Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

When will 4 Channel Park flyer Aurora 9 Receivers come out?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

When will 4 Channel Park flyer Aurora 9 Receivers come out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 PM
GizmoMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will 4 Channel Park flyer Aurora 9 Receivers come out?

Aurora 9 HELP - Not sure if my question is listed in other threads, so please point me to them if so...

Question, I own a JR X9303 and am thinking about selling it for I this Hitec Aurora 9 (w/9 channel), BUT....

I don't think I can buy this Hitec Aurora 9 until the 4 CHANNEL park flyer receivers are on the market?
This makes NO sense, why the heck would this be out and NO 4 channel park flyer receivers, this seems really odd and not too smart on Hitec's part?

When will they be out and how much will the cost and will there be package deals to buy 3 or 4 or 6 or four-channel receivers to convert my fleet???

Thanks so much!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:45 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: When will 4 Channel Park flyer Aurora 9 Receivers come out?

ORIGINAL: GizmoMadMax Aurora 9 HELP - Not sure if my question is listed in other threads, so please point me to them if so...
Question, I own a JR X9303 and am thinking about selling it for I this Hitec Aurora 9 (w/9 channel), BUT....
I don't think I can buy this Hitec Aurora 9 until the 4 CHANNEL park flyer receivers are on the market?
This makes NO sense, why the heck would this be out and NO 4 channel park flyer receivers, this seems really odd and not too smart on Hitec's part?
When will they be out and how much will the cost and will there be package deals to buy 3 or 4 or 6 or four-channel receivers to convert my fleet???
Thanks so much!!!!
Same question posted/answered other threads, the Hitec Optima6 channel 2.4Ghz receiis already available in stores with the Minima 5 shortly,to be made in two versions, end connector and vertical connector.
Doubt a 4ch will ever eventuate as irrelevant nowadays given no weight/size difference (e.g. 4ch Feather &Micro 05MZ/HFS-05MS &) plus5ch provides for flapperons etc.

Optima 7 converted for small model use with picture. Case removed they weigh just over 0.25oz. (8g/10g).
A new Minima without telemetry, will be released early 2010.
"Optima 6: 7-8g , Optima 7: 9-10g , lower weight is without the BODA. - Mike. "

Optima RX - Conversion for Indoor and Park-Flyers pending release of Minima 2.4GHz series. Hitec "Factory Pilot" Brandon Chitty uses the Optima 7 in his indoor competition aircraft (Fancy Foam Maxima) that weighs 8oz, as well as his 170CC DA powered 42% Aeroworks Yak.

check further Optima information at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 PM
GizmoMadMax

Urrrggggggg #$%&^!@#

OK, I appreciate the help!!!
Don't get me wrong, great ideas on there forums and fixes, tips and tricks, awesome!!!

Now, my complaint to the MANUFACTURER on this specific topic:
DaRn, do we have to jump through hoopes and modify the OEM packaing and play games with the Mfg'ers flawed process of NOT supplying us something light in the first place, BECUASE hello, the PARK flyer world is hot, so why do I have to play games and risk warranty and damaging taking a tiny elctronic device apart, c
WE need 4 or ok, maybe 5 Channel PARK flyer Transceivers, NOT 6 or 7 channel disassembled, I don't have time for that let alone risk damage and warrant, jeepers urgggg [>:]

Hitec folks, great products, but please, help us here?

Thanks, keep the replies coming!!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:08 PM
GizmoMadMax

So any word from anyone on when 4 &/or 5 channel park flyers will come out and they big question is, will they crush JR, Airtronics and Futaba with a GREAT price of $20 each, yea baby!!!! IF they do that, I will buy the A9 immediately, but until I hear that, I think I am pulling my JR 9303 off the market and keeping it...

Horizon Tech support said brown outs are from 4.8v packs that go low, NOT the receivers or the technology, along with their firmware update about a year ago, so it connects instantly if you do have one....assuming it cut the motor current draw or all servo's going full bore in a 3D stunt....

So they said use a 6v pack and NOT 4.8 volt...
BUT, I forgot to ask them about my electrics on 2 & 3 cell lipo's???? any thoughts???

thanks all
Old 03-27-2010, 08:53 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use 2cell LiPo packs exclusively, with voltage regulators to keep the voltage at 5v pr 6v depending upon my servos. It is not just the voltage, but the capacity, as well. Be sure you have more than enough capacity to handle the worst case scenario where all the servos are stalled at the same time. This is where the highest current draw occurs. Get a Wattmeter or an H9 Current Meter.