Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 03:28 PM
theSteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

"new upgraded antenna and slider switches"

What does this mean? How do you know if you have "old non upgraded antenna and switches"

When was this change made?

Thanks!

Douglas
Old 05-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Garret H
My Feedback: (15)

The old antenna was extendable....the new version is not. As far as I know, they simply found it was not necessary to acquire the massive range of this system.

Garret
Old 05-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Howard

I have a brand new SD10-G with 10 channel receiver for sale for $369. I just received this radio from Hobby People and it has the new upgraded antenna and slider switches. I charged the battery to make sure everything was working but, nothing else has been used in any way. It comes complete with everything that Hobby People ships with the radio including all original packaging and the blank warranty card you need to fill out and return. The plastic screen protector is still in place.

The price is firm at $369 and I pay the shipping to the lower 48 via UPS - additional insurance is a buyer responsibility. You can email me, PM or call me at 321-639-8382. I am retired so I am at the flying field or in the garage working on something. I did the maiden of my new H9 Taylorcraft a week ago and I plan to be at the field all this Friday flying it. If you are interested please look at my past ratings. I will give folks on this thread a chance to responsd and then I plan to post it on the RCU 'buy-sell' board.

Howard
Howard,

I have The H9 Taylorcraft as well with a DLE 30 on the business end. Very nice flyer. What are the slider switches? All the pics I've seen of the SD-10G looks like the antenna that is not extendable. Why are you selling this TX if you just got it. Just curious.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does the upgraded slider switches consist of?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

ORIGINAL: Howard

I have a brand new SD10-G with 10 channel receiver for sale for $369. I just received this radio from Hobby People and it has the new upgraded antenna and slider switches. I charged the battery to make sure everything was working but, nothing else has been used in any way. It comes complete with everything that Hobby People ships with the radio including all original packaging and the blank warranty card you need to fill out and return. The plastic screen protector is still in place.

The price is firm at $369 and I pay the shipping to the lower 48 via UPS - additional insurance is a buyer responsibility. You can email me, PM or call me at 321-639-8382. I am retired so I am at the flying field or in the garage working on something. I did the maiden of my new H9 Taylorcraft a week ago and I plan to be at the field all this Friday flying it. If you are interested please look at my past ratings. I will give folks on this thread a chance to responsd and then I plan to post it on the RCU 'buy-sell' board.

Howard
Folks are asking me why I am selling my new SD10-G. In the last several years I have owned a number of radios because I honestly enjoy them. I have read all of the better radio operator manuals to try to find the radio that would be my best fitl. I have decided to stick with just one radio and that is my Futaba 14MZ. There are some very useful features that are on the SD10-G that are not on my 14MZ and also the reverse is true. I have had the Futaba for about a year now and I just got the SD10-G. I am also ok with just keeping the SD10-G and maybe using it down the road but, for the time being I am going to concentrate on the 14MZ and do my best to master the programming. I wish the Futaba manual was as well written as the Airtronics but, it is not even in the competition in that category. I am working on a GP Super Stearman and my wife just told me that Santa is bringing me the new Aeroworks Cessna 195 for Fathers Day - I think that staying with one radio will be helpful in reducing some of the confusion. That is the reason I am selling the SD10-G.

Howard
Old 05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
rlmcnii
My Feedback: (3)

Old 05-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Zippi

Mike,

Did you ever find out when the SD-10G will be available from Hobby People? Every time I look the date just keeps getting pushed back. Now it has been pushed back once again to 6/4/10. I would be satisfied by just knowing what month.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:31 PM
edulago

Hi Everybody,

could someone give me an idea about how can try the Zeroing Out Trim (page 63 of the manual) when using a v-tail aircraft (using the transmitter mix function). Of course I can use the guess/try method until get the same control surfaces position, but I'm looking for something more rational ...

Mike,

it would be wonderful to have this function implemented on the transmitter instead of let this adjustment to the user. My old simple Futaba 4EXA could do that automatically (even using the transmitter mixing)... Of course I prefer my super SD-10G , but this function helps a lot... Who knows if in a future firmware update we couldn't get this!!!

Best Regards
Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 PM
HFrank

ORIGINAL: JeffH

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

s1 through s5 are your stick switches. You can assign them to any function and any stick movement. the trims you mention are for heli only. in aero mode they do not do anything
Mike,

I would love to see T5 and T6 be turned into real switches. They are in a great place for funciton like lights, canopy open/close, tail hooks etc. Could that be a possible software upgrade?

