Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

new DSX9 with AR500 loss of control

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
russzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new DSX9 with AR500 loss of control

hi. i guess the new 2.4g radio outfit is about 2-3weeks old now. ive had a few test flights with no problems till now. yesterday i was about 3mins into the fight (slow flying and close in) the weather was calm ... when the motor cut and i got no response from the radio. total loss of control. all i can say is it was lucky i wasnt tearing about with my wing! it could have been a disaster. the plane was about 30ft up and then about 2ft from the ground when the control came back. but too late to save it.
when i got in the LED was solid. no blinking! i left the radio on for about an hour with no bother ?? weired.

ive just noticed trying to set up the failsafe isnt working right .. or maybee its me .. if i alter the sticks and switch off the tx it stays like it till i switch the radio on and off !!! then it sets
the stick settings to neutral. surely this is wrong? if i loose the transmitter signal .. surely the radio should change the setting at this time to its failsafe setting. ie. zero trims and closed throttle. thats how i bound the radio.

my old JR radio would reset to neutral trim on a tx failure regardless. mmm?? anyhow .. ive noticed lots of other posts for this faulty radio.

the radio is a AR500 spektrum. [&o]

PS. just a thought. ive not mentioned my battery set up. ive a seperate battery for the radio and of couse the lipo for the motor. i prefer it this way. the +v rail to the esc is not connected to the radio. ive been flying like this since 2006 with all my planes. also this plane has a battey switch .. whereas my wing hasnt. so it should be more stable with the switch.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
onewasp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new DSX9 with AR500 loss of control

Talk to Tony (mac man) at McGregors not here.

Both faster and WAY more accurate.