Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:15 PM
tomlee
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Gee whiz guys, I do not understand what all this battery changing plugs is all about. I simply went to Hangtimes and ordered a 2000mah Enloop pack designed for my A9 and when the battery indicator gets down to around 50% or so, I plug the wall wart into the radio and go to bed. The next day, the radio is ready to go again.

Cheers,

Tom
Old 04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: tomlee

Gee whiz guys, I do not understand what all this battery changing plugs is all about. I simply went to Hangtimes and ordered a 2000mah Enloop pack designed for my A9 and when the battery indicator gets down to around 50% or so, I plug the wall wart into the radio and go to bed. The next day, the radio is ready to go again.

Cheers,

Tom
If all you want to do is recharge or top off the battery then the wall wart is fine. But if you use a Lipo, or have a more complex charger and wish to cycle the battery or use peak detection charging,etc. then you had better remove the battery from the Tx and not attempt to do these things through the charge port on the Tx. Don't risk damaging the radio if you want to do anything more than a simple slow charge through the Tx charge port.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 AM
LQUAN
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: RadarController

Got a question guys.. I've read about the advantages/disadvantages of Digital/Coreless and Analog servos. Do Digital servos infact ''center'' better than Analog, or is it just the holding power that's better and they're otherwise the same as Analogue/Coreless in that aspect? Another question too.. I use Mode 2/Throttle left stick.. I like smooth with a non-ratchet feel. Problem is.. It's smooth, but it's too easy to move up and down. No resistance. Anyway to make it harder to push via the screws in the back?
Digital servo centers better than analog servo - higher motor step resolution. Some high-end digital and analog servos featured coreless motors. Coreless motor moves faster than the standard 3-poles motor. Coreless motor draws more current than 3-poles. Digital servo with coreless motor combination draws the highest current; they are the strongest. Digital servo has better noise filtering circuitry. Digital servo are designed not to react to noise in signal line while it is not possible to have such small practical filtering circuitry in analog servo.

You can tighten the screw in the back for the throttle stick. It takes a 2.5mm allen (hex) key. Don't force a small phillips head in there, you will really screw it up!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:33 AM
bss_rcu

Mike,
How to de-link an already bound optima? (suppose I loan my "bound" rx to someone in field who also has A9 and binds to this rx; until I de-link the rx from my A9, won't we have interference?)

Why not have an enhancement in next ver of software which has screens to show the list of all the rxs (say, some id?) which were/are bound to this tx and the status of binding?

Also, can't we have simpler way of binding the rxs? Say, connect the rx to tx through some connector (to trainner port?) and say somewhere in screen " bind now" and it's done!!

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
JIMF14D

I would hope that once he binds the Rx to his Tx, your A9 is out of the picture. If not we are all in trouble. The Rx can only bind to one code at a time I sure hope. When he lgoes through the link process he is essentially de-linking all outer Tx.

Mike, helps us here!
Jim D
Old 04-19-2010, 02:47 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D I would hope that once he binds the Rx to his Tx, your A9 is out of the picture. If not we are all in trouble. The Rx can only bind to one code at a time I sure hope. When he lgoes through the link process he is essentially de-linking all outer Tx. Mike, helps us here! Jim D
The Optima receiver can only bind to one transmitter at a time. Accordingly, when using a buddy system, an Aurora used as a master TX must be bound to the receiver in use.
Each time the receiver is bound to a TX, it automatically disconnects from the previous transmitter in the same way as a Bluetooth earpiece binds to only one cellphone at a time.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

Is it possible to have more than 30 models setup with the HPP-22? Or would i need 2 transmitters?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:09 PM
jpcr44

I have a Harrier 90 with a 9 channel RX and a U can do 60 with a 7 channel RX when I turn on the harrier and the u can do both planes work. The transmitter is on the Harrier model.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:44 PM
AJsToyz

Thats perfectly normal, thats why you want to turn the radio on and select the proper model before powering up your plane.

Andy
Old 04-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dewey2

Is it possible to have more than 30 models setup with the HPP-22? Or would i need 2 transmitters?
Hi
Pardon me for asking ,.................................. do you really have more that 30 models ?

Thats a ***** load of receivers

Michel
Old 04-20-2010, 05:16 PM
JIMF14D

Interesting
Old 04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Dewey2 Is it possible to have more than 30 models setup with the HPP-22? Or would i need 2 transmitters?
The HPP-22 is purely an interface,it does not store any information. Use the HPP-22 to store as many models as you wish on your PC/Laptop etc and transfer backwards and forwards or even swap fileswith other people.

