Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

72 MHz systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:46 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 72 MHz systems

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace
Not sure if it is true (my local hobby store is very often wrong) but the Local Hobby clown has told me that Futaba is discontinuing it's 72 mhz equipment. No one has said when though.
I think the hobby shops and distributors, not the manufacturers or the FCC, will be the ones who "kill" 72 mhz in the US. One LHS told me they will not be reordering any 72 mhz equipment. So, when they run out, 2.4 will be the only thing available in the store. If the majority of shops plan to do the same thing, the distributors will stop importing the 72 mhz stuff. Even if it continues to be manufactured, and sold in other countries, it may be hard (or expensive) for us to get it.

It's easy to say that there is "no market" for 72, but the distributors and stores can control the market to a certain extent by only handling what they want to sell.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Thisstrangeengine

Ok, I have no problem with the 2.4 system. Looks like it might even work well in some of my large scale stuff, so I was on Towers website looking at the 2.4's and decided to add the Futaba 7C 7 Channel w/4 digital high torque servos to my cart for 295.00 w/ a 60.00 merchandise rebate offer. Great deal if you ask me since 4 of the servos alone would cost 140.00 and the receiver is around 100.00. Now here's the sucky part and why I'm concerned in the first place. I was on Futabas website and saw a "Trade-in Program" for older systems. Another plus (there is a thread in this section about this) but then I found a service advisory for the 6EX,7C,and TM-7 mdule. CRAP!!!
I was finally giving in and BAM!!! Guess I'll wait a while... Here's the link. I'll start another thread with this link. http://2.4gigahertz.com/techsupport/...m7-7c-6ex.html
Old 07-02-2009, 04:02 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, we resolved that discussion I believe in the other thread I hope and you understand that was a temporary anomaly that has been corrected.

As for 72 MHz going away I believe that even if they stop production of the TX's they will keep on with RX's for a while and even if not the third party manufacturers will. Shops will keep the TX's repaired and manufacturers will keep the RX's being made. 72 is here for quite a while unless the FCC bans it and I don't see that happening soon.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:38 PM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: Thisstrangeengine

Ok, I have no problem with the 2.4 system. Looks like it might even work well in some of my large scale stuff, so I was on Towers website looking at the 2.4's and decided to add the Futaba 7C 7 Channel w/4 digital high torque servos to my cart for 295.00 w/ a 60.00 merchandise rebate offer. Great deal if you ask me since 4 of the servos alone would cost 140.00 and the receiver is around 100.00. Now here's the sucky part and why I'm concerned in the first place. I was on Futabas website and saw a ''Trade-in Program'' for older systems. Another plus (there is a thread in this section about this) but then I found a service advisory for the 6EX,7C,and TM-7 mdule. CRAP!!!
I was finally giving in and BAM!!! Guess I'll wait a while... Here's the link. I'll start another thread with this link. http://2.4gigahertz.com/techsupport/...m7-7c-6ex.html

OLD, OLD news. Look at the date.
And I'm not even a Futaba guy.
I don't think anyone will ever accuse you of being impulsive!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Thisstrangeengine

I'm usually not impulsive.... This GREAT Forum has been around a long time and It'll take me some time to catch up. I over-reacted [&o]