Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 04:26 AM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JIMF14D;11635030]
Originally Posted by Michel
Hi

Drum roll please .

Michel[/QUOT
Get those credit cards warmed up and go for it!
Jim D
Well as of this AM most of the 9X versions at tower except for the 9 channel Maxima Rx version are "not in stock..........mid-Oct" again.
The 9x is a hot seller already or Tower only had a few in stock I guess!
Jim D
Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

OK.... I will try to explain what I said in the earlier post.. In order to work the Maxima receivers you have to switch to them. If using the Optima receivers you have to switch to them.. Make sense? Here are some pictures...

Originally Posted by JIMF14D
Well it ended up that way I guess because I thought I was adding useful info to a topic that you had addressed previously. No harm intended for sure.
Jim D
Old 10-11-2013, 09:44 AM
JIMF14D

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
OK.... I will try to explain what I said in the earlier post.. In order to work the Maxima receivers you have to switch to them. If using the Optima receivers you have to switch to them.. Make sense? Here are some pictures...
I guess I confused the issue by responding to your previous post with my questions to and info from Hitec. I understood the programing switch stuff. I was trying to make sure I understood the resolution, update rates and servo info for the new and old RXs with the 9x before I plunk down my lunch money for a new A9x.
Jim D
Old 10-15-2013, 11:49 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Free HPP-22 and Optima 7 RX

Free HPP-22 and Optima 7 RX
plus additional bonus offers with the purchase of an Aurora 9X! = PDF
Extract from PDF:
Buy any Aurora 9X 2.4GHz radio system between October 1st, 2013 and December
31st 2013 and receive a free HPP-22 PC Interface and an Optima 7 2.4GHz Receiver!
Offer good to purchases in US, Canada or Mexico ONLY
. Order form must be accompanied by a legible copy of your purchase receipt and the UPC code from the box.
Purchase receipt must show radio was ordered between 10/1/2013 & 12/31/2013.
Limit one offer per household. Bonus offers subject to limited availability

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-15-2013, 01:16 PM
JIMF14D

Hey, my new 9X Tx with 9 channel Maxima is in shipping from Tower now.....
Jim D
Old 10-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
Jim,.................. I,m glad you don,t see me drooling ,.......................

Michel
Old 10-15-2013, 01:57 PM
JIMF14D

Originally Posted by Michel
Hi
Jim,.................. I,m glad you don,t see me drooling ,.......................

Michel
Just think, on Friday I will be the worst flyer in the USA with a 7ms Tx update rate..........LOL
Old 10-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Michel

Hi
Now you're just being nasty .

Michel
Old 10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
JIMF14D

Not being nasty. Just a way of saying that I will have a TX that is much better than I am a flyer!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Michel

Hi
Ohhhhh ,..... OK ,.............. Than I,m being nasty , because , I,m still drooling

I,m sure you,ll get us up to speed when you get it

Michel
Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM
gjhinshaw

The only bad side of this is that the A9X and the Maxima receivers are not up on the site for any upgrades, or anything yet.... But will be nice to have in the future... To bad the receiver isn't a Maxima!!

Originally Posted by A.T.

Extract from PDF:
31st 2013 and receive a free HPP-22 PC Interface and an Optima 7 2.4GHz Receiver!
. Order form must be accompanied by a legible copy of your purchase receipt and the UPC code from the box.

Alan T.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:50 PM
gjhinshaw

LOL... Jim, you are going to really like the radio!! Put a high speed digital servo on it and watch it blaze back and forth!! That was the first thing I did...LOL

Originally Posted by JIMF14D
Not being nasty. Just a way of saying that I will have a TX that is much better than I am a flyer!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:41 AM
bjb050
My Feedback: (1)

I got mine yesterday from the local hobby store (ordered in May). Will be flying it for the first time today on a H9 P51 (40 size). This is my first experience with a Hitec, migrating from a Spektrum.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:01 AM
gjhinshaw

NICE!!! Have fun with it, let me know if you need any help with something......
Gerry

Originally Posted by bjb050
I got mine yesterday from the local hobby store (ordered in May). Will be flying it for the first time today on a H9 P51 (40 size). This is my first experience with a Hitec, migrating from a Spektrum.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:52 AM
lunarhemal

Originally Posted by A.T.

Extract from PDF:

Alan T.
Hello Alan
I am planning to purchase A9X by Dec. and take benefit of the offer. However, I am already using A9 and also have a HPP22. Is there any provision to replace that with another receiver instead - maybe 9ch Optima or 7 ch Maxima ??? A loyalty bonus kind of !!!

Looking forward !!

Hemal
Old 10-18-2013, 12:22 PM
A.T.

Originally Posted by lunarhemal
Hello Alan
I am planning to purchase A9X by Dec. and take benefit of the offer. However, I am already using A9 and also have a HPP22.
Is there any provision to replace that with another receiver instead - maybe 9ch Optima or 7 ch Maxima ???
A loyalty bonus kind of !!! Looking forward !! Hemal
Sorry, that is an offer from the USA distributor so can not comment om their promotions.
However, if any similar offer, be it Hitec or other brand of RC system even household whiteware etc,
was made in this country, it would be fixed with no variations, buyer could always on sell any extra unit.

