Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Official Smartech Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 07:52 AM
rctamiyafan77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Smartech Thread

[size=2]I think its a good idea to create a thread that is devoted to the Smartech on-road nitro cars, especially the ones that everyone gets on ebay. So post everything you want here about these cars...the winner 1 etc. Post its weaknesses, how fast yours goes, good points etc. Also, this will be great for people who have just bought one and are trying to find out the immediate attention required to make this cheap car go faster that 60 mph, which some people have achieved. This thread will also point out all the places where you can get replacement parts for this car, as i know that you will need to know this information.
Get posting gents!
Old 09-26-2004, 01:47 PM
rctamiyafan77

Default RE: Official Smartech Thread

Check this out, these are on the way home, what do you have to say about it? especially people who already have one.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70637.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	176978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19363.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	176979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns43768.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	176980  
Old 09-26-2004, 04:30 PM
nitroracer20

what engine is that?
Old 09-26-2004, 11:48 PM
rctamiyafan77

its a 15CXS engine, which i guess is the same as a .15 as most people think of it. Only cost me 139 bucks, good deal or no?
Old 09-28-2004, 06:59 PM
basher8

I've got one of the winner 1 cars. Ran it for a while, there o.k. cars for the money. I never could get a really good tune on the engine though. So I put it aside and got the RS4 3 SS great car. Thought about making the smartech into an offroad.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:53 AM
rctamiyafan77

Yeah , i just got mine, and runs pretty damn well......i'll see how fast it goes today. But all i know is that is it fast for me compared to my old electric car! people have talked about breaking things the first time they used the car.....but no porblem with me here. I'm gonna stick with this one for a while......and gradually save up for a rs4 as they are meant to be really good. or i could just upgrade mine......i dont know yet, i got time
Old 10-02-2004, 12:48 PM
rctamiyafan77

hey, what are your needle settings for the carburetor? I am having trouble to get a good speed, could anyone help me?
Old 10-05-2004, 12:01 AM
rctamiyafan77

right, this is really annoying, i still cant adjust the carburetor effectively after many days, can anyone tell me the factory settings at least? or know where is can find out? thank you
Old 10-05-2004, 01:06 PM
lithiumfox

the factory setting does not say in the manual, but it does say in it to record the factory postition before adjusting it ;x
Old 10-05-2004, 11:38 PM
rctamiyafan77

ah crap, my mistake then. well do you have any suggestions for me then?
Old 10-06-2004, 11:53 PM
rctamiyafan77

is there like a smartech site on the web? not like the official one cause that one is a piece of crap, but like an unoficial better one or sometihng?
Old 10-07-2004, 05:24 PM
rcxm

http://xmseller.com/html/products.html

click smartech racing car parts collection link.

you will see lots smatech 1:10 racing car and 1:8 truck parts.

parts reference only
Old 10-08-2004, 12:06 AM
rctamiyafan77

alright thanks. there is also a seller on ebay that sells all the parts, but i think its only in america
Old 10-08-2004, 08:48 PM
basher8

my car only has one needle for adjustment (high speed needle). The factory setting was 3 turns out. Thats where I broke it in at, and it was pretty rich, got a lot of oil and fuel out the pipe. When I started to lean it out to get it faster it started trying to run to hot, by this time I really had the fever and wanted a better car that I could get parts for at my LHS so I went ahead and bought the RS4 3 SS off of a guy on ebay. Oh by the way I never had any problems with my smartech as far as broken parts just couldn't get a good tune would be my only complaint.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:43 AM
rctamiyafan77

ah crap, ive got exactly the same problem.......cant tune it right but its a solid car

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT COULD HELP ME WITH MY NEEDLE SETTINGS???????

sorry for that, this is jsut starting to frustrate me a litlle.....
Old 10-10-2004, 02:05 AM
rctamiyafan77

i just found out that it is good to set the low speed needle first, like start it rich and lean it little by little, is that good? like doing that before the HSN?
Old 10-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Rc/dc

I got my smartech car 1 week ago i dont have any problems with it. it goes hard it wasent running as well as all the others since it was still getting run in after about 10 tanks of fuel were put through it i started tuning it and i put it up against a 2 speed kyosyio(dont know how to spell it) and mine didn't win but it came close but mines only 1 speed and it came close so im pretty happy with mine...
Old 10-24-2004, 10:43 PM
jajwrigh

I have the same car and have had a terrible time getting it to run. Got it running for the first time today....broke it in and opened it up a bit...seems quick for my firs nitro car. It is terribly hard to tune though...what is a better engine that we could put on it? What settings are you all finding success with. High needle, low, and neutral throttle position?? Please let me know!
Old 10-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Rc/dc

Umm ive been mucking around with high speed needle you know the thing on the carby lol i dont know much about them i just experiment with it make sure you dont go to far with the high speed needle because when you go open throttle it will want to cut out cuz of not enough fuel getting in but just wind it back after that to get it so your going as fast as it can down a straight and not wanting to cut out and to be on safe side make sure you wind it back a bit more cuz it can cause car to overheat and blow up DONT TRY TO TUNE it until you have atleast 10 tanks of fuel through it or it will blow the motor up...
Old 10-26-2004, 02:54 AM
Rc/dc

Oh and i have throttle possition should be centered it will want to roll foward until you put brake on but you can always tighten brakes up to stop this if you want to..
Old 10-28-2004, 01:17 AM
jajwrigh

I have all the bugs worked out now! A friend and I have spent hours tuning the idle needle (low rpms), the throttle linkage, and the high needle. I have run around a dozen tanks of fuel and the car is very fast now. If anyone needs any help with this car I will try to help in any way that I can.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:58 AM
rctamiyafan77

oh cool, could you help me now? cause mine still doesn't work
could you tell me what your needle setttings are?
Old 10-30-2004, 01:29 AM
jajwrigh

The first thing I had to do was get the brake/throttle situation in check. Everytime I would get the car running I would get a car that wouldn't stop moving (no functional braking) or a car that wouldn't exceed 1/2 throttle. I have my set so that when I am off of the throttle, full brake is engaged and when I nail it, the carb opens all the way. You can set these by turning on the electronics on the car and the remote. My neutral setting in the remote is in the middle position. From this point I tightened the top screw in all the way and backed it off 3 full turns. Make sure your glow stick is charged, prime the full 2 or 3 times and begin trying to start. Listen to the engine and adjust the top needle 2 or 3 clicks at a time until it starts to get closer to starting. Eventually it will get going and try to keep it running for break in. Once you break the engine in the car is actually pretty quick. I raced a kid on a scooter today and absolutely killed him! I also raced my neighbor in the family car and barely beat them as well! Good luck to you and I hope some of this helps!
Old 10-30-2004, 04:59 AM
rctamiyafan77

thanks a lot for that.
could you tell me one more thing tho, how are your needles set? for example for the main needle, when completely closed, how many turns have you opened it? the default is 2 1/2 turns (anticlockwise). it would be great if you could help me out here!
Old 10-31-2004, 03:35 AM
rctamiyafan77

i guess that would be annoying for you to do as you would have to fiddle with your settings so dont bother, i would want you to **** up your tuning

i just ordered a venom temp guage so that'll greatly help me tune mine, do you know what temp your engine is meant to be at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.