I think that would be even better if T5 and T6 could be assignable to any MIX to fine tune it when in flight
Old 06-18-2010, 10:29 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I finally joined the club. My SD-10G is charging as I type this.

I really like the feel of the transmitter in my hand, and I was pleasantly surprised by how lightweight it is. What's not lightweight is the manual! That is one impressive product guide.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Zippi

I received my SD-10G TX and it's a very nice looking and well balanced radio. A little on the big size when it comes to reaching all the switches but very nice. I watched a video of a fellow explaining about the TX and some of it's funtions and one in particular I'm interested in setting up on my new S2 cub. He talked about setting up the flaps with the throttle and how the flaps would automatically come back up slowly at 3/4 throttle if you happen to overshoot the runway and have to go around. I need a little help on setting that up. Thanks.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
aydin3
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Zippi

I received my SD-10G TX and it's a very nice looking and well balanced radio. A little on the big size when it comes to reaching all the switches but very nice. I watched a video of a fellow explaining about the TX and some of it's funtions and one in particular I'm interested in setting up on my new S2 cub. He talked about setting up the flaps with the throttle and how the flaps would automatically come back up slowly at 3/4 throttle if you happen to overshoot the runway and have to go around. I need a little help on setting that up. Thanks.
I think you have to programme that using a stick swtch and a mix.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:16 PM
bigbuster
My Feedback: (12)

I recieved my 10G a few months ago and until today I have not had the chance to fly it until today. I had been a bit shy about the first flight due to mthe fact that my 8000 cost me 2 brand new planes as it would freeze sometimes and lock me out. "water under the bridge". With the radio installed in my faithfull old Funtana 90, I headed to the field. I am coming from a JR. Graupner mc24 a great radio but I never did anything new without the book, the radio was capable of everything but it took some getting used to in order to get it out of the thing. Now the 10G is as simple as can be and I am glad I purchased it because I went back and forth between the 10G and the Hitec a9. i am glad i went with the 10G I have read some not so glamorous things about the A9.

After not flying for over a year, I was pleasently supprised when my trusty old ys 120sc cranked right up. I have flown that engine for 5 yrs and only made 1 needle change because I went from 20% to 30% nitro fuel. Well the radio was setup at the house so it performed flawlesslyI felt my rust when making turns and on landing. I normally fly with a tray but can go either way. The radio feels extremely connected and any programming I needed to do was done off the cuff. Love this radio but the thoughts of the 8000 locking out scares the heck out of me.

Has anyone had any problems wih this system?

have a nice day
Jeff
Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: bigbuster

I recieved my 10G a few months ago and until today I have not had the chance to fly it until today. I had been a bit shy about the first flight due to mthe fact that my 8000 cost me 2 brand new planes as it would freeze sometimes and lock me out. "water under the bridge". With the radio installed in my faithfull old Funtana 90, I headed to the field. I am coming from a JR. Graupner mc24 a great radio but I never did anything new without the book, the radio was capable of everything but it took some getting used to in order to get it out of the thing. Now the 10G is as simple as can be and I am glad I purchased it because I went back and forth between the 10G and the Hitec a9. i am glad i went with the 10G I have read some not so glamorous things about the A9.

After not flying for over a year, I was pleasently supprised when my trusty old ys 120sc cranked right up. I have flown that engine for 5 yrs and only made 1 needle change because I went from 20% to 30% nitro fuel. Well the radio was setup at the house so it performed flawlesslyI felt my rust when making turns and on landing. I normally fly with a tray but can go either way. The radio feels extremely connected and any programming I needed to do was done off the cuff. Love this radio but the thoughts of the 8000 locking out scares the heck out of me.

Has anyone had any problems wih this system?

have a nice day
Jeff

Only problem I have had with it is not enough time to use the darn thing of late!!! It is an really nice radio!! I also have an RDS8000 and I like that as well now I have replaced the wiring in it.

Dave L
Old 06-21-2010, 11:20 PM
bigbuster
My Feedback: (12)

yeah, time is hard to come by these days. I still have my 8000 as well it was replaced by airtronics. I haven't flon in over a year so the whole new radio
and rut ad me a bit on edge. I especially went out today so that I would be alone. New clu as well.Jus put her on the charge, want to try it again tomorrow.
Hopefully on the weekend I can get out some bigger stuff. Been playing with the programming and mixes to gt all the couplin out whenin kife edge.

jeff
Old 06-22-2010, 05:46 AM
CUB1
My Feedback: (11)

Dave,
What wires did you replace in the 8000?

