RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   eagle Tree Guardian problem (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11649237-eagle-tree-guardian-problem.html)

bokuda 05-26-2018 03:08 PM

eagle Tree Guardian problem

I hope someone can help.

I have a guardian installed in a Telemaster with separate aileron servos on separate channels with a Spektrum system. No matter how I set it up, the ailerons move in the same direction, either both up or down, Servo reversing channels does not solve the problem. I tried an electronic servo reverser, but the connected servo moves randomly with it.

A Y harness has been ordered and I will try that, but am hoping someone has a remedy so that the aileron servos can be used on separate channels.

mongo 05-26-2018 07:30 PM

when i have to have separate ail/ele servos and a stabilizer, i use 2 stabilizers mounted side by side. one for the left half of the plane, the other for the right. also will allow for separate rudder/nosewheel servo channels.(or dual rudders, like in a falcon/bobcat type)

bokuda 05-27-2018 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by mongo (Post 12435304)
when i have to have separate ail/ele servos and a stabilizer, i use 2 stabilizers mounted side by side. one for the left half of the plane, the other for the right. also will allow for separate rudder/nosewheel servo channels.(or dual rudders, like in a falcon/bobcat type)

Thanks. Interesting, but expensive, solution! But it may be worth trying for my 1/4 WW1's that are becoming difficult for me to fly.

wnewbury 05-27-2018 06:25 AM

Don't the instructions say to physically reverse the location of one servo? Flip it over to aim it the other way?

bokuda 05-27-2018 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by wnewbury (Post 12435371)
Don't the instructions say to physically reverse the location of one servo? Flip it over to aim it the other way?

I do not see that in the instructions and I don't see how that is possible unless one servo is remounted to the top of the wing. Turning the servo 180 degrees as mounted will not reverse the throw.

One solution, might be to move the control horn on one wing so the other side of the servo output arm could be used - and I may just do that if I don't find another solution in the next few days.

There must be a way to configure this as wings with separate servos are very common.

I have emailed Eagle Tree, but have no yet received a reply.

mongo 05-27-2018 03:06 PM

have you turned option #9 "on" in the menu? that is the onboard dual aileron mix
then use option #11 to toggle reverse/normal.
this is all starting about midway down on page 9 of the manual.

wnewbury 05-27-2018 08:43 PM

looking for where I saw it.

bokuda 05-28-2018 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by mongo (Post 12435472)
have you turned option #9 "on" in the menu? that is the onboard dual aileron mix
then use option #11 to toggle reverse/normal.
this is all starting about midway down on page 9 of the manual.

Yes, I saw that. I do not have a PC and Eagle Tree does not offer their software for MACs. However, the manual says the default setting is for wings with two aileron servos.

Thank you for your response.

mongo 05-28-2018 02:18 PM

it does tell you how to use the TX to program it, the pc stuff is just for ease when in the shop.