Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Have you encountered this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 02:31 PM
brancolitw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you encountered this?

Have you ever jammed by someone?

Our friends and I found that a frequency jam always push the plane down. I.e. Push Elev (channel 2 as for Futaba) down.
Not pull up, rudder left or others.

Any idea?
Can I solve/minimize such jam by placing Elevator to, e.g. channel 5 for Mpx Tx?
Old 05-19-2003, 05:34 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds most unlikely. I think you are seeing some other effect. Interference works at random, affecting any but usually all controls, and in any direction. It can not single out servo 2 or its direction.

Harry
Old 05-19-2003, 05:38 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to assume you are talking about when someone turns on and you are on the same freq?

I use PCM, it is less affected by getting hit, and if you do, it goes to a pre-programmed position. I like that better, but the PCM part is way nicer. I have been in the air a couple times when someone turns on their trans on the same freq. It didn't affect me. Their plane went nuts on the ground, luckily it wasn't the other way. They would have gone down.