John
Old 06-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Zippi

CUB1,

I think Dave is talking about the wires on the gimbals inside the TX. My aileron wire broke off mine and cost me and expensive plane. I have since sent my TX in for repair and all is well. I have also just received my new SD-10G.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:04 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: CUB1

Dave,
What wires did you replace in the 8000?

John
I only replaced the rudder wires as that was the only one affected, but after seeing all the stories of problems with the other gibal wires I am going to replace them all just to be safe. It only takes about an hour to do so is well worth the time.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:53 PM
HFrank

Hello !!, according to Hobby People's page, one of the features of this radio is : "Easily Activated and Inhibited Inc/Dec Switch Allows The Pilot to Adjust Mixing Ratios In-Flight " but I've not found in the manual how to do this [], can anyone tell me please the page where this function is explained?

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
DennisD

ORIGINAL: HFrank

Hello !!, according to Hobby People's page, one of the features of this radio is : ''Easily Activated and Inhibited Inc/Dec Switch Allows The Pilot to Adjust Mixing Ratios In-Flight '' but I've not found in the manual how to do this [], can anyone tell me please the page where this function is explained?

Thanks.
Hi There HFrank,

In the switch menu, you assign INC/DEC to switch positions. It is intended to use the self-centering toggle (on the top left forward position switch).

Once assigned, you then bring up the mix you want to adjust while flying.

You will see if you move the switch now you can increase or decrease the mix percentage showing on the screen.

Take off, adjust accordingly, land. Exit the mix screen. If you're done adjusting things in the air, un-assign inc/dec in the switch menu.

Regards,
Old 06-23-2010, 05:52 AM
CUB1
My Feedback: (11)

Dave,
I thought you meant the gimbal wires, they are very thin. When I got my 8000 I went the back to tighten up the tension on the stick springs and I said these are the thinest wires I ever saw for gimbals. I sold the Tx and went back to using my Stylus with is about 15 yrs. old. The SDG 10 has thicker wires thank God and I am happy with the Tx so far.

I would have rather paid more$$$$for a Tx that had the right size guage wires in it.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:20 AM
Zippi

I just got one of my planes set up with my SD-10G. I haven't done a range check yet but I was reading a few post about if your using FH1 modulation you can't get more than 15 paces away from the plane before it's out of range but the plane flys fine. Unless I missed it, I only read about getting 30 paces on a range check in the manual. I'm using the 92824 8CH receiver on FH1. Unless this was an isolated case, can someone shed a little light on this please ???
Old 06-23-2010, 07:50 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

ORIGINAL: Zippi

I just got one of my planes set up with my SD-10G. I haven't done a range check yet but I was reading a few post about if your using FH1 modulation you can't get more than 15 paces away from the plane before it's out of range but the plane flys fine. Unless I missed it, I only read about getting 30 paces on a range check in the manual. I'm using the 92824 8CH receiver on FH1. Unless this was an isolated case, can someone shed a little light on this please ???
I have had my SD10G for almost a year. I have all but one airplane set up on the FH1 8 channel receivers. I consistently get 30 paces on mine.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 AM
HFrank

ORIGINAL: DennisD

ORIGINAL: HFrank

Hello !!, according to Hobby People's page, one of the features of this radio is : ''Easily Activated and Inhibited Inc/Dec Switch Allows The Pilot to Adjust Mixing Ratios In-Flight '' but I've not found in the manual how to do this [], can anyone tell me please the page where this function is explained?

Thanks.
Hi There HFrank,

In the switch menu, you assign INC/DEC to switch positions. It is intended to use the self-centering toggle (on the top left forward position switch).

Once assigned, you then bring up the mix you want to adjust while flying.

You will see if you move the switch now you can increase or decrease the mix percentage showing on the screen.

Take off, adjust accordingly, land. Exit the mix screen. If you're done adjusting things in the air, un-assign inc/dec in the switch menu.

Regards,

Thanks DannisD, now I understand it. BTW I think this should be explained somewhere in the manual, but it is not.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Zippi

gsmith6879,

Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.