Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6exa setting up flaps

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:20 PM
flmlm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6exa setting up flaps

Hello all,

Just looking for some advice on how to set up flaps on a .40 size ultra stik. I've installed two servos one for each flap using a "y" connector to the receiver. I'm using a Futaba 6exa transmitter and I'd like to set the flaps up on the retract channel. What I've got now is when the retract switch is used one flap goes down and one goes up.

Is there anyway with my current configuration that I can program both servos to work in the same direction? Should the servos be split up and go to a different channel on the receiver and still be operated by the flap switch on the transmitter?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards
Mike
Old 12-20-2006, 05:05 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6exa setting up flaps

Your radio does not support having each flap servo on its own channel

You should have mounted both servos so they face in the same direction so they move in the same direction. If you remount one servo, that would be best.

The alternative is to buy a servo reversing cable to change the direction of one servo. They cost about $27 near the bottom of this page.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/servos.htm

Why don't you put the flaps on the flap channel so you can use the flap/elevator compensation mix?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:20 PM
flmlm

Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply. Both servos are mounted facing the same direction. However both control rods are attached to the same side of each servo. Therefore the only fix that I see would be to relocate the control horn on the flap thats going up to the opposite side of the servo arm. Make sense?

The reason I went to the retract switch is because I like a switch better than a knob but i may change that as well. Thanks again for your comments and Happy Holiday to you and yours.

Regards
Mike
Old 12-23-2007, 10:07 AM
cloud-9

ORIGINAL: aeajr

You should have mounted both servos so they face in the same direction so they move in the same direction. If you remount one servo, that would be best.

The alternative is to buy a servo reversing cable to change the direction of one servo. They cost about $27 near the bottom of this page.

Why don't you put the flaps on the flap channel so you can use the flap/elevator compensation mix?

Hi. Can mine handle them? I have a HR XF631. It has a flap switch, gear switch, and the sticks. It has mixing for flaperons.

Thanks
Jim

Old 12-23-2007, 10:15 AM
cloud-9

ORIGINAL: cloud-9

Hi. Can mine handle them? I have a HR XF631. It has a flap switch, gear switch, and the sticks. It has mixing for flaperons.

Thanks
Jim

Oops, didn't see this was dec 2006, not 2007.

Jim

Old 12-23-2007, 12:26 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: cloud-9

Thanks
Jim

RTFM, READ THE FRIENDLY MANUAL!

I don't know anything about your transmitter. Sorry.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:44 PM
flipstart

If possible it would be better to remount one servo so they are facing each other and flaps operate together-also it is a lot better to use the adj knob so you can gradually add flaps to see how the plane reacts. This also allows you to mix in some down elevator so the plane does not ballon up when flaps are applied. Once you see how the plane reacts to flaps and how much works the best, you can go back to the on-off switch.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:53 PM
cloud-9

ORIGINAL: flipstart

If possible it would be better to remount one servo so they are facing each other and flaps operate together-also it is a lot better to use the adj knob so you can gradually add flaps to see how the plane reacts. This also allows you to mix in some down elevator so the plane does not ballon up when flaps are applied. Once you see how the plane reacts to flaps and how much works the best, you can go back to the on-off switch.
Thanks. I think I agree, but I have no idea how to do this.

Jim

Old 12-23-2007, 08:03 PM
flipstart

What part do you need help on-radio programming or remounting the servo??
Old 12-23-2007, 09:37 PM
cloud-9

ORIGINAL: flipstart

What part do you need help on-radio programming or remounting the servo??

Well, just understanding what this TX can do.

Jim