Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help....9C

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:58 PM
DLT
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help....9C

Just bought a slightly used 9C and have figured out how to program 9 planes already but on my Chipmonk with the flaps and retracts, i'm havig this problem...when I give left aileron control my gear comes down (the ailerons are working also...can someone give me a hand....Thanks, Dave
Old 01-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help....9C

If you have a used 9C, the previous owner may have had some strange mixing added and some of it is not obvious on the screen. I have two 9C's, one a supper that I bought new and another that was used. I am doing a full reset on each model to clear out any unwanted stuff as I'm putting the planes into the used one.

You may start by checking the mixes on the advanced screen. There are several of them, and I wouldn't go by the names, as they may have changed the function of that mix.

One other thing, do you maybe have the gear servo wired to the aileron servo with a Y harness? Dumb question I know, but covering the basics is a habbit after 30+ years in technical support.

There is an Excel spread sheet for recording all the settings. I helps keep track of things.

If you don't see something obvious when you go through the mixes, I woudld do a reset on that model and start over.

Don

Old 01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
DLT
My Feedback: (48)

Thanks....since I posted this a couple of hours ago I actually did a reset...now the gear works like it should but the ailerons don't function now...but i'll fix that tommorrow..I think...ha ha
Old 01-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be a bit careful, I made some changes in my 4*60 a while back, trying for flaperons. I wasn't getting what I wanted, so I just set the switch to null to kill the function. The first flight was wild. When I got it back on the ground both ailerons were up about1/2" Turns out that what I was setting up was also a Flap function, and it was tied to the slider on the right side of the transmitter. I had bumped it during the flight an applied reverse flaps. Now after every change to the settings, if I remember, I wiggle all the switches and knobs to make sure only the ones I wan't are active.

The 9C is a great transmitter. I have three RF modules and an Synthized module. Swapping frequencies is easy and if I ever decide to go to 2.4, I have a couple choices for those modlues also. The only complaint I have about them is that the Beeper is so low volume that I can't hear it. I have quite a bit of hearing loss and even with my hearing aids, I can't pickup the beeper unless my face almost on the transmitter. Flying, forget it. When I first started, I used one of the old clock work egg timers to time my flights. I could pick up the Ding OK. There was a guy at the field Sat that had an electronic kitchen timer mounted on his antenna. Partly a good idea, but thinking about it now, I'm susprised it didn't screw up his range. Didn't seem to bother him though. I decided after a year that I wouldn't go for long duration flights and I usually am ready to land after about 10 minutes and all of my planes will do from 15 to 20 minutes so even if I screw up my internal timer, I don't run out of fuel. I thought about picking up a high DB module and replacing the stock one, but after a while, it became a non-issue..

Don

Old 01-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Gulliver

[quoteThere is an Excel spread sheet for recording all the settings. I helps keep track of things. ][/quote]

Where do get the Excel spreadsheet for recording the settings.

I developed one for myself and would like to compare them.

Thanks