Alan T.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:21 PM
JIMF14D

LOL... Jim, you are going to really like the radio!! Put a high speed digital servo on it and watch it blaze back and forth!! That was the first thing I did...LOL
Got the 9X on Thursday and have loaded a few models. Will fly it tomorrow with Optima 7 equipped plane. Tx seems lighter and slimmer without the module. Also binding is simpler with touch screen instead of module push button.

I will now be able to sell my trained monkey who helped hold all the buttons in while applying power to Rx etc with the A9 Tx...LOL.

Have fired it up with Maxima 9 Rx and some HS-5065MG digital servos and things seem quick and smooth. Will eventually put that Rx and digital servos in a new 3Dhobby Edge 48 I have in the box. Sent in my 9x offer paperwork to Hitec yesterday.
Lots of 9X systems showing up in Ebay today!

Unfortunately the wind is blowing in NY this week end but should get flying with the 9x tomorrow................

Jim D
Old 10-23-2013, 10:50 PM
lunarhemal

Hello Jim D,
Waiting for your flight reviews on 9X !!!
Do you really feel connected to the planes ?? As in original A9, there was a major lag in latency response when I flew side by side with 8FG - (Same Heli)
I am all set to go for New A9X very soon. so looking for some real comparative reviews. I am sure A9X will never let us down as A9 is already a great product overall.

To all those owners of new A9X, please send in your honest reviews and videos ASAP.
Happy FAST Flying !!!

Hemal
Old 10-24-2013, 03:42 AM
bjb050
My Feedback: (1)

My first (and only so far) flight went well. (Winds picked up 15-20 mph. Typical for Nebraska). Range checking and binding are a breeze compared to old Aurora (so I'm told). System was very responsive and controls were smooth. I set the exponential too high for my taste (50% - per recommendation in manual) and will back off to 30%, which is where I had it with my Spektrum.

I hope to get out this weekend and get in more flights.

Bernie
Old 10-24-2013, 04:48 AM
gjhinshaw

I know you asked Jim to respond to your post, But if I may step in here........ I have a Blade 450X Heli. with Turnigy S306G-HV servos. These are digital HIGH speed full metal gear servos, The speed is 0.06
The Hitec A9X is GREAT!! I am running the Maxima 9 on the helicopter and NOW it is SO fast that it is a BLUR doing stunts now!! To me the A9X frame rate is correct. Anyways sorry for stepping in.....
Gerry

Originally Posted by lunarhemal
Hello Jim D,
Waiting for your flight reviews on 9X !!!
Do you really feel connected to the planes ?? As in original A9, there was a major lag in latency response when I flew side by side with 8FG - (Same Heli)
I am all set to go for New A9X very soon. so looking for some real comparative reviews. I am sure A9X will never let us down as A9 is already a great product overall.

To all those owners of new A9X, please send in your honest reviews and videos ASAP.
Happy FAST Flying !!!

Hemal
Old 10-24-2013, 08:00 AM
gjhinshaw

Just thought I would post this as I have been asked many times......In regards to the A9X Telemetry .... On the A9X you have 3 receivers to chose from...... You have the Optima, Mini, and the Maxima (low Latency)
On the Optima you can use the Telemetry program, If you are using the New Maxima Low Latency receiver or the Minima you will NOT be able to use the Telemetry. This receiver is only a one way therefore unable to use the telemetry system. You will also notice that in the Maxima mode you will NOT see the Sensor program. If using the other receivers you will see the Sensor program.
Let me know if you need further help with anything and I hope this helps you to understand why you don't see the program.
Gerry H.

Last edited by gjhinshaw; 10-24-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:42 AM
A.T.

Just thought I would post this as I have been asked many times......In regards to the A9X Telemetry .... On the A9X you have 3 receivers to chose from...... You have the Optima, Mini, and the Maxima (low Latency)
On the Optima and Mini you can use the Telemetry program, If you are using the New Maxima Low Latency receiver you will NOT be able to use the Telemetry. This receiver is only a one way therefore unable to use the telemetry system. You will also notice that in the Maxima mode you will NOT see the Sensor program. If using the other receivers you will see the Sensor program.
Let me know if you need further help with anything and I hope this helps you to understand why you don't see the program.
Gerry H
Small correction, only the Optima are transceivers, the Minima and Maxima do not have any telemetry features.
. Hitec Receivers

More information available Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9X, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:53 PM
gjhinshaw

As AT has all the answers, I am not needed here anymore......... have fun and see ya at the field...................................
Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 PM
lunarhemal

As AT has all the answers, I am not needed here anymore......... have fun and see ya at the field...................................
Hi Gerry
Thanks for answering my questions. Much appreciated.
Actually I ask all owners of A9X to respond. So that we all get more and more reviews of A9X.
AT might have all answers but flight reports will surely come from you.
Be in touch.

Hemal
Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 PM
gjhinshaw

One last post.... The A9X in AMERICA will not come with a paper manual. They will know only be on a disc. If you want paperback, download it than copy to paper.....
THIS IS FOR AMERICAN A9X ONLY... I do NOT know of the rest of the world....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.