Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HITEC AURORA VS JR 9 CHANNEL, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 06:02 PM
jerryantczak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HITEC AURORA VS JR 9 CHANNEL, HELP!!!

I,m in the market for a new 9 channel radio and am considering the Hitec Aurora 9 or the JR 9 channel for park zone electric to .60 size gas scale planes:

A. Does the the newer Aurora have newer/better 2.4 technology?
B. Is the Aurora as reliable as the JR 9 channel?
C. Any idea if JR has anything in store to compete with the Aurora?
D. PLEASE advise what you would recommend based on the above!
Thanks, Jerry
Old 12-27-2009, 06:10 PM
GhostRider32

Default RE: HITEC AURORA VS JR 9 CHANNEL, HELP!!!

I just received my Aurora and all I can say is it's awesome. There's so many features on the Aurora, where do you start? Telemetry, ease of programming, touchscreen, full time hopping, the list goes on. The JR is a nice radio but the Aurora is now the top 9 - 10 channel radio IMHO.

If you buy an Aurora before March 31st, you get a free 7 channel receiver and the option for another 7 channel for $39. Equip the 9303 with 3 receivers and now the JR costs $850 to Hitec's $480 anf the 9303 doesn't have telemetry, touchscreen, ect...... Thought the JR is nice, it's not really comparable to the Aurora because the Aurora has some many features that the 9303 doesn't have.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:18 PM
firehopper

Ihave a dx7 and the aurora 9, the a9 is not compatable with any parkzone airplanes that have built in dsm2 recievers, only jr or spektrum are compatable with that, if it does not have a built in reciever then you can put a optima 7 or what ever reciever in it.

ORIGINAL: jerryantczak

I,m in the market for a new 9 channel radio and am considering the Hitec Aurora 9 or the JR 9 channel for park zone electric to .60 size gas scale planes:

Thanks, Jerry
Old 12-27-2009, 06:19 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you haven't got any investment presently in JR/Spektrum or Hitec/Futaba Rx's then you could go either way.

JR has a 12X out and is coming out with an 11 channel sometime soon.

The X9303 has Model Match is compatible with a number of Bind n Fly aircraft that are on the market presently. Bind n Fly means the aircraft is factory set up with motor, esc, Rx, and battery. You just Bind it to your Spektrum or JR 2.4 Tx and fly. There is a wide variety of Rx's for every size model.

The A9 has many good programming features, is cheaper, and will have Telemetry available soon. Presently, you can get the A9 with a 9ch Rx and vouchers to get two 7ch Rx's all for around $450.
The X9303 sells for $650 at our local Hobby Shop. The A9 has an RF Module so it is backwardly compatible with 72Mhz RF Modules and may accept 3rd Party 2.4 RF Modules if you want to use Futaba and JR/Spectrum Rx's.

Don't forger Airtronics and Futaba.

There are other companies with 2.4 RF Modules available to put in existing Tx's that accept RF Modules.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:23 PM
GhostRider32

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

The A9 has many good programming features, is cheaper, and will have Telemetry available soon. Presently, you can get the A9 with a 9ch Rx and vouchers to get two 7ch Rx's all for around $450.
The X9303 sells for $650 at our local Hobby Shop. The A9 has an RF Module so it is backwardly compatible with 72Mhz RF Modules and may accept 3rd Party 2.4 RF Modules if you want to use Futaba and JR/Spectrum Rx's.

Don't forger Airtronics and Futaba.

There are other companies with 2.4 RF Modules available to put in existing Tx's that accept RF Modules.
Telemetry is available now which shows receiver battery voltage. Many more sensors will soon be available.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:17 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jerryantczak I,m in the market for a new 9 channel radio and am considering the Hitec Aurora 9 or the JR 9 channel for park zone electric to .60 size gas scale planes:
Thanks, Jerry
Hitec RCD has arguably the better reputation for back up and assistance.
The attached comparison chart may assist (add in 18 character user name in lieu of No for the Aurora) as well as the information provided at:
Aurora A9 Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips, (includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features) . {frequently updated}

Previous similar thread; Hitec Aurora VS JR 9 Channel

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Jh15473.pdf (2.53 MB, 18 views)
Old 12-29-2009, 05:57 PM
jerryantczak

Thanks everyone, Aurora it is!!!
Jerry
Old 12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
GhostRider32

You wont be dissappointed.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
zero244

I agree......Im not sure what you would gain by going JR. Especially considering the 9303 with three receivers would cost 850 dollars.