ORIGINAL: Dewey2 Hi Pardon me for asking ,.................................. do you really have more that 30 models ? Thats a ***** load of receivers Michel
Like some other regular modellers, have many more than 30 models but only say 25 RX on a range of 27, 29,35, 36, 40 72Mhz & 2.4Ghz.. Simplyswap between models as and when required. Care needs to be taken with RX left in models, especially insheds, that fluctuating weather (humidity)conditionsdoes not induce corrosion on pins or circuit board- regular removal and swappingallows inspection for good cleanconnections, especially switch harness lead.
See also sub Section "Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures " under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Regards
Alan T.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:59 PM
jpcr44

The procedure I used was I turn on the radio select the Harrier model it asked me to transmitter and I push yes. Then turn on the airplane and it works fine, while everything is on I turn on the other plane and it works too. I just than to remember to get the model name right.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

ORIGINAL: Dewey2

Hi
Pardon me for asking ,.................................. do you really have more that 30 models ?

Thats a ***** load of receivers

Michel

I had 90 something rtf before my heart tried to kill me in 07 lol. Got out of the hobby and between planes helis and micros see maybe 50 coming back. I'm sold on the Aurora now reminds me of a 10x
Old 04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
AJsToyz

That's it!

That is the nice thing with the Aurora, you have the option to check the model before hitting transmit. Then if you decide to change models you have that option again with the next model with out shutting down the transmitter.

Andy
Old 04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
AJsToyz

Dewey,

I see an HPP-22 in your future!! LOL

Andy
Old 04-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Michel

Hi Dewey2

Thanks for answering that , just.... plane.... curiosity . I,ve always considered , myself as...... NOT WELL.......in the hobby , but there are those . . Glad to hear youre having so much fun , ............. thats the way to do it . I,ll need 24 more to catch up .

Michel
Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 AM
wshall

ORIGINAL: A.T.

ORIGINAL: wshall
ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello I think the analogs move if the TRANSMITTER is not transmitting RF....my experience with the A9 to this point is that it is TX ''on'' first, THEN Rx....and reverse at end of flight. Isn't that in the instructions?

I have an analog servo for the throttle in my extra - all the rest are digital. The throttle servo bumps when I turn on the receiver the rest don't. Scott
http://<font color=''#22229c''><u>Op... On</u></font> Reason & Prevention of Servo Wag (especially when switching on some ESC) .

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Thanks Alan, I went digital on the throttle just to be safe.

WSHall
Old 04-21-2010, 11:49 AM
JIMF14D

I flew my 70 4 stroke Harrier 3D fun fly today with the Optima 7 channel Rx and the promotional 2.4ghz TX module installed in my Eclipse 7 Tx. Things worked fine out to ranges that are the limit of my old eyeballs. Ground check range is over 150 paces. I forgot to unscrew the 72MHZ antenna but things were still ok.

I intend to keep the trusty Eclipse as a back up to my A9.

Still waiting for my 2 coupon receivers. Hope they are not on an air freighter parked in Iceland........

Jim D
Old 04-22-2010, 08:16 PM
PlaneInsane
My Feedback: (5)

Has anyone else converted their 2.4 module to internal wiring yet and documented how they did it? The pictures on the Tips, and Undocumented Features leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Michel

Hi

Up here in the north , I received the Tower Hobbies catalog . The Hitec systems are on the final page . I have also noticed that the prices of many radios have drop and not a little , very significantly . It was mentioned before and I will mention it again , Hitec has had
an impact for us modelers

I noticed a couple of new things about the Aurora 9 , the trim on the throttle does not work pass half , certainly not a big thing . And when you change models , you have to reset the timer , at least thats new to me . I set up my second plane and it is so easy , a piece of cake .

Michel
Old 04-22-2010, 09:08 PM
CustomPC

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

I noticed a couple of new things about the Aurora 9 , the trim on the throttle does not work pass half , certainly not a big thing .

That is by design and is standard on almost all modern computer radios.

It's primarily for glow engines, so that there is no over driving of the carb barrel at full throttle (aka binding) when you advance the idle trim.

The best way to setup a typical glow engine is to set the trim to full down and then adjust the endpoints so that you get full sweep of the carb barrel from fully closed to fully open. Then when you return the trim to center it should open the carb barrel slightly and be somewhere near a decent idle. You can then be sure of being able to cut the throttle with full down trim (you may choose to use the T-Cut function as well).
If the trim were to shift the endpoint at both ends the servo would bind trying to force the carb barrel past it's end stop.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 PM
boothg-3

i have a question about scan mode and normal mode the manual stated when in a crowded 2.4 enviroment you can scan the 2.4 spectrum for the cleanest channels then switch back to normal mode
my question is does this require switching both the transmitter and recievers or just the TX
Old 04-22-2010, 11:40 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: boothg-3 have a question about scan mode and normal mode the manual stated when in a crowded 2.4 enviroment you can scan the 2.4 spectrum for the cleanest channels then switch back to normal mode. my question is does this require switching both the transmitter and recievers or just the TX
Old 04-23-2010, 02:46 AM
jpcr44

I'm still waiting for my 2 receivers, sent my coupon in 50 days ago.

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.