposed to burning one of the programmable mixes?

On your 2nd question, I have no answer.

Yes, you can plug power into any channel... the bus is shared, i.e., it is all internally wired together in the RX so it doesn't matter where the battery is plugged in.

Cheers
Old 06-30-2006, 11:42 PM
bipeflyr
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks John,

Just wanted to be sure of these things before it went up. After I read your reply I took it out for 3 flights and Im pleased with the elevator action. I had been flying it with the servos on a "Y" harness, the left elevator has been raising more than the right just enough to turn slight on take off and pull a little left during large loops, its better now.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:46 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 355 Likes on 285 Posts

The Ailevator is just taking a premix and doing the programming for you.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The aileron settings "5 or 6" and "6 or 7" refers to how the dual aileron premade mixes work. If you are not using a 6 or more channel receiver, then you need the "5 or 6" option. Different premixes put the ailerons on different channels when you are using two servos for aileron. For example, the "Ail Diff" function puts the second aileron on channel 7. The "Flaperon" function puts it on channel 6. That's because normally, channel 6 is considered the "Flap" channel. The Flaperon mixer does the same job you can do with two p-mixes.

Aileron Diff uses channel 7 as the second aileron channel. That's because Futaba normally uses channel 7 for the second aileron. Channel 6 is still considered a 'Flap' channel. The settings will move these over if you only have a 6-channel or 5-channel receiver. Please note that if you have a 5-channel receiver, that some of the aileron mixing functions won't work because the transmitter will be putting the second aileron on channel 6, so you won't have all the options available.