Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Finding a place to run

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 05:29 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finding a place to run

I can't seem to find a spot to run without somethin messin up my signal,cops asking too many questions,curbs,light...all that.Where do you guys go to run your cars at?Maybe theres places I've never thought of,but one cool one I've never seen mentioned is a track and field track at a high school.I ran mine there once and with the exeption of sand on the edges of it (gotta love Florida) it was pretty cool.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:56 PM
ShOzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finding a place to run

large parking lots without parking blocks work, as well as tennis courts and things of that nature, not to mention tracks actually made for onroad cars
Old 11-21-2003, 01:12 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't there a big drag strip in Gainesville? Jeez, I wonder if you could "sneak" in sometime? Or perhaps find a sympathetic person in charge who'd let you in from time to time???They must have a big parking lot too, aye?
Old 11-22-2003, 04:21 AM
raceme

run it at a mall where no one parks. malls usually have more parking then needed so yea. or race on a free way naw jp i wanna try that though
Old 11-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Element

If your ever in the jacksonville-middleburg area they have a great track on 103rd st. then then theres and offroad track more out of town.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:57 PM
maxxdriver

if you have a car use the high school track that the kids run a round i run my surpent there cause the road and parking lots tare up the foam tires!!!!

but some onroad cars dont have enouh ground clearance if it is an rubber track so you might have to stiffin the shocks to keep the chassis off the ground, some high schools have concrete tracks that work good to!!

if u have a truck you can use a baseball field or football field at a school , but if it looks like they put alot of money into the grass and is a very nice field and urr truck tears it up u can get in trouble!!!!!
+
Old 11-28-2003, 12:54 AM
knotteboi
My Feedback: (1)

Baseball Park!
Old 11-28-2003, 01:22 AM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I meant on road,and I like that dragstrip idea...I'm gonna try to head out there the next wednesday I have my car running...its test and tune and $5 to watch,$15 to run as many passes as the amount of people allow.

On a side note,I smoked a Lancer really bad in a street race tonight..he had a huge 3'' strait pipe that was loud as sh... and he got his ass beat with my stock Eclipse.I saw his headlights way back there,lol.And he turned up his stereo on the line like it was gonna help