Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR9303 Throttle ratchet

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 05:22 PM
black alder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR9303 Throttle ratchet

Hi,
Is there any way to disable the throttle ratchet on the JR 9303 transmitter. A friend has a Multiplex transmitter and he was able to accomplish this.
I find the throttle without the ratchet to give a little more smooth control at low landing speeds where a small throttle adjustment may be necessary on approach.
Thanks
Old 05-16-2008, 05:29 PM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: JR9303 Throttle ratchet

There are several ways to accomplish this. However, this is the part you need to order to "do it right."

Smooth Ratchet,10,10S,347,388
[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=JRPA636]http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=JRPA636[/link]

You'll have to take the back off the TX and replace the notched ratchet with the smooth ratchet. I installed it on my X9303 a couple weeks ago.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:24 PM
black alder

Thanks for the info regarding the part number. I will try and order one. Unfortunately I cannot find a dealer in Canada and I asume that even though the cost of the part is less than $2.00 the shipping and time delay will be astronomical. How much of a job is it to replace the original ratchet with the smooth ratchet?
Thanks
Old 05-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Have you tried loosening the screw that puts tension on the metal ratchet ? If I loosen mine up its very slick with just a hint of feeling the teeth You can also try slipping a piece of fuel tubing over the metal.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:47 PM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

It's not a big job to swap the ratchet. Just remove the back cover (p. G14-15 of the manual) and remove the two screws holding the ratchet strap on.

If you're in a really big hurry, another possible option is maybe flatten the existing ratchet. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS and I'M NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK, but it seems plausible to me that you could take the existing ratchet out and flatten it with a hammer and shape it like the smooth ratchet in the picture. Just thinking out loud.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 PM
cmoore806
My Feedback: (82)

not sure if it matters anymore but Ijust took the ratchet 'bar' off, turned it upside down, and put it back on so the bump was facing away. That is going to hold me over until the smooth 'ratchet' part gets to me (on backorder at